The Dark Knight Rises was flippin trash, b

13»

Comments

• CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    There's an industry rumor floating around that Joseph Gordon Levitt is in final negotiations to play the new batman in the justice league movie. If this happens to be true, I think it'll be a good start for the franchise. After watching the Dark Knight rises months ago and first hearing of Justice League talks, I was actually thinking that the best way to set up this franchise with a new batman would be to put Gordon in it, that way it can capitalize on the success of the dark knight trilogy. I know some might not like this, but I think I think it's a good way to handle things.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Sour wrote: »
    "Aye ? , yo back protruding, lemme fix that ? b, nh"

How that frail ass indian ? fix bats back with one punch, FOH b.

Lololol Aye Bruh I know youre in a deep ass cave but you still gets basic cable.

Funniest ? I've read in a long time lmao
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The movies was good but the fight choreography was ass cheecks
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Movie was not garbage by any means.

The 3 parts that bugged me the most:

Talia having a 10 min monologue it seemed with a knife in Batman, while he just sits there and listens

As others have mentioned, the horrible fighting sequences. Not talking about Bane/Batman specifically, but every fight scene. Seemed too fake.

The scene where he jumps without the rope and makes it, he jumps from a stand still and jumps higher/farther than he did when he ran.

7.5-8/10.

Only seen it once. Will check for it once it hits Blu-Ray in a couple weeks.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I must be the only ? alive that actually liked the plot twist lol. If you're gonna close the circle w/ Ra's role in the trilogy you have to include Talia somehow. Playing the cut and then shiv'n Bats when he least suspect is just classic Talia Al Ghul.
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    The scene where he jumps without the rope and makes it, he jumps from a stand still and jumps higher/farther than he did when he ran.

They did a terrible job depicting the distance of that ledge. I mean they made it look like some basic Double Dare ? lol.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    copped the steelbook blu-ray today. can't wait to blaze up and watch this ? in the comfort of my own home.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amotekun wrote: »
    it had plotholes and the acting was subpar from half the cast. But it was still the best time I had in the movies this year.

Fuuuuuuck. That. Avengers was the ? .

6/10
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    Avengers was a movie.
    TDKR was a film.

Seriously what does this mean? Cause I can say TDKR was a movie and Godfather 2 is a film. Avengers is much more entertaining to watch.

• requiem v2.0
    requiem v2.0 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Can't agree with this thread. When I first watched it, I thought it was sick, sure a few eh moments. The more I thought about it the more I realized that this is still a comic book movie. Sure it seems impossible for him to heal up in five months from a broken back. But that wasn't what those scenes were about. A few pushups and situps weren't what got him out and it wasn't what helped him beat Bane. It was seeing his city destroyed and him being so close to losing it all, that he just pulled it together and said "No, I'm not going to die here." Went up without the rope like it's do or die time. Hence, rises.

As for the fights, like someone else said, the first one, he was supposed to be physically dominated by Bane. That's why he got the ? kicked out of him. Also, this Batman doesn't have as many weapons as the one in the comics. He has throwing stars, and the smoke bombs. None of which would have helped him against Bane.

Miranda may not have been necessary, but I don't feel her presence took away from Bane's character. If anything it makes him less of a heartless monster and more of a person. His death was anti-climatic I agree, but it took a shot from the Batpod to put him down. Those shots were the same that took out Tumblers. So think on that.

This is the best comic book trilogy ever. I don't know of any other that is even close to this level of completeness. Spider-Man, Superman, X-Men, Blade none are touching this.

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    Avengers was a movie.
    TDKR was a film.

Was this suppose to be deep?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plot twist threw me off though, i kinda felt dumb as hell for forgetting about talia tho, bane motive to do what he was doin was bs i knew there was a higher up