Explorer: 25 Years

Options
2»

Comments

• junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    True but you have already seen me. Thats not fair ..............no?

got damn. check mate

• hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How long have you been into it?

Around 8 years or so.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Around 8 years or so.

Ok, can you share a few things abt it as far whorship and principle wise?
  • hummingbird
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok, can you share a few things abt it as far whorship and principle wise?

sure, just ask and i'll tell you what I know. lol.

As far as worship, I have an alter to Bastet (Bast) and I have a daily rite that I do (most days but not all) and you go before your alter and pray or chant or sing or meditate.

i'll post the principles most commonly known.
  • hummingbird
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not every temple/sect has the same wording for principles, but it all really boils down to 1, 8, and 15.

1. In the beginning, the One, Netjer, created a universe of greatness, abundance, and multiplicity.
    2. The Universe consists of forces, energies, and beings in a complex matrix of interconnected and interdependent systems.
    3. The Universe is self-regulating by virtue of a force or power within it, which provides feedback in order to restore its perfect ordering, justice, and balance.
    4. Netjer, through other divine beings called netjer (singular) or netjeru (plural), seeks a loving and mutual relationship with each of us, and guides us in the ways of Ma’at.
    5. Our ancestors, the akhu, continues to influence us as individuals and as a culture.
    6. The human person is an integral part of this interconnected whole and his or her active collaboration with Ma’at is required to maintain this perfect order, balance, and justice.
    7. No one is born knowing how to do Ma’at. Education is needed and everyone can learn. Education happens through participation in a community.
    8. All our words and actions affect everyone and everything, immediately.
    9. Thus, our faith advances an ethic of total responsibility.
    10. As one has greater authority within the community, he or she simultaneously has greater accountability to the community.
    11. Truth and reality exist. Yet no one picture of reality or truth can ever encompass the richness and depth of that reality.
    12. There are always unlimited options. There are always other ways to achieve anything and to approach any situation. \
    13. To enhance Ma’at in our personal and social lives requires constant effort in both living well each day and regular ritual actions in which human persons honor, serve, and worship Netjer and participate in creation through praise, offerings, and heka.
    14. Each member of our Temple and our human community is essential to the whole and to the daily renewal of creation through living well and prayer. For some this is to serve Netjer, Its Temple and Its world as priests. These people have the greatest responsibility and accountability through ritual, living lives of ministerial service to others and to creation, and modeling a life lived ethically and well.
    15. Life is valued above all else. Proper worship should result in living a full and meaningful life in all aspects and to increasing the possibilities of such a life for others.
  • nuri
    nuri Members Posts: 457
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol I left off part I ment to ask was he Kemetic or Muslim.

Inshallah is used as a greeting/departure and saying in Kemet also
    I was raised in the NOI when I was younger, but I no longer consider myself a Muslim.