NINTENDO KEEPS INNOVATING IT, MOCROSOFT & SONY KEEP ON TAKING IT, THEIR FAN BOYS KEEP FAKING IT!

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in IllGaming
Is it just me or does anybody else notice that microsoft and sony seem to wait for nintendo to make a move before they make one?

Like they wait in the shadows and see if whatever nintendo comes up with pops off. They don't even go into full development until nintendo shows their hand every time. Then they rip it off and make better versions or make improvements to whatever it is lol. Microsoft and sony aren't innovative at all. The only thing they brought to the game is achievements and that really aint ? . Only thing they bring that's innovative is things that have nothing to do with gaming. This is why I laugh at microsoft and sony fan boys when they try to clown the triple OG nintendo. Everything they praise(gaming wise) on their systems they bit from nintendo. 1st they laugh at it/say it's wack, they favorite system copies it, and then it's praised lol.

analog sticks
hand held system
Smaller sleek systems
rumble pack (rumble feature/duel shock)
four player slots
backwards capability
nintendo wi-fi connection (P.S.N/XBOX LIVE)
New initiative fighter: SUPER SMASH BROTHERS (PLAYSTATION ALL STARS)
wireless controllers
motion sensor tech (connect/playstation move)
company mascots
wii sports/resort (can't remember the names of the clones for this)
Touch screen controller (smart glass)
the Modern D-Pad
LCD gaming
Video Game Quality testing
the Piracy Lockout chip
Battery Backup
making the first system with composite AV output
The first handheld console with 2 main display screens
3D tech that doesn't require 3D glasses (cloning...............)
wii U future innovative creations (cloning pending...............)

I'm missing a few more(feel free to add) but y'all get the point.
^I wish we still had auto play on this site cause I would have had this ? automatucally come on as soon as you entered the thread^

Comments

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That's one soul on the grill.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    For all the innovations Nintendo admittedly has given us, when did it stop becoming a real gaming console? Why did they have to sacrifice that aspect of gaming? They could have done that and kept innovation and satisfied the hard core gamer but it "re-pussified" itself.. just don't get the PG approach.

It was all good not too long ago, but it first started showing signs of going down south; when, it became a transvestite dressed in purple...
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you telling me you a gamer and your console of choice is Nintendo.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    So you telling me you a gamer and your console of choice is Nintendo.
    This ain't the mid 90s anymore. If you're older than 12 and choose nintendo its an L
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? has just a Nintendo system...Nintendo plus a Playstation is GOAT
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited November 2012
    Options
    analog sticks - Atari 5200 had these in 1982.

hand held system - Milton Bradley Microvision, the first handheld with Interchangeable games, 1979

Smaller sleek systems - Atari 2600 Jr? Intellivision 2?

rumble pack (rumble feature/duel shock) - They was putting force feedback in PC Flight joysticks back when Nintendo was on the NES.

four player slots - Bally Astrocade did this in 1977

backwards capability - Atari 5200: 7800 had the 2600 BC built in
    nintendo wi-fi connection (P.S.N/XBOX LIVE) - Um bruh Xbox Live was out nearly 3 years before Nintendo came out with Wi-Fi Connection on DS, and the PS2 had an online service in Japan called "Broadband Browser"...And if you wanna Elaborate on that, Gameline let you D/L games to the Atari 2600 in 1982, XBand on the Super NES and Genesis let you play online AND Sega Channel let you do damn near everything you can do on Xbox Live in 1994, and I was posting scores and surfing the net on my Game.Com and playing Sega Rally online on the Saturn in 1997.

New initiative fighter: SUPER SMASH BROTHERS (PLAYSTATION ALL STARS) - I'll give 'em that one.....BUT If you wanna be Technical about it Marvel VS Capcom did the mascot mashup fighter a whole year before Smash dropped on the N64.

wireless controllers - Atari 2600 had wireless controllers.

motion sensor tech (connect/playstation move) - Xavix Port was the first system to be completely based around motion sensor technology and it came out in 2004...Plus Sony's Eyetoy predates the Wii by 3 years...

company mascots - Namco was pimping Pac-Man out when Mario's name was still "Jump Man".

wii sports/resort (can't remember the names of the clones for this) - Again, Xavix did Wii Sports back in '04

Touch screen controller (smart glass) - You could actually do this ? with an app called "My Xbox Live" BEFORE they announced Wii U OR Smartglass.......BUT I'll Let Nintendo have this one too.

