what happen to g-unit

Options

Comments

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause he burned too many bridges. How you go to war with Nas, Jada, Fat Joe, Ja Shyne, Joe Budden (lol), members of the Wu, and still expect to have street cred? LMAO Then he went after Cam, who was as unstable and provided the GOAT comedy song "Curtis." That made him to a joke, Yeezy just ? on his sales gimmick, and then Wayne just ignored him.

He fell off, simple as that.
  • Demarco27
    Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The brand fell off due to burned bridges. U can tell by how many butt-hurt haters are in this thread. He beefed with alot of ? 's fav rappers and u know fans can't like more than one rapper at a time. So for that people started resenting 50, the same way people watch Mayweather fight to see him lose.

Banks, lyrically ? on UR fav rapper bar for bar. 50 still makes hot music. ? just hate 50 (except for his fans, me being one of em) for ? the game.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Demarco27 wrote: »
    The brand fell off due to burned bridges. U can tell by how many butt-hurt haters are in this thread. He beefed with alot of ? 's fav rappers and u know fans can't like more than one rapper at a time. So for that people started resenting 50, the same way people watch Mayweather fight to see him lose.

Banks, lyrically ? on UR fav rapper bar for bar. 50 still makes hot music. ? just hate 50 (except for his fans, me being one of em) for ? the game.

Banks is overrated and one dimensional and 50 Cent has put out a good project in years
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a ? ?..

? G-Unit..
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Cause he burned too many bridges. How you go to war with Nas, Jada, Fat Joe, Ja Shyne, Joe Budden (lol), members of the Wu, and still expect to have street cred? .

this ? gotta be like 13 years old
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Cause he burned too many bridges. How you go to war with Nas, Jada, Fat Joe, Ja Shyne, Joe Budden (lol), members of the Wu, and still expect to have street cred? .

this ? gotta be like 13 years old

street cred been dead. Only matters to his stans. G-Unit's fame can be described as a boy bands lifespan: hot for a few years, but fell off something fast.
  • Demarco27
    Options

Banks is overrated and one dimensional and 50 Cent has put out a good project in years

Overrated how? And before u answer... name the last Banks mixtape you've listened to in full. He's gotten on tracks with legends and smashed them. See Banks isnt a dickrider like most rappes are today, thats why he aint poppin mainstream. He still wanna rhyme ike the ? he grew up on...and i dont see why or how people hate him for that.
    U ? want him to rap like Meek mill, Ross or French aka just jump on watevers hot for the moment and dickride it unitl it aint hot??

and lol @whoever said "street cred". That term is for certified lames.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Overrated how? And before u answer... name the last Banks mixtape you've listened to in full. He's gotten on tracks with legends and smashed them. See Banks isnt a dickrider like most rappes are today, thats why he aint poppin mainstream. He still wanna rhyme ike the ? he grew up on...and i dont see why or how people hate him for that.
    U ? want him to rap like Meek mill, Ross or French aka just jump on watevers hot for the moment and dickride it unitl it aint hot??

The last mixtape i listened to by him was Cold Corner 2, and i still stand by my statement that he is overrated and one dimensional. Sorry if that upsets you. I wanna know what "legends" he "smashed" on records and Styles P is not a legend btw

You are a die hard g unit fan so this will prolly go no where
  • Demarco27
    Options

The last mixtape i listened to by him was Cold Corner 2, and i still stand by my statement that he is overrated and one dimensional. Sorry if that upsets you. I wanna know what "legends" he "smashed" on records and Styles P is not a legend btw

I make no bones about being a fan. Some ? on here are still fans of Ja Rule, but wanna say theUnit fell off?? Lmao...ok. I still respect differing opinions tho.

I just think Banks gets undeserved hate and as a fani understand what direction he's going musically.

Why do u feel he's one dimensional tho? He can make alotta different records. and lol @ u saying Styles, cuz thats exactly who i was thinkin of.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

I make no bones about being a fan. Some ? on here are still fans of Ja Rule, but wanna say theUnit fell off?? Lmao...ok. I still respect differing opinions tho.

I just think Banks gets undeserved hate and as a fani understand what direction he's going musically.

Why do u feel he's one dimensional tho? He can make alotta different records. and lol @ u saying Styles, cuz thats exactly who i was thinkin of.

idk, 75% of the time when i listen to Lloyd banks i'm just bored
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Demarco27
    @Buttah_B
    @ReppinTime
    @Riddlerap

Y'all going just ignore this guy's objective point on Banks???

LMAO

Great post.

• DMTxTHC
    edited November 2012
    Options
    G-Unit went from Banks, Yayo, Buck and Fif to Pauly D, Kidd Kidd and Sharpie Lo and Fif.

LOL WTF
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yayo and banks are back to where they would of always been if it wasn't for 50 , making mixtapes
  • NikeAirMax
    NikeAirMax Members Posts: 510 ✭✭
    Options
    Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit ran Hip Hop from 2000-2008 as far as sales, awards, plaques, hits, tours, clothing lines, sneakers, movies, wordwide following, popularity

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening to Beg For Mercy the other day and forgot how good that album was. Buck was rapping circles around everyone
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    NikeAirMax wrote: »
    Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit ran Hip Hop from 2000-2008 as far as sales, awards, plaques, hits, tours, clothing lines, sneakers, movies, wordwide following, popularity

I ain't buy a pair of Air Max 95 sneakers in 2.5 years.. they was dark grey/light grey/purple/black/teal/white.. a ? had to get fresh for his family reunion b..
  • NikeAirMax
    Options
    Listening to Beg For Mercy the other day and forgot how good that album was. Buck was rapping circles around everyone

Yeah it's a great debut album had bangers on it from start to finish sold well over 3-4 million too
  • NikeAirMax
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    yayo and banks are back to where they would of always been if it wasn't for 50 , making mixtapes

Both got platinum plaques tho, hits, gold plaques and were apart of a top 5 G.O.A.T. Hip Hop group
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buck was not rapping circles around anyone on beg for mercy, that album was basically a banks show case, on one out shined anyone
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent is what happened to G-Unit, he was jealous of his own artists success and let his ego screw ? up.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    buck was not rapping circles around anyone on beg for mercy, that album was basically a banks show case, on one out shined anyone

Son, I literally skipped Banks verse after hearing his verses the first time thru after that.

It was skip city.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beg for mercy is a classic
  • Demarco27
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

@Demarco27
    @Buttah_B
    @ReppinTime
    @Riddlerap

Y'all going just ignore this guy's objective point on Banks???

LMAO

Great post.

LOL..? u just gonna ignore my breakdown of Bank's style and why he isnt for everyone? He wanna be Big,Rakim n Kool G Rap. Not Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa or any of these other goofy ass swag rappers.

IS what it is. Banks is nice. Who is a more "interesting" rapper to u?? @ohhla and @blackgerald
  • ohhhla
    Options
    @Demarco27

Hova
    B.I.G.
    Scarface
    Ghostface
    Cam
    Nas
    Lupe Fiasco
    Cormega
    AZ
    3 Stacks
    Big Boi
    Chamillionaire
    CL Smooth
    Jeru
    Reks
  • ohhhla
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @Demarco27

You're wrong about who Bank$ is trying to emulate.

"That's why I'm always around a biscuit mane/And I ain't going to speak your name/Cuz you lame and I'm mixed with Rakim, Rick & Kane, ? ." - If You Ain't Holdin.