Injured RB Cedric Benson doubling as strip club DJ

Options
SleepwalkingInJapan
SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Packers running back Cedric Benson has had plenty of free time on his hands since injuring his right foot Oct. 7. And while he can't spin around defenders right now, he's decided to spin records at Texas strip clubs, according to a Deadspin report.

Benson, who uses the name "DJ World Peace," last appeared at The Madison in Austin on Nov. 11. He also provided the tracks at Yellow Rose in Austin on Nov. 6.

Given the way his teammates played Sunday in a 38-10 loss to the Giants, he may want to sign up for a few more DJ appearances.

Benson, who has one touchdown on 248 rushing yards this season could return to the Packers' lineup as early as next week, but also might need season-ending surgery. At least he has some solid work to fall back on.
original.png

Comments

• davidbrooks
    davidbrooks Members Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dj'ing what? Those dont even look like turntables, ? smaller than teacups. How is he scratching or doing anything dj related besides using the software to cue everything for him.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dj'ing what? Those dont even look like turntables, ? smaller than teacups. How is he scratching or doing anything dj related besides using the software to cue everything for him.

you might want to come into this century joe. these ? just throw on a itunes playlist they created earlier in the week. they don't ? with turntables and ? like that anymore. new breed of dj
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Metta would like a word or two with him

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its a strip club B, not the Tunnel.
  • davidbrooks
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

you might want to come into this century joe. these ? just throw on a itunes playlist they created earlier in the week. they don't ? with turntables and ? like that anymore. new breed of dj

I know exactly what you mean bruh, but these cats getting a pass at being called djs while completely disrespecting the craft. These ? can barely use the fader, volume or pitch knobs which is the basic of dj'ing but still get called djs.
    But like homie said, its just a strip club, he only needs to know how to click play. I cant knock him for finding people willing to pay him just to hit play.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    club goers really don't care, they just want something to dance to. I want to learn how to dj.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    club goers really don't care, they just want something to dance to. I want to learn how to dj.
    5818755w?$pd300$
    I betcha that is how he did it.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The DJ game is like the rap game. You dont need skills to succeed. Another reason why I miss the 90s. Only a people with skills can handle 2 turntables, a mixer and a crate of records. Now you got these so called "DJs" making pre-made mixes, throwing them on and frontin like they are mixing or putting it on autosync for the program to mix the BPMs for them. This doesnt apply to all DJs but in this day and age, majority of these new DJs are doing just that.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol this ? said turntables
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're not a DJ if you rely on Serato! And I'm not dissing Serato.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody dont have the funds to get some SL-1200's. So cant knock people for trying to go for the cheaper stuff.
    I think if you can play good music and keep the crowd goin then the rest shouldnt be an issue.

With that said, I saw a dude playin an Itunes playlist at a wedding. Dude was just sittin there eatin doritos collecting a paycheck. lolol. I def can see how people are turned off by todays DJ's, but I dont think just because you use Serato, or Virtual Dj, dosent mean you are not a real DJ. Ive seen some dudes put on some good shows using a 300 dollar numark controller connected to the laptop.

But lol @ that pic. You would think he could afford some bigger equipment to rock with considering hes an athlete. lol

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    abn562 wrote: »
    traestar wrote: »
    You're not a DJ if you rely on Serato! And I'm not dissing Serato.

i used it, but i also would buy vinyls and use them, but it beats carrying around them crates. in total i only have about 30 vinyls lol

I know a dude who refuses to conform to serato. He carries crates to every single show.

Dude carries it up flights of stairs and everything. He always says "hes a real DJ".
    Im like man you gonna be collecting workers comp if you keep throwing your back out carrying all those crates around. lol
  • davidbrooks
    Options
    Its not even about using serato, gotta keep up with technology and i can respect that. Just look at the pic, dude has his hands set like he's about to scratch and fade some ? but in reality he cant even do that with that type of table coz everything is so little. And its not about money either coz dude is using a Mac.. and most upscale clubs already have a dj setup in place.
    He should have just posed with his finger about to click play.
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    Texas only place this fool can go and be a legend still especially in Austin
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I like how he took that picture like he was scratching the ? out of it.