Video: Did Hot 97 end Nicki Minaj's career?

13»

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    The Realness: Nicki Minaj Calls Ebro after the Did Rosenberg end Nicki Minaj segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgvwH8Z8OI

smh @ her pullin the sexism card again...
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicki trollin' errbody
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't perform sell-out shows and tour if there isn't a demand for you as an artist or your work. Taking credit for a re-re release doing low numbers is like taking credit for a Greatest Hits album not going plat: more a sign of your own wackness than the artists'.

The only knocks people can make on her is that she sold less because of the Lady Gaga biting and how desperate she comes off for white acceptance. However, they're both riding Grace Jones ? in the first regard, so neither one of them is that original. Nicki just wanted to crossover so desperately that a lot of white folks quit ? with her this time around. White people can't stand minorities that openly want to be down with them. If she kept it eccentric rap instead of pushing for that Gaga lane, she probably would have did first album numbers.

She's officially that black chick that hangs with white sorority chicks hoping they'll invite her in, but they always got an excuse.
  • King45
    King45 Members Posts: 95
    The Nicki Minaj drama is like a circus now, especially the incident with Mariah.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adidas Money, American Idol Money, Touring

Moral of the story, I hope she's saving some

She's def talented but she's pop now, nothing wrong with that lane (get your money), just not my lane, she should avoid the drama though.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    tumblr_mdod7fGjvK1rltigxo1_r1_1280.jpg

lol @ the Fubu hat and the beeper on that junkyard.

I think Nikki got too big headed indeed for being such a talentless ? . Her "Freedom" track isn't too bad actually, but seems a little too late.

lol @ her going against Mariah Carey and others, Nikki shouldn't even be judging a talent show in the first place.

Plies went up against Jamie Foxx years ago and hasn't really been heard from since.

Plies was a joke and he was lucky he blew up in the era of Hip Hop when one hit wonders dominated the radio. If he tried to come up now, he be laughed @ to death.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    this ? done told hot 97 to quit playin her music too cause she's so butthurt over that rosenberg ? ...

? has deluded herself into thinkin she christ like

has-been status on deck
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rofl
    the irony
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did i diss your hero?

got somethin to say then say it

scared to type or type cause you scared ass ?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hot 97 is T.Rash

The only thing they've ever ended was hetero behavior

Hi mr. Cee

Anyway

Nicki and her team did it to themselves

They thought they could pull a Rihanna (one hit per album living off endorsements and controversy)

But nicki isn't half as interesting and her pop music is barely tolerable

*shrugs* maybe she'll do acting to survive

It's a wrap for music
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beefing with Mariah is bad enough (and dumb)

Then trying to beef with Steven Tyler?

WTF.....that dude is the reason why rap is even considered mainstreamed now cause he was the only rocker who had the guts to record with Run DMC when everybody look down on rap. You can trace the lineage of white fans (real money) all the way back to "Walk This Way" ....
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Worst case scenario Nicki will be a 500,000 artist with beacoup endorsements, Rozay seems to be doing fine with little to no endorsements. What yall ? thats saying she over is forgetting is Nicki occupies her own lane. She has no competition, there are no alternatives for consumers to go buy and very few alternatives for companies seeking advertisement to utilize. She will be around for a while my ? .
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot 97 still plays better music than other radio so *Shrugs*
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Again, these ? r corny as ? ... NY radio is for swaggots...

It's a Shame too because New York is suppose to be Hip Hop's Mecca and epicenter. Yet they have the WOAT radio station in terms of being tolerable. Nothing but butthurt bias hater payola host who's interviews skills are attrocious and segments are untakable from the ? I've heard. Rather hit serious radio up and ? wit Kay Slay. Atleast he's a real ? .
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »

It's a Shame too because New York is suppose to be Hip Hop's Mecca and epicenter. Yet they have the WOAT radio station in terms of being tolerable. Nothing but butthurt bias hater payola host who's interviews skills are attrocious and segments are untakable from the ? I've heard. Rather hit serious radio up and ? wit Kay Slay. Atleast he's a real ? .

You stating your opinion like its a fact. Stop it. All the radio stations play the same ? so iono what payola u talking about. And ny always gives the best interviews that's y u always see them shuts online.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arrrgghhhh i'm so tough on these internets
    i got a sweet avi and i'm all cool and i do blah blah blah blah
    shut up, geek ass ?
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bazooka wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »

You stating your opinion like its a fact. Stop it. All the radio stations play the same ? so iono what payola u talking about. And ny always gives the best interviews that's y u always see them shuts online.

My opinion? The ? with ? Flex and them only playing certain regional ? , slobbing 50 for a whole 10 minutes of interview time not even letting the artist answer questions without cuttin them off mid sentence, as well as dissing dead ? , and condoning faggery is well documented, what in the bubble ? are you talking about?