3D tech that doesn't require 3D glasses (cloning...............) - Mobile Phones in japan did this ? WAAAAY before Nintendo thought about using the tech in a handheld....that's probably why the tech exists.

I LOVE me some Nintendo, but really most of your declarations of Nintendo's innovation are simply not-truths bruh....What they DID do however is perfect a lot of someone else's ideas.

Try a harder difficulty level next time.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS POST IS REACHING LIKE A ? . THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CO SIGNED THIS ARE 90'S BABIES AND FAN BOYS/GIRLS OF MICROSOFT AND SONY. All your co signs etc etc are invalid as ? .

The nintendo wi-fi connection is not just "online" like you thought it was. It's the whole "online lounge type of thing". You know, avatars, the nintendo channel etc etc. yeah nintendo started that and then x box copied it. I remember when Microsoft announced the rehashed x box live and bit nintendo's approach and added more ? .Then sony did the same thing right after microsoft(like they usually do).

lol at you bringing up ? on the P.C like that's a gaming counsel. Also other platforms nobody ever heard about that failed lol!!!

joysticks are analog sticks now?

phones in japan..............phones my ? !!!!!!!!!

Namco makes gaming systems??..............I thought they were a video game company?

Comparing marvel vs capcom type of fighting game to a smash brothers type of brand new fighting game/engine/ genre.......
    cmon_son.jpg

I don't even have to break down the rest of your ? /gooogling post lol. Why didn't you speak on how microsft and sony wait to see what nintendo does all the time before they make a move? If nintento is sooo inferior to microsoft and sony like some folks here say. Then why do they bite off it so much? Why don't they come up with they own ? ?

I give you more credit than these other cats though, at least you tried lol. As for the rest of the souls in here

a06c.gif
    2w7odjt.gif
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No ? has just a Nintendo system...Nintendo plus a XBOX 360 is GOAT
    LOL exactly, cats outchea letting they feelings leak out. The fan boyism is through the roof and is so obvious with some of these cats.
    how about they innovate some decent third party support
    This is the only valid argument about nintendo. I'm talking bout all that other extra ? that's constantly dropped on here lol.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

hand held system - Milton Bradley Microvision, the first handheld with Interchangeable games, 1979

rumble pack (rumble feature/duel shock) - They was putting force feedback in PC Flight joysticks back when Nintendo was on the NES.

nintendo wi-fi connection (P.S.N/XBOX LIVE) - Um bruh Xbox Live was out nearly 3 years before Nintendo came out with Wi-Fi Connection on DS, and the PS2 had an online service in Japan called "Broadband Browser"...And if you wanna Elaborate on that, Gameline let you D/L games to the Atari 2600 in 1982, XBand on the Super NES and Genesis let you play online AND Sega Channel let you do damn near everything you can do on Xbox Live in 1994, and I was posting scores and surfing the net on my Game.Com and playing Sega Rally online on the Saturn in 1997.

New initiative fighter: SUPER SMASH BROTHERS (PLAYSTATION ALL STARS) - I'll give 'em that one.....BUT If you wanna be Technical about it Marvel VS Capcom did the mascot mashup fighter a whole year before Smash dropped on the N64.

motion sensor tech (connect/playstation move) - Xavix Port was the first system to be completely based around motion sensor technology and it came out in 2004...Plus Sony's Eyetoy predates the Wii by 3 years...

company mascots - Namco was pimping Pac-Man out when Mario's name was still "Jump Man".

wii sports/resort (can't remember the names of the clones for this) - Again, Xavix did Wii Sports back in '04

Touch screen controller (smart glass) - You could actually do this ? with an app called "My Xbox Live" BEFORE they announced Wii U OR Smartglass.......BUT I'll Let Nintendo have this one too.

3D tech that doesn't require 3D glasses (cloning...............) - Mobile Phones in japan did this ? WAAAAY before Nintendo thought about using the tech in a handheld....that's probably why the tech exists.

I LOVE me some Nintendo, but really most of your declarations of Nintendo's innovation are simply not-truths bruh....What they DID do however is perfect a lot of someone else's ideas.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS POST IS REACHING LIKE A ? . THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CO SIGNED THIS ARE 90'S BABIES AND FAN BOYS/GIRLS OF MICROSOFT AND SONY. All your co signs etc etc are invalid as ? .

