Where were you when this generation started?

Options
ocelot
ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in IllGaming
And where are you now.

Jacked from another site but I want to hear from my fellow brethrens.

With next gen coming right around the corner I will be making different threads about the history of this generation... It's been 7 years since the Xbox 360 has hit the scene, 6 for PS3 and Wii...
We been through Gears of War, Uncharted, and many other new series

Do you feel like times where better? Have you changed from 05?

Me...
I was a Senior when the 360 game out... I just came back from staying with my grandmother in Florida and I lost 60lbs so a ? confidence was at a all time high... That was when Chop and Screw was running hip hop and Game said ? GUnit... I remember seeing the MGS trailer and I damn near cried... I didn't know what I wanted to do so I decided to join the Air Force but first I had to graduate...lol
I decided to skip the 360 and buy the PS3 and I haven't looked back.

Now
Im 5 years in the military and working on my degree... I'm making good money and I don't have a wife or kid( thanks to blak)...

Comments

• theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was a senior in hs when the 360 launched and I was looking at the gears of war trailer and thinking damn ? just got real. Due to hs life, homework, lack of interest in gaming at the time I skipped out on the 360 and decided to wait for ps3. Got it that following year while at school and the session we would have on Def Jam were mutherfucking epic. Then COD4 hit and it was a rap.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You all is some young folk. lol

I was a grown ass working man when the 360 came out.

I had actually stopped gaming at the time, but happened to glace on G4 one day and saw them showing ? of War and was like, "this is what gaming is like now". Went out, bought it and dusted off the PS2. Got back into gaming then, bought a few other games and haven't looked back since. One day saw the commercial for Gears of War and was sold. I ordered a 360 and GoW within minutes. Greatest videogame commercial EVER!! That song ......... that song
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    You all is some young folk. lol

I was a grown ass working man when the 360 came out.

I had actually stopped gaming at the time, but happened to glace on G4 one day and saw them showing ? of War and was like, "this is what gaming is like now". Went out, bought it and dusted off the PS2. Got back into gaming then, bought a few other games and haven't looked back since. One day saw the commercial for Gears of War and was sold. I ordered a 360 and GoW within minutes. Greatest videogame commercial EVER!! That song ......... that song

Goat commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think I was in middle school when it happened.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i had been out of college for about 2 years. i started a new job and i bought a ps3 and my first hd tv with my first paycheck. Resistance and Uncharted was what convinced me.

now, i think i have more ps3 games than i did ps2. i dont play as much as id like to, with a wife and a child on the way (plus the fact I read more books than i ever have in my life) but PS+ keeps my collection fun. Im thinking of getting back into handhelds with a Vita and my nexus 7. I'm losing interest in games with long convoluted worlds and concepts, and im more into games that I can enjoy in short bursts, especially fighting games.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah that GoW commercial was amazing. Mad World is a classic song too
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freshman in high school
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    Options
    Just finished college and my second day working at Fry's Electronics was the day the 360 dropped.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think i was a freshman in highschool. Didnt cop a 360 till i was 19, parents made me get it myself those no good old ?
  • Kid Dynasty
    Kid Dynasty Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah I was home but working a BS job at the time and waiting for the PS3 to finally launch. Could not find one as they were sold out and finally got one in 2007 with Drake's Fortune and was impressed.