Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale a MASSIVE FLOP

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats GLOBAL the first week. It didn't even chart in Europe and just barely in the U.S.

This game had a HUGE marketing campaign, but I just don't think Sony has the roster for this kind of game and people seemed to recognize it as a poor man's Smash Bros. I mean, how you flop with all your "biggest" characters in one game released during Black Friday week? This is like Sony's only exclusive of the season so there was no competition for Playstation dollars.

The game is also sitting at a 7.5 on Metacritic, which isn't terrible, but a very "meh" score for what was supposed to be a AAA PS3 exclusive.

So a critical and commercial flop, especially when compared to the other big games released recently.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150636&page=1
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41238/Global/

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. Whatd they expect tho, only character i prolly would have played as was parappa the rappa lol.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the appeal and watching vids on it make the game looks confusing so I'm going to pass

I wouldnt consider it a flop just yet since i've seen it being played on fighting game streams recently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • focus
    edited November 2012
    Sony responds to low launch-week sales for ‘Playstation All-Star Battle Royale’
    NOVEMBER 30, 2012
    BY: SHUI TA

Sony Computer Entertainment today responded to the low launch-week sales being reported for their multiplatform title, “Playstation All-Star Battle Royale.” The Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita video game was only the 38th best-selling software during its launch week in Europe. When asked about lagging sales for All-Stars, a representative told IGN that “Sales are right on target with expectations and we are happy with them.”

Wow. Those must have been some low, low, low expectations. SMH @ at having to do interviews about why yo game tanked though. I guess they gotta save face somehow, but that short, number-less statement not goin do it. LOL.

LOL @ New Super Mario Bros U selling more with only 400,000 Wii U consoles in the wild.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    rofl @ comparing nintendo's biggest franchise to a new ip that was not even marketed. how did nintendo land and zombie u sell? wait dont bother. all stars still got better reviews than the wii u console which is really sad for nintendo. the wii was better received than the wii u. its straight back to game cube status.why did not post about the wii u's controller and bricking problems focus? at least allstars work lol
  • focus
    edited December 2012
    Just for the sake of comparison, how much actual AAA games sold last week.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PS3) - 1,183,752 in its second week of release

Halo 4 (360) - 607,817 in its third week of release

Hitman: Absolution (PS3) - 501,081 in its launch week, so...same week as All-Flops. Crushed it on its own console

Assassin's Creed III (PS3) - 471,345 in its fourth week of release

New Super Mario Bros. U (WiiU) - 372,169 with 400,000 Wii U's sold. System seller.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) - 232,928 and that's 18 weeks later

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) - 221,609 in its third week and only released in Japan

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - 183,997 and 56 weeks later. Jesus.

...a few other games, then All-Flops. This is not a AAA game. LOL

Not to mention Super Smash Bros Brawl - 1.6 million first week (not including Japan).

• focus
    edited November 2012
    LMAOOOOOOO. Wait, i'm trippin...wasnt All-Flops on some "Buy One, Get One Free" ? with La'Vita or something too? And still? Flopped this hard? Damn. LOL. Epic fail.
  • focus
    edited December 2012
    Three week GLOBAL total: only 215,448

Damn.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus got bored still waiting for his mom to buy him a Wii u apparently, so he came back to post.
  • focus
    Focus got bored still waiting for his mom to buy him a Wii u apparently, so he came back to post.

no ? @ monitoring how long I take inbetween posts.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol 'monitoring'? When coonish threads hit the front page or are upped, I know who made them.
This discussion has been closed.