Does anyone think Iran will eventually get more involved in the Israeli-Gaza war going on now?

kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
Things are escalating in the Gaza Strip now, Israel is pounding the ? out of the Gaza strip, so far killing 87 Palestinians, 37 of them civilians. There may even be a ground invasion coming soon, which would get really nasty....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/18/gilad-sharon-israel-gaza-op-ed_n_2155932.html

This is all nothing new really, but with Iran talking tough on Israel lately, does anyone here think Iran will get more involved? They already supply missiles to Hamas according to the CIA, but is there a chance Iran will start bombing Israel to protect Palestinians? Just something I've wondered about, cuz that is something that would probably cause WW3 at this point.....

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sure they smart enough to not get involved alone
    so if they get involved with some allies ? gonna get a lil hectic
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iran just in it to sell weapons. They weren't even involved in the six day war. Also, Iran aren't Arabs aren't of the same sect religiously. There is talk that Iran really wants to take over Gaza religiously. Gaza is mostly Sunni while Iran is Shia. If they get involved beyond weapons supply, i think it would be for influence over the region and political gain, but it's at too great a cost.
  • kingblaze84
    ? ? you the ? has already dropped these facts upon you peons

What facts ? lol
  • kingblaze84
    CracceR wrote: »
    im sure they smart enough to not get involved alone
    so if they get involved with some allies ? gonna get a lil hectic

I could see Syria and Lebanon backing up Iran in any fight and that would be tough as it is, Israel lost the last Lebanon war in 2006. But I also wonder if Israel actually has the ? to bomb Iran. This situation can be the perfect excuse to bomb Iran now.
  • kingblaze84
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Iran just in it to sell weapons. They weren't even involved in the six day war. Also, Iran aren't Arabs aren't of the same sect religiously. There is talk that Iran really wants to take over Gaza religiously. Gaza is mostly Sunni while Iran is Shia. If they get involved beyond weapons supply, i think it would be for influence over the region and political gain, but it's at too great a cost.

Yeah Iran talks tough but in the end they really don't want it with Israel. If anything happens it'll be because Israel bombs Iran, something a part of me thinks might happen now. Israel has given so many signs it's willing to bomb first but maybe Obama has held them back
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iran won't get involved unless they absolutely have to and that's if Israel makes the first move...which eventually they will. Like homie said, Iran just trying to sell weapons because word is that their economy is in the toilet right now.

I don't know why people underestimating Iran though, there's a reason why America decided to surround them with allies and puppet governments instead of attacking them directly, they've made an ass out of America twice. 1st by throwing the Shah out, the second by ? up Iraq when Saddam was back by the U.S. The Iranians are dangerous....and crazy, if the Ayatollahs really wanted to get rid of Israel like people been saying for decades what's taking so long?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    This is all nothing new really, but with Iran talking tough on Israel lately, does anyone here think Iran will get more involved? They already supply missiles to Hamas according to the CIA-
    i could be wrong about this, but i thought even Hamas explicitly admitted they had Iranian-supplied missiles and the like.
    Iran just in it to sell weapons. They weren't even involved in the six day war.
    yeah, but remember when that war took place.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? could get very real if other Iran involves itself any further
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    janklow wrote: »
    Iran just in it to sell weapons. They weren't even involved in the six day war.
    yeah, but remember when that war took place.

You're right, i forgot America had it's puppet ruler installed then.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    With how America latches onto Ahmadinejad's thoughts during speeches I don't think he would... with all the talk he does about not interfering and letting every country do as they deem fit, America would be all over his ass.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iran doesnt want it with IsIKeepsItReal! Isreal has 800 modern gen 5 fighters and one of the best trained pilot corps in the world. Plus they got the "you know what" tucked under the belt, if need be.

I'm usually on the fence on these issues but Israel is bang on with this errything was fine before this nonsense started by this new regime of Hamas. The economy of Gaza was growing and the borders were open. The clowns that took over after the internal war are showing out now to make a point. Israel needs to stay on they necks it will be better for the Palestinian cause as a whole.
  • kingblaze84
    rage wrote: »
    Iran doesnt want it with IsIKeepsItReal! Isreal has 800 modern gen 5 fighters and one of the best trained pilot corps in the world. Plus they got the "you know what" tucked under the belt, if need be.

I'm usually on the fence on these issues but Israel is bang on with this errything was fine before this nonsense started by this new regime of Hamas. The economy of Gaza was growing and the borders were open. The clowns that took over after the internal war are showing out now to make a point. Israel needs to stay on they necks it will be better for the Palestinian cause as a whole.

I agree that Israel would wipe the floor with Iran and obviously any nation in the Middle East, thanks to America's complete military support and money but with that being said,

Things were going terrible before the current war, Israel continued destroying Palestinian homes and continued stealing Palestinian land, how can you possibly say the borders were open?The Gaza strip is under an air, sea, and land blockade, and Israel controls any goods that come inside the country. Israel staying on their necks might work in the short term but it's only making Israel more hated in the long term (and short term). Peace won't be achieved through violence, so how long should Israel stay on their necks? I'm aware there will NEVER be peace over there but don't you think Israel should stop egging Hamas on by building so many illegal settlements while stealing land and water?
  • kingblaze84
    .IRS. wrote: »
    With how America latches onto Ahmadinejad's thoughts during speeches I don't think he would... with all the talk he does about not interfering and letting every country do as they deem fit, America would be all over his ass.