The nintendo wi-fi connection is not just "online" like you thought it was. It's the whole "online lounge type of thing". You know, avatars, the nintendo channel etc etc. yeah nintendo started that and then x box copied it. I remember when Microsoft announced the rehashed x box live and bit nintendo's approach and added more ? .Then sony did the same thing right after microsoft(like they usually do).

lol at you bringing up ? on the P.C like that's a gaming counsel. Also other platforms nobody ever heard about that failed lol!!!

Namco makes gaming systems??..............I thought they were a video game company?

Comparing marvel vs capcom type of fighting game to a smash brothers type of brand new fighting game/engine/ genre.......
    cmon_son.jpg

I don't even have to break down the rest of your ? /gooogling post lol. Why didn't you speak on how microsft and sony wait to see what nintendo does all the time before they make a move? If nintento is sooo inferior to microsoft and sony like some folks here say. Then why do they bite off it so much? Why don't they come up with they own ? ?

I give you more credit than these other cats though, at least you tried lol. As for the rest of the souls in here

a06c.gif
    2w7odjt.gif

Facts apparently intimidate.

I wish I googled this ? , then I wouldn't have to admit what a giant ? nerd/just how old I am.

First off, I like Nintendo. Me and Focus is THE Nintendo stans of this Arcade ? . But the simple fact of the matter is
    nearly everything you said Nintendo INNOVATED, they didn't.

BUT: Here we go again:

he nintendo wi-fi connection is not just "online" like you thought it was. It's the whole "online lounge type of thing". You know, avatars, the nintendo channel etc etc. yeah nintendo started that and then x box copied it. I remember when Microsoft announced the rehashed x box live and bit nintendo's approach and added more ? .Then sony did the same thing right after microsoft(like they usually do). - You said Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection like it was the first online service ever, and again if you wanna be Technical about it....Second Life dropped in 2003.

lol at you bringing up ? on the P.C like that's a gaming counsel. Also other platforms nobody ever heard about that failed lol!!! - You can play games on a PC. As a matter of fact they make PC's just for it.

joysticks are analog sticks now? - You don't know what an analog joystick is obviously. D-Pad: 8 way input...analog stick...360 degree input....the 5200 had ANALOG STICKS ?

phones in japan..............phones my ? !!!!!!!!! - You implied Nintendo invented the tech...? been playing GAMES on 3D Mobile phones in Japan for years...

Namco makes gaming systems??..............I thought they were a video game company? - You implied that Nintendo was the first gaming company to ? a mascot......You didn't specify console manufacturers or not..But again if you wanna get TECHNICAL about it, Bandai Had the Video Challenger, Playdia, Wonderswan, and Pippin....And Namco and Bandai merged...sooooo That technically makes Namco a gaming system company too

Comparing marvel vs capcom type of fighting game to a smash brothers type of brand new fighting game/engine/ genre....... - I gave em that one more or less

Anyway, I can understand you being mad cause I ethered your whole thread with fact, But c'mon bruh, you GOT to be under 20.

All your Threads are belong To Me.

• PILL_COSBY
    Options

cmon_son.jpg

a06c.gif
    2w7odjt.gif

I wish I googled this ? , then I wouldn't have to admit what a giant ? nerd/just how old I am.

First off, I like Nintendo. Me and Focus is THE Nintendo stans of this Arcade ? . But the simple fact of the matter is
    nearly everything you said Nintendo INNOVATED, they didn't.

BUT: Here we go again:

he nintendo wi-fi connection is not just "online" like you thought it was. It's the whole "online lounge type of thing". You know, avatars, the nintendo channel etc etc. yeah nintendo started that and then x box copied it. I remember when Microsoft announced the rehashed x box live and bit nintendo's approach and added more ? .Then sony did the same thing right after microsoft(like they usually do). - You said Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection like it was the first online service ever, and again if you wanna be Technical about it....Second Life dropped in 2003.

lol at you bringing up ? on the P.C like that's a gaming counsel. Also other platforms nobody ever heard about that failed lol!!! - You can play games on a PC. As a matter of fact they make PC's just for it.

joysticks are analog sticks now? - You don't know what an analog joystick is obviously. D-Pad: 8 way input...analog stick...360 degree input....the 5200 had ANALOG STICKS ?

phones in japan..............phones my ? !!!!!!!!! - You implied Nintendo invented the tech...? been playing GAMES on 3D Mobile phones for years...

