Should the Skins Go after T.O?

Options
ya boi g
ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
They talked about this today on 1st and 10, but I had been reading rumors about the possibility since they got McNabb. Honestly I think they should sign T.O. It would make for some interesting football come this fall, plus its these ? last shot to go on a superbowl run. I think it would work. The Redskins should sign T.O and get a young reciever later in the draft.

I want to know what the Cheap Seats think.... And what you Skins fans think?

Just saw this on ProFootballTalk

Donovan McNabb wants the Redskins to add T.O.
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 20, 2010 10:57 AM ET
Pros vs. Joes has apparently healed all wounds between Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens.

The new Redskins quarterback has reportedly encouraged his coaching staff to sign T.O., according to ESPN's Ed Werder. It doesn't sound like McNabb will get his wish.

(Rick Maese of the Washington Post writes that Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan "aren't regularly checking the locker room 'Suggestion Box.'")

Despite viewing wide receiver as a "high priority" to upgrade, the Redskins would reportedly rather look elsewhere if possible. Somewhere, Santana Moss is probably hearing about all this and isn't too happy.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they definately need an upgrade at receiver, but McNabb has always had relatively good success even with lackluster receivers. They need to, and probably will,include their tight ends more in the passing game which should help, but they still need help.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I want to see this happen just for the sake of seeing how this would work on the field.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It'd be interesting to say the least. I still wouldnt mind seeing him in Cincy, but i know its not happening
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think the Redskins could use a good vet WR...
    I like it, don't think it will happen though
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no, TO is washed up and he still gona have the big ass ego thinking he still in his prime
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont think they would sign T.O. Him and Mcnabb have to much of a negative history to play on the same team together without something popping off. I acually think the recievers now fit Mcnabb better than TO would anyway, look what Mcnabb did with Jackson because of his speed, Santana Moss is gonna have a huge year if he stays healthy. Mcnabb also has 3 decent running backs behind him and a good tightend. If the defense plays remotely good the Redskins are goin deep into the playoffs.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    plus its these ? last shot to go on a superbowl run.

WTF?
    And what you Skins fans think?

? no. We've got young recievers, they're names are Devin Thomas (who is developing quite well), Malcom Kelly (Who is so-so) and Marko Mitchell (Who the need to give some shine to). Personally, I woulda preferred this to be a rebuilding year but the Mcnabb signing makes it seem otherwise.

Aside from that T.O. looked really iffy in Buffalo. He really didn't do ? until too late in the season. If we wanted a iffy reciever....well there's always Santana Moss.

If this happened I'd hate it.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TO aint washed up, you could of put Fitzgerald and Johnson on that Bills team and they wouldn't have done ? either. You can't tell me this ? still can't outrun, and muscle dbs in the league.
  • ya boi g
    edited April 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    no, TO is washed up and he still gona have the big ass ego thinking he still in his prime

He has lost a step or maybe two but, I dont think he is washed up. He put up ok numbers for him to be with the Bills and playing with three garbage QB's....
  • ya boi g
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WTF?

? no. We've got young recievers, they're names are Devin Thomas (who is developing quite well), Malcom Kelly (Who is so-so) and Marko Mitchell (Who the need to give some shine to). Personally, I woulda preferred this to be a rebuilding year but the Mcnabb signing makes it seem otherwise.

Aside from that T.O. looked really iffy in Buffalo. He really didn't do ? until too late in the season. If we wanted a iffy reciever....well there's always Santana Moss.

If this happened I'd hate it.

I said its they last chance to do something cause they both have maybe 3-4 years left in the league. Hell T.O might have 2.
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure either of you were watching those Buffalo games. T.O. must be sharing ? 's wit Braylon and Ted Ginn cause he caught that ball droppin fever this season.

Besides, better receivers have done more with worse QBs. Calvin Johnson would co-sign.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    we could move moss to the slot and have TO and Thomas on the outside and cooley underneath would cause trouble for defenses
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can't do ? if their O-Line isn't healthy and blocking for McNabb.
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options
    we could move moss to the slot and have TO and Thomas on the outside and cooley underneath would cause trouble for defenses

I co-sign only cause of the motion to move Moss to slot. Been wantin that ? there for a while.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'm an all time T.O. fan but imagine these dudes all in the same locker room..Larry Johnson,Clinton Portis,T.O.,Haynesworth, D.Hall,etc... I rarely dont look in to locker room chemistry but that group of guys concern me cuz they are all crybabies
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Just saw that the pats picked up terry holt smh
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

smdh...the pats stay getting the players they want
  • ya boi g
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'm an all time T.O. fan but imagine these dudes all in the same locker room..Larry Johnson,Clinton Portis,T.O.,Haynesworth, D.Hall,etc... I rarely dont look in to locker room chemistry but that group of guys concern me cuz they are all crybabies

The Redskins always seem to have a locker room full of players with big personalities.
  • GameTime33463
    GameTime33463 Members Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cowboys all day baby!!!!!!!!!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

They stay tryna nickle and dime their way through the league and the ? is finally catching up to them. Getting these old ass vets for cheap!
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? and No. Carry on.
  • ya boi g
    edited April 2010
    Options

Man im tired of the Pat's going after these old ass players. Theyneed to draft a reciever ths year, should be a couple good ones left in the second round.
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cowboys all day baby!!!!!!!!!

Lil l (aka ? outta here)

Big L. Guess they so steady winning they forgot what teambuilding was.
    They stay tryna nickle and dime their way through the league and the ? is finally catching up to them. Getting these old ass vets for cheap!

Co-sign. Barring they finally make the rule that bans teams from makin unfair trades to the Raiders I CAN'T WAIT to see these ? go 6-10 in a few years. (Cause of another Brady injury)
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    naw they need to leave TO where he's at

he's on his way to retirement.....they need to move Moss to the slot

and pick up a speed RB

or invest into the O-line cause we are hurting bad........cats stayed running thru the O-line like they were drapes or curtains in front of Campbell last year

I'd sue the Redskins for emotional scarring the way they let Campbell get gunnished if I was him......? was getting black eyes and ? SMH
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    don't need T.O. If they already see Haynesworth as a problem, why would they bring in T.O.??? Not happening and Mcnabb should just shut up and throw the ball.