Good point, Iran is scared of Israel and that's why I'm sure they won't strike first. Israel likely would though, and I can see that happening this year.
  • kingblaze84
    Turkey calls Israel a terrorist state

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=292561

INSTANBUL - Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan described Israel on Monday as a "terrorist state" in carrying out its bombardment of Gaza, underlining hostility for Ankara's former ally since relations between them collapsed in 2010.

His comments came after nearly a week of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel and Israeli air strikes on the Gaza Strip. An Israeli missile killed at least 11 Palestinian civilians including four children in Gaza on Sunday.

"Those who associate Islam with terrorism close their eyes in the face of mass killing of Muslims, turn their heads from the massacre of children in Gaza," Erdogan told a conference of the Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul.

"For this reason, I say that Israel is a terrorist state, and its acts are terrorist acts," he said.

--Somebody tells the truth in politics for once....

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iran will not get more involved than it already is but israel will never go to direct war with iran. Israel does not have the man power. Iran has millions of people and a large organized army. Israel cannot invade all it might be able to do is air bomb and that alone won't get the job done. It takes more than air power.
  • jono
    Jono wrote:
    So we supposed to act like Israel bad ass because they shooting fish in a barrel? Gaza is a strip of land and they don't have an army for Israel to fight. Hell they don't have medicine and food half the time. Israel hasn't seen a real war in decades....a fight with Iran would be a REAL war. I personally don't think Israel should make that mistake, but it seems like they itchin' to.

But Iran is weak too. All the sanctions put on them has weakened their economy and their ability to fight at top form....making it even easier for Israel to win, considering they've never faced sanctions or any type of penalty for all the ? up ? they do.
  • kingblaze84
    zombie wrote: »
    Iran will not get more involved than it already is but israel will never go to direct war with iran. Israel does not have the man power. Iran has millions of people and a large organized army. Israel cannot invade all it might be able to do is air bomb and that alone won't get the job done. It takes more than air power.

Yeah Israel would never invade Iran out right, that'd be suicide for them their too tiny a country. But with air power alone, Israel would carpet bomb Iran bad enough to win any body count, which is mostly what Israel likes nowadays. They prefer body counts to peace as a matter of fact....
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2012
    jono wrote: »
    Jono wrote:
    So we supposed to act like Israel bad ass because they shooting fish in a barrel? Gaza is a strip of land and they don't have an army for Israel to fight. Hell they don't have medicine and food half the time. Israel hasn't seen a real war in decades....a fight with Iran would be a REAL war. I personally don't think Israel should make that mistake, but it seems like they itchin' to.

But Iran is weak too. All the sanctions put on them has weakened their economy and their ability to fight at top form....making it even easier for Israel to win, considering they've never faced sanctions or any type of penalty for all the ? up ? they do.

Very very true that shows you how weak Iran is militarily. They talk up the Palestinians all the time but don't have the military or political power to push up against Israel and best buddy America to defend them. Like Furious said they're mostly in it to sell weapons but something this year feels different then years past. A cease fire has been rejected tonight by Israel, so who knows what that could mean for the future.
  • jono
    Bibi wants to fight that's what's up. He was walking around with a bomb diagram

bibi_bomb1.jpg

Dude wants to ? with the Ayatollahs. Its not a good idea B.....not a good idea at all.
  • zombie

Yeah Israel would never invade Iran out right, that'd be suicide for them their too tiny a country. But with air power alone, Israel would carpet bomb Iran bad enough to win any body count, which is mostly what Israel likes nowadays. They prefer body counts to peace as a matter of fact....

Carpet bombing a nation doesn't work. They would have to fly over several nations to do this. And even then they could still miss military targets.

Iran will not be demoralized by killing civilians, This is a nation that has no problem using human weave attacks against machine guns Or Facing chemical weapons. They did so during the iraq iran war And back then they Were much weaker then they are now.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .IRS. wrote: »

Good point, Iran is scared of Israel and that's why I'm sure they won't strike first. Israel likely would though, and I can see that happening this year.
    He's also stated he would not attack anyone unless attacked, if you listen to interviews he repeatedly states the world needs reform, there is too much violence, too many innocent people being killed to get at 'the few'. Imo he's too level headed and analytical to jump the gun or to do some ? without serious provocation.
  • kingblaze84

Carpet bombing a nation doesn't work. They would have to fly over several nations to do this. And even then they could still miss military targets.

Iran will not be demoralized by killing civilians, This is a nation that has no problem using human weave attacks against machine guns Or Facing chemical weapons. They did so during the iraq iran war And back then they Were much weaker then they are now.

Carpet bombing doesn't win wars true, they would still need to invade to win and that won't happen without American help. I can almost guarantee America wouldn't invade ANOTHER nation, not after our losses in Afghanistan and Iraq. But Israel has a hell of an air force and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't care about flying over the air space of nations around the Middle East, they did it before bombing Syria's nuclear sites in the 80s. Israel would take a lot of losses though and that's what's keeping them back from total war for the most part.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    But Israel has a hell of an air force and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't care about flying over the air space of nations around the Middle East, they did it before bombing Syria's nuclear sites in the 80s.
    still more suited to surgical strikes than anything we'd call carpet bombing, though

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

bibi_bomb1.jpg

Dude wants to ? with the Ayatollahs. Its not a good idea B.....not a good idea at all.

Why not? What could they possibly do?
  • zombie
    rage wrote: »

bibi_bomb1.jpg

Why not? What could they possibly do?

Maybe sneak a ? bomd into israel after all iran does have nuclear material. Israel would have bomded iran already, but they never will because they know better because it would be more trouble than it's worth.