CIA Director David Petraeus resigns

2»

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    waterproof wrote: »
    alright for all those who think that Obama was apart of the resignation David Petraeus, let's end it right here.

For all you rightwing nuts, Obama out smarted their ? againm, they are so gung-? to get dirt on Obama they did Obama a favor, lol.....dumbassess

Report: FBI whistle-blower contacted Eric Cantor on David Petraeus affair

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor spoke to an FBI whistle-blower two weeks ago who accused then-CIA Director David Petraeus of having an extramarital affair and potentially jeopardizing the security of classified information, according to a news report.

Cantor’s chief of staff, Steve Stombres, later met with FBI officials to pass on the accusations from the whistle-blower, the New York Times reported on Saturday night.
    Continue Reading

Cantor’s involvement in the Petraeus scandal is the first indication that anyone outside of the FBI knew Petraeus was under scrutiny for an extramarital relationship or potentially leaking classified information.

The FBI had been investigating Petraeus for several months after his alleged mistress, author Paula Broadwell, was suspected of sending “harassing” e-mails to another woman close to Petraeus.

During their probe of Broadwell’s activities, FBI agents uncovered information about a reputed romantic relationship between Broadwell and Petraeus. Broadwell is the author of a flattering biography on Petraeus’s extraordinary military career that was released early in 2012.

There were also concerns that Broadwell may have obtained sensitive information via her ties to Petraeus.

But the revelation of Cantor’s role in the scandal - and the emergence of an FBI whistle-blower - raises dramatic new questions about how the bureau conducted what was clearly a hugely sensitive problem, both in terms of the FBI’s relationship with the CIA and what it could mean for the highly esteemed Petraeus.

It also raises the stakes for the political fallout surrounding the scandal. Top CIA officials have been asked to brief members of the House Intelligence Committee next week on what happened and how the case unfolded.

“I was contacted by an F.B.I. employee concerned that sensitive, classified information may have been compromised and made certain [FBI] Director Mueller was aware of these serious allegations and the potential risk to our national security,” Cantor said in a statement.............

Eric Cantor knew before hand huh?

it'll be very interesting to see how the conservative media spin this, seeing how Cantor is one of the Republicans top dog for obstructing Obama

yet he can personally verify this is not apart of the "Benghazi cover up" like so many on the extreme right want it to be

wondering if they will turn on him like they did Chris Christie
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    no not entirely...
    more than half tho, you had to hhave been there, he actually made a rule that says we cant ask when we leaving.
    okay, but this still does not sound like Petraeus sat down in an office and said, "these dudes are working 18-month deployments, say i"
    Well the FBI got him , investigating him for some reason
    perhaps it was some FISHY reason?

FBI probe of Petraeus triggered by e-mail threats from biographer, officials say
    The collapse of the impressive career of CIA Director David H. Petraeus was triggered when a woman with whom he was having an affair sent threatening e-mails to another woman close to him, according to three senior law enforcement officials with know­ledge of the episode.

The recipient of the e-mails was so frightened that she went to the FBI for protection and help tracking down the sender, according to the officials. The FBI investigation traced the threats to Paula Broadwell, a former military officer and a Petraeus biographer, and uncovered explicit e-mails between Broadwell and Petraeus, the officials said.

When Petraeus’s name surfaced, FBI investigators were concerned that the CIA director’s personal e-mail account had been hacked and that national security had been threatened. The officials said further investigation, including FBI interviews with Broadwell and Petraeus, led to the discovery that the two were engaged in an affair.
    ...or just broads being crazy, the cause of 90% of life's problems

well you need to reread my post I said it was strange that he resigned and that more then likely somebody had some dirt on him which the fbi did and I said that before any reports on the matter were released. But hey I got my tin foil hat on .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Women, smh they get us all eventually. Another one bites the dust.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    is it the scandal they're more worried about or the act itself?
    acts for which you can possibly be blackmailed are a big deal, as is, as has already been mentioned, whether you're at risk for letting something (like your e-mail) be compromised
    alright for all those who think that Obama was apart of the resignation of David Petraeus, let's end it right here. For all you rightwing nuts, Obama out smarted their ? again, they are so gung-? to get dirt on Obama they did Obama a favor, lol.....dumbassess
    i don't see how this Obama stuff is supported at all; if Cantor's office passed on the info to the FBI, i don't see how this reflects negatively on anyone EXCEPT conspiracy nuts, whose very existence always reflects negatively on them
    well you need to reread my post I said it was strange that he resigned and that more then likely somebody had some dirt on him which the fbi did and I said that before any reports on the matter were released. But hey I got my tin foil hat on .
    okay, but can your tin foil hat elaborate in ANY way on the stuff you imply?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    article-petraeuslook-1111.jpg

no wonder this ? was cheating this was his wife!
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    That young (well in his case) ? seems to get even the wisest (supposedly) dudes in trouble. But there is definitely something else going on here. I had heard that Petraeus and Obama have a mutual disdain for one another, so that is probably what I think is going on.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    down2earth wrote: »
    That young (well in his case) ? seems to get even the wisest (supposedly) dudes in trouble. But there is definitely something else going on here. I had heard that Petraeus and Obama have a mutual disdain for one another, so that is probably what I think is going on.

Mutual disdain? Aren't you talking about the other general who resigned after dissing Obama in the Rolling Stones article?
  • janklow
    Mutual disdain? Aren't you talking about the other general who resigned after dissing Obama in the Rolling Stones article?
    McChrystal. and that DOES seem like the person he's thinking of.

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBAMA aint playing these last 4 years and have the clout to get what he want on the taxes, and if he want he going to name Susan Rice as the Sec of State and aint giving a flying ? , he dropped that BURN SLOW on Lindsey and John MCcain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dePyM--h0K4
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    The cracka aint nothing but a sucka. He is in a position for ? to take him down with them. He a general but when it comes to common sense he just another trickass. Paula knew what she was doing and found her dumb sucka. Now Paula got her fame and proud to be the ? that ? with Petra whatever the ? like Monica was proud to be the ? who ? with Bill.
  • janklow
    ...and if he want he going to name Susan Rice as the Sec of State and aint giving a flying ?
    he probably does give a ? considering the process by which she'd be made Secretary of State...
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Too many Americans concerned with fake ass appearances. This cracka ? up by choosing the square life then not sticking with it. You in the army. The army and its supporters full of uptight ? . If he kept it real in the first place instead of having a squeaky clean image he might have got away with a public apology and kept his job. Prime ministers in Europe and Asia got away with scandals because they publicly declared they were bachelors or no good husbands but that ? aint concerned with they jobs.