Namco makes gaming systems??..............I thought they were a video game company? - You implied that Nintendo was the first gaming company to ? a mascot......You didn't specify console manufacturers or not

Comparing marvel vs capcom type of fighting game to a smash brothers type of brand new fighting game/engine/ genre....... - I gave em that one more or less

Anyway, I can understand you being mad cause I ethered your whole thread with fact, But c'mon bruh, you GOT to be under 20.
    lol another reach!!! just admit you wrong bruh. You jumped out there and now you looking flabby and sick. This whole post is grasping for straws and you know it. You using the female logic approach. The bold was the most obvious reach to redeem yourself lol did you not read the title of this thread? No need to even break down the rest of your "reaching".
    1129824_o.gif

• blackkevblazini
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You keep saying you not even gonna bother with breaking down the rest of my reaching, but the fact is, you CANT cause it ain't reaching. C'mon BRUH!

I ended your whole Arcade career now you acting like a typical fanboy in denial.
  • blackkevblazini
    Options
    Look, how bout you Put down that Wii Remote and that copy of Imagine Babyz Party, brush up on your video game history, and make a list of ? Nintendo actually did innovate, like the Modern D-Pad....or LCD gaming....Video Game Quality testing, the Piracy Lockout chip....Battery Backup, making the first system with composite AV output,The first handheld console with 2 main display screens, I mean it's a lot more ? you coulda said than all them GOT DAMN LIES you posted, I even just helped you with a couple.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    the Modern D-Pad....or LCD gaming....Video Game Quality testing, the Piracy Lockout chip....Battery Backup, making the first system with composite AV output,The first handheld console with 2 main display screens, I mean it's a lot more ? you coulda said
    Why thank you!! like I said in my original post I had left some off because I couldn't think of them right then. That's why I said "FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE"

Bout to add these to the list. There are some more that I was thinking of but forgot them when making this thread. I will add them when I remember.

@Sion
    Has your soul left your body yet(no ? )?

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just wanna add my input.

I see where t/s is coming from. To a certain extent, he's right. Did Nintendo invent everything he mentioned...no. But to say that they HAVEN'T been innovators in the gaming industry, that gentlemen would be false.

Nintendo has been around for over 20+ years. What gaming company you know has been around that long, and is STILL going? Look at all the game consoles that has come and went. 3DO...gone. Sega CD...gone. Turbografx 16...gone. Sega Saturn and Dreamcast...gone. All those consoles were ahead of their time. Something I still find amazing. Each one threatened Nintendo's existence. Yet the company is still here.

What company you know has enough cash to where they can take a big loss, and it would only be considered a paper cut? Now do they suck at bringing in 3rd party gaming support? HELL YES! That's been one of my biggest gripes with this company. If they had that, plus better graphics, the wii would've slaughtered Xbox360, and smashed the PS3. Hell I got both the Wii and PS3.

But lets not pretend Sony and Microsoft didn't piggyback off Nintendo's ideas. C'mon fellas. Stan or not, you gotta give Nintendo their props. They've been around this long. So obviously they've been doin something right all these years despite some of their missteps along the way.

Sony just recently hit the 75 million mark when it comes to units sold. Nintendo, about 100 million. So what does that tell you? Explain how a company can sell about 100 million units with barely no real 3rd party game support? Give Nintendo their props fellas. B/c their legacy in the gaming industry eclipses any negative thing folks say about them.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited November 2012
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

I see where t/s is coming from. To a certain extent, he's right. Did Nintendo invent everything he mentioned...no. But to say that they HAVEN'T been innovators in the gaming industry, that gentlemen would be false.

Nintendo has been around for over 20+ years. What gaming company you know has been around that long, and is STILL going? Look at all the game consoles that has come and went. 3DO...gone. Sega CD...gone. Turbografx 16...gone. Sega Saturn and Dreamcast...gone. All those consoles were ahead of their time. Something I still find amazing. Each one threatened Nintendo's existence. Yet the company is still here.

