new york city cop buys boots for homeless man.....

2»

Comments

• ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 Prime wrote: »
    Matthew 6:1-4
    “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you

none-the-less... still nice of him. he did a good thing. but kinda corny he wanted the camera on to do it. makes you wonder would he have done it if he wouldnt have got recognized for doing it. seems as if he felt he stumbled across an opportunity to counter on doing something nice.

The officer didnt know she was watching with a camera
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    most cops are actually good people so this doesn't surprise me.

Never been involved with the law before post^

So all cops are bad to you?

99.9 percent bruh. And why you hit me with feelings? I'm not mad cause you haven't been involved with the law. ? is that?

What makes you think I haven't been involved with the law? I know they're good cops and bad cops out there.

C'mon ? do I have to hold up flash cards? Because of your post. Most cops aren't good people.

Easy on the generalizations fam. I have been arrested, and profiled like alot of ? on this site. Lot of ? ass cops out there, but props to homeboy, cause there are decent cops out there. Ive met and seen both.

what u sayin aint much different from when whites think we all out here doin stupid ? , cause they saw a young ? on the news doin the perp walk. Cmon fam, be better than that.

? , you do know that 'most' means many but not all, right?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Update: Homeless man says "? yo' Skechers Pig !"

tumblr_l5hdd8kWif1qahhxwo1_400.gif

Homeless man grateful for boots, but barefoot again

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50052716/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/
    Those shoes are hidden. They are worth a lot of money .... I could lose my life.

[img]http://www.xtalrose.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/? _yo_couch.gif[/img]
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The homeless man who was photographed being given a pair of boots by a New York City police officer in Times Square on a bitterly cold night last month was spotted on the Upper West Side on Sunday. And he was once again barefoot.

"Those shoes are hidden," Jeffrey Hillman, the 54-year-old homeless man, told the New York Times. "They are worth a lot of money—I could lose my life."

On Nov. 14, NYPD officer Lawrence DePrimo, who was on counterterrorism duty in Times Square, saw Hillman without shoes sitting on 42nd Street. DePrimo, 25, left and then returned with a pair of $100 boots he bought at a nearby Skechers store, knelt down and gave them to Hillman.

The random act of kindness was captured on camera by an Arizona tourist, who emailed the photo to the NYPD. It was then posted on the NYPD's Facebook page and soon went viral, generating more than 600,000 "likes," 47,000 comments and countless warmed hearts.

Hillman—an Army veteran and estranged father of two who said he's spent about 10 years homeless in New York—told the Times he did not remember the photo being taken, but was aware of the attention it's received.

"I was put on YouTube," he told the paper. "I was put on everything without permission. What do I get? This went around the world, and I want a piece of the pie."

"I appreciate what the officer did, don't get me wrong," Hillman continued. "I wish there were more people like him in the world."

He added: "I want to thank everyone that got onto this thing. I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. It meant a lot to me. And to the officer, first and foremost."

Hillman's brother Kirk lives in Nazareth, Pa., and according to the Daily Mail had not heard from since January.

"We love our brother very much," Kirk Hillman told the Daily News. "Our door is always open to him, but this is a lifestyle he's chosen."
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats whats up..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I was put on YouTube," he told the paper. "I was put on everything without permission. What do I get? This went around the world, and I want a piece of the pie."

lol....dude tryna get a comeup...someone should tell him u dont get paid for being on the news or youtube though..
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sound like he sold them boots already.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    most cops are actually good people so this doesn't surprise me.

Never been involved with the law before post^
    Or an upstanding citizen.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    The homeless man who was photographed being given a pair of boots by a New York City police officer in Times Square on a bitterly cold night last month was spotted on the Upper West Side on Sunday. And he was once again barefoot.

"Those shoes are hidden," Jeffrey Hillman, the 54-year-old homeless man, told the New York Times. "They are worth a lot of money—I could lose my life."

On Nov. 14, NYPD officer Lawrence DePrimo, who was on counterterrorism duty in Times Square, saw Hillman without shoes sitting on 42nd Street. DePrimo, 25, left and then returned with a pair of $100 boots he bought at a nearby Skechers store, knelt down and gave them to Hillman.

The random act of kindness was captured on camera by an Arizona tourist, who emailed the photo to the NYPD. It was then posted on the NYPD's Facebook page and soon went viral, generating more than 600,000 "likes," 47,000 comments and countless warmed hearts.

Hillman—an Army veteran and estranged father of two who said he's spent about 10 years homeless in New York—told the Times he did not remember the photo being taken, but was aware of the attention it's received.

"I appreciate what the officer did, don't get me wrong," Hillman continued. "I wish there were more people like him in the world."

He added: "I want to thank everyone that got onto this thing. I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. It meant a lot to me. And to the officer, first and foremost."

Hillman's brother Kirk lives in Nazareth, Pa., and according to the Daily Mail had not heard from since January.

"We love our brother very much," Kirk Hillman told the Daily News. "Our door is always open to him, but this is a lifestyle he's chosen."

So much for "Support the Troops."
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't he already shoeless?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what they say -

Buy a man shoes, he'll walk for a day...

Teach a man to buy shoes, he'll walk for a lifetime.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    teach a man to make shoes he'll own a factory
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Sound like he sold them boots already.

Basically. They was gone quick probably so he could buy what he wants more than shoes. Dude just seems to have a thing for not tolerating shoes. But like was already said, teach somebody how to earn something and they might
    keep what they earn. Give it to them and they may not appreciate it.Winter comin too.This a big reason people dont give to the needy. Cause people abuse it. smh