Options
    Wow. That's too bad. I always liked "Moment of Truth."
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    I wouldn't doubt it, but I just feel that Guru was silenced

co-sign. I seriously doubt that Guru ever woke up from that coma and had anything to do with those two letters. DJ Premier needs to come out swinging...real talk. ? Solar, he'll never mean anything to Gangstarr's legacy
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thats the vibe I got from it...partner,brother,friend...Solar will take care of his son??? My "ex-DJ",like he dont have a name...red and rainbow flags abound....

thats what im screaming ? sound mad funny style
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Premo, Jeru Da Damaja, Group Home or somebody close to Guru should come out and speak on this. This seems real phucked up for Guru to leave a letter like that to the hip-hop community before he died. It just don't sit well with me. Gangstarr rolled together for over 20 years. Now we're supposed to look to someone whose name doesn't hold half the weight of Premo's for a tribute?? No disrespect to Solar cause I don't know him like that, but he really don't mean ? to me musically. I rocked with Gangstarr from Words That I Manifest all the way to Full Clip. Something not right about this.

R.I.P. Guru

because he didn't write it
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't doubt it, but I just feel that Guru was silenced

That ? obviously is fake my ex-dj who the ? talks like that and on his death bed he gon ? on preeme please if u dying u not even thinking about your ill's and beefs u had with other people[well at least I'm not]the whole situation was suspect from the start but damn is it me or is cancer getting more and more prevalent?
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    co-sign. I seriously doubt that Guru ever woke up from that coma and had anything to do with those two letters. DJ Premier needs to come out swinging...real talk. ? Solar, he'll never mean anything to Gangstarr's legacy

yep and I don't mean to get on Solar like this but he deserves this ?

I just feel that he let a snake run his life!
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    writing a fake death bed letter? for that, solar deserves to be on his deathbed
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Them ? was on some ? ? !

this originally popped in my head when all dis started...

i cant wait to hear wait premo gotta say...
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    That ? obviously is fake my ex-dj who the ? talks like that and on his death bed he gon ? on preeme please if u dying u not even thinking about your ill's and beefs u had with other people[well at least I'm not]the whole situation was suspect from the start but damn is it me or is cancer getting more and more prevalent?

I mean that is just unreal, man!
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I mean that is just unreal, man!

Thank you what the ? is wrong with this dude he going too get it though and see we shouldn't even be disscusing this ? but that cat foul.
  • blackgotty
    blackgotty Members Posts: 345
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Guru didnt talk to premier in years...some of you may not know that guru was the one who deaded gangstarr back then
    i remember a foxx record that leaked last year where he was threatening Guru if he keeps talking bad about premo while beein on tour
    i dont know why y all ignoring these facts ,just google it ...maybe someone can find the song

There´s absolutely no credible reason for solar to make up ? ...primo should explain why they were beefing instead of pushing people to question solar
  • Mr.Wezzinton
    Mr.Wezzinton Members Posts: 182
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im way to damn high for this ? man im just finding this out what the fucccck RIP GURU
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "My only crime, was that I'm too damn kind
    And now some skanless ? wanna take what's mine
    But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
    And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes"

solar can write bs letters and turn away guru's family but he can never stop the messages in guru's songs rip guru
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gtfooo no way he wrote that ? prem damm thats nor right at all smfh solar is truely shady
  • Mr.Wezzinton
    Mr.Wezzinton Members Posts: 182
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Solar had power of attourney and all this other ? , its obvious to me that he wrote that. Guru was probably unconsious the whole time before he died. Wasn't he in a coma?

he had come out of that coma and was EXSPECT to make a FULL recovery but that was a lie
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Thank you what the ? is wrong with this dude he going too get it though and see we shouldn't even be disscusing this ? but that cat foul.

And I heard he had Power of Attorney over Guru...I know I shouldn't be discussing this but from the beginning on one of my threads I said this
    "If Guru would die, it would be all on Solar! He's playing with someone's life here"
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Somebody need to check that death certificate and see what the true cause of Guru's death was.
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sad day indeed. Life towards the end was bizarre, but all of his true fans as he knows it is playing Gang Starr. Shame how this went down. Play In Memory Of and Eulogy for him today and forever.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ayo i aint tryin to act like i was a huge fan or nothin but this ? cant b right...

even just blaze and questlove question that ? ...

i mean how dis ? go from heart attack to coma to cancer....GOT DAYUM!!!...
  • The Nimble Guru
    The Nimble Guru Members Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Rest in peace

One of the giants
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Today HeadQCourterz has a another friend in heaven.
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn. ? just threw off my entire day.....

R.I.P. Guru
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i was hoping he would pull through rip to him. On another note I heard he hated Primo.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Somebody need to check that death certificate and see what the true cause of Guru's death was.

Yeah, someone on my job just said the same thing. Was it cancer or was it something else...

Getwitcha