What company you know has enough cash to where they can take a big loss, and it would only be considered a paper cut? Now do they suck at bringing in 3rd party gaming support? HELL YES! That's been one of my biggest gripes with this company. If they had that, plus better graphics, the wii would've slaughtered Xbox360, and smashed the PS3. Hell I got both the Wii and PS3.

But lets not pretend Sony and Microsoft didn't piggyback off Nintendo's ideas. C'mon fellas. Stan or not, you gotta give Nintendo their props. They've been around this long. So obviously they've been doin something right all these years despite some of their missteps along the way.

Sony just recently hit the 75 million mark when it comes to units sold. Nintendo, about 100 million. So what does that tell you? Explain how a company can sell about 100 million units with barely no real 3rd party game support? Give Nintendo their props fellas. B/c their legacy in the gaming industry eclipses any negative thing folks say about them.
    This is basically all I was saying. You peeped how ? donged the main focus of my post? ? wait in the shadows to see if nintendo's ideas pop and then they bite. They wait till nintendo drops and exposes their full final product and then they copy and improve/go a bit beyond. Rinse, wash and repeat. I bet if nintendo didn't drop they new system sony and microsoft wouldn't even be talking about their next gen systems right now. Just watch, the wii U just dropped. I bet sony and microsoft are gonna start reviling ? come this February. I grantee you they are gonna bite some ? from the wii U. Lol at ? trying to front like they haven't noticed this ? , KEEP IT 3 HUNNA!!!

? would be so much more interesting if people paved they own lane like nintendo. ? was dope around the nintendo, sega, and ps1 era. After PS1 sony just said "? it! lets wait and see what nintendo is gonna do" lol. Now at days being a fan boy is lame as ? and pointless. They wait for one to do something out of left field and then they copy, beef it up and slap a new label on it. ? aint interesting anymore, all people are anticipating out of sony and microsoft new systems is beefed up graphics SMH. This is because this is all they bring to the table.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you really want to be technical, Nintendo been around over 100 years. Gaming wise, 35 years.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

If you really want to be technical, Nintendo been around over 100 years. Gaming wise, 35 years.

sad how few people know this. Nintendo was actually making card games and japanese whorehouses long before they made games.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My WII got 12 layers of dust covering it.....

Innovators or not, ? still wack...
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? said the PC aint a gaming system.. im done....

You do realize that consoles are nothing but computers rght?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Sion. wrote: »
    I just want to add, yo Nintendo is dope. As for the people who clown it saying it's a kid's console and never caters to older gamers... I think the problem is that Nintendo has ALWAYS been that way it's just ? grew up. Even back in the 80s and 90s there weren't games other than perhaps Mortal Kombat, Contra and Killer Instinct that catered to an older demographic.

I really don't care tho, man I just like playing the games b/c it's fun, just that simple. I care nothing for the console wars, fanboy talk, ? I don't have time for that. I have all 3 consoles for diff't games but you know what ? Sony & MS don't make Mario 3, Legend of Zelda, Metroid or games that helped define childhood for me so I opt for the Wii. I ? with Nintendo so much that I decided to buy stock in it (wish I had caught MSFT during the recession tho :( I can't believe I missed that one SMMFH). They may not be perfect but what is that to me ? I just want to play the games on a weekend and drift back to childhood.
    Awww, isn't that cute? You want to be a kid again...ol' Michael Jackson ass ? lol.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't give a duck less when their games wack
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? auto correct
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Rant aside. The Xbox and ps3 are just better consoles.

Bruh, to even put Xbox in the "better consoles" category is just wrong. Red ring of death azzz console. Only 2 games I like is Gears of War, and Left 4 Dead (one of THE best zombie games ever imo). Dead Island is trash. I don't understand the hype.

But 7 made a good point tho. It was dope durin the whole Nintendo, Sega, and PS1 era. All 3 had their own individual ideas. You really couldn't compare the 3. Along the way tho, Sony did decide to play the background roll and just see what Nintendo would come up wit, and reacted to that.

And the whole "Nintendo is just for kids" argument is ridiculous. Like Sion said, Nintendo has always been that way. Now I will admit, another one of my biggest gripes with them has been the fact that they didn't "grow up." Not sayin they should stop makin the games folks deemed "kiddie." B/c a lot of those games are fun as hell (Wii bowling ftw the win ? ). I do think they need to start (or have started to) make more "adult" like games cuz that's where gaming is at now. Kids haven't been the only ones playing video games for the longest.