WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE FITNESS OR BODYBUILDING MAG AND WHY

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Weight Room
Well it depends what type of mindframe im in and what fitness lifestyle i am living when i dropped all the way to 212 and was on that fitness lifestyle running 6 miles a day, hiking and off road running and hitting the gym on some high reps ? i was reading MEN'S FITNESS, MEN'S HEALTH AND MUSCLE AND FITNESS MAGAZINE, it was cool and all.

BUT NOW AND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, I am on that ? training and lifting, bodybuilding, boxing, greco-roman wrestling, powerlifting, ? supplements, healthy dieting for strength, muscle mass low bodyfat, Cardio and GROWN MAN ? , i am reading

MUSCULAR DEVLOPMENTMuscular-Development.jpg Because this magazine deals with the science of supplements (Anabolics and regular) it deals with the Physiology of the human body, ? WORKOUTS.

and

FLEX MAGAZINE538686_375893215778757_107553225946092_1192687_409430142_n.jpg Because they got good work out routines for growing, great dieting information and meals to reach your full potential and information on supplements and foods like protein, carbs, veggies ect.......

and

MEN'S JOURNAL mens-journal-november-2011-muhammad-ali.jpeg?w=655 This is a magazine for GROWN MEN, I like cognac and scotch whiskey, cigars, craft beer lot of information on those things, great books about health to read, how to cook healthy meals, bbq information, cologne this mag have it all, gadgets, suits for men and the latest technology, business information

Comments

• COUGH DROP
    COUGH DROP Members Posts: 20
    Options
    REPS and Muscle & Fitness.... they give you complete work outs as well as diets to go along with
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't really ? with them because they're too misleading. These guys are on roids and discuss everything besides the roids. If you're going to discuss your diet, then speak on it in its entirety. Ironically I do listen to Shawn Ray's podcast at work when I'm bored.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None. Lately I've been on fitness tumblrs!
  • waterproof
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    I can't really ? with them because they're too misleading. These guys are on roids and discuss everything besides the roids. If you're going to discuss your diet, then speak on it in its entirety. Ironically I do listen to Shawn Ray's podcast at work when I'm bored.

but roids won't do ? for you if you ain't dieting right, having the rest you need and working out, so even if you on roids u have to put the work in because if not u will see no gains.

If you want the real scoop and medical science on steroids, peptides ect the magazine that discuss them is muscular development, no sugar coating straight scientific facts and studies
  • waterproof
    Options
    COUGH DROP wrote: »
    REPS and Muscle & Fitness.... they give you complete work outs as well as diets to go along with

Muscle and Fitness is a great mag, I used to follow the work outs and diets, I see Reks at the store and flip through it, I need to buy a copy and really check it out
  • dwade206
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

but roids won't do ? for you if you ain't dieting right, having the rest you need and working out, so even if you on roids u have to put the work in because if not u will see no gains.

If you want the real scoop and medical science on steroids, peptides ect the magazine that discuss them is muscular development, no sugar coating straight scientific facts and studies

Makes ? a whole lot easier though. If i was puttin up 315 natural, on roids I would've been on 405 by now. ? a mag and ? steroids.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mens health fell off, I used to learn a lot in that mag, now its all ? ?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too hard to take in what they say wholeheartedly as most of the advice is geared towards those on juice or prohormones. they try to push too many supplements as if the sups are what's really going to help you. there's some gems of info here and there in mags but i rarely read them and haven't picked one up in the past 5 years. but in all you gotta pull from many sources to figure out what works for you.
  • ill_lojikal_kon
    ill_lojikal_kon Members Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Muscle & Fitness

Train Hard, Fight Easy
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Makes ? a whole lot easier though. If i was puttin up 315 natural, on roids I would've been on 405 by now. ? a mag and ? steroids.

You bench 315? That's insane b
  • dwade206
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

You bench 315? That's insane b

Not really. Once you get humbled by dudes benching 405, 315 doesn't seem like much.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I one rep max 225. 315 is impressive
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been reading Flex since the 80's. Back then, I relied on the lower body routines to help me with track.