Patton Oswalt Gets Brutally Honest About The Failures Of ‘Blade: Trinity’

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I'm tired of these ? ass white actors calling black actors "crazy or unapproachable"...
    u know what that really is right?
    they aren't used to dealing black ppl who r way more talented and successful than them... disgusting...

Or it could just be that those actors are ? . It's not like it's just black actors that have that label. They say the same thing about Christian Bale and Edward Norton. Honestly, I hear more people talk about how great certain black stars are to work with rather than how bad, so I think you're off here.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Reboot Blade? You know that isnt a bad idea. Who would be good to play Blade? Cause I cant see no one else besides Sniper playing that role. I rather see Blade than punk ass multiple Supermam reboots (misspelling intentional)

michael jai white
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Reboot Blade? You know that isnt a bad idea. Who would be good to play Blade? Cause I cant see no one else besides Sniper playing that role. I rather see Blade than punk ass multiple Supermam reboots (misspelling intentional)

michael jai white

Hell no. Dude needs to stay away from the big Screen. Unless hes a stunt man. lol.

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wesley was born to play BLADE......i think he still got it....

Bring blade back,bring blade back,somebody tell marvel studios to bring blade back.....
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sticky Fingaz played that ? in the TV show...i never watched it but I assume that ? was extra wacktastic

You know, I copped that ? for the low. I was prejudging like hell for the pilot episode...but then I kept watching it and it really wasn't that bad. ? was out just one season...4 disc set.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idris alba dont realy see nobody else other than wes playing blade but since he probably wont or cant do it thats my pick
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    elba over derek luke

luke dont look imposing and i couldnt believe him either
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    To cast blade it has to be more than just hiring another brother who can act. Wesley raised the bar in terms of playing blade not only could he act but he had the martial arts experience to back it up on top of that he was fast. idris elba? derek luke? jaie white? Imo jai white is too slow if you watched any of his action movies you could see those kicks and punches coming a mile away,im pretty sure hes bad ass in real life but on screene his skills doesnt come across as anything spectacular. If they recast blade they need bring in some new blood whos a decent actor,has the martial art background,swordplay and speed most importantly do blade any real justice...
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said before, Jamie Foxx and tie that ? into Spiderman.

Other choices include Derek Luke and Mekhi Pfifer.

I can't really think of any other actors.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sour-Cream
    edited December 2012
    Options
    To cast blade it has to be more than just hiring another brother who can act. Wesley raised the bar in terms of playing blade not only could he act but he had the martial arts experience to back it up on top of that he was fast. idris elba? derek luke? jaie white? Imo jai white is too slow if you watched any of his action movies you could see those kicks and punches coming a mile away,im pretty sure hes bad ass in real life but on screene his skills doesnt come across as anything spectacular. If they recast blade they need bring in some new blood whos a decent actor,has the martial art background,swordplay and speed most importantly do blade any real justice...

Na b.

Michael Jai White >> Wesley Snipes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXRb1-ld2sc
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    idris alba dont realy see nobody else other than wes playing blade but since he probably wont or cant do it thats my pick

Na Idris Elba as Luke Cage >>
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MJW is too massive to play blade.

but he's also the best choice...

Michael J. White is too muscular to play Wesley Snipes.... he's not too big to play Blade

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jai White is the only choice.. I hate it, but its true

Hollywood can't convince me that George Clooney is Bruce Wayne, but with the write story and script Hollywood could convince me that Michael Jai White IS Blade

but the only way it will work is if the totally revamp the franchise and start over from scratch

fill it full of action and suspense to cover up Michael's acting flaws

make it less "urban" and make it more like "Underworld"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah that Michael Jai White ain't the move. Dude is too big and the action wouldn't be as silky
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jai White is the choice hands down. He can be a smart ass, he is nice with the martial arts skills, he is an action guy and of course he is a brotha. It has to be Mike or some new guy most people don't really know about.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    old spice guy might work
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lets see.........

Winston Ellis

(Pirates of the Caribbean Blade? )

MV5BMjE1MzQwOTExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAzNjU3Nw@@._V1._SY209_CR15,0,140,209_.jpg

Billy blanks,

( Tae-bo Blade? ) lol.

MV5BMTU1NDYwNjQwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDU4NjE5._V1._SY317_.jpg

Peter Mensah ( Old man blade)

MV5BMTEyMjE3MTIyNTleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDc2MDI5ODc@._V1._SY209_CR1,0,140,209_.jpg

Walter Jones

(Black ranger blade??)

MV5BMTk4ODY2OTMzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc5NTk1NQ@@._V1._SX140_CR0,0,140,209_.jpg

Kimbo Slice = Kimblade??

MV5BMjEyNjE2OTEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI1NTA2NA@@._V1._SY209_CR116,0,140,209_.jpg

(Bruce Leblade?)

MV5BMTQ3NzgyODc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTI2ODky._V1._SY314_CR18,0,214,314_.jpg

Maresse Crump perhaps???

l.jpg

• SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »

Na b.

Michael Jai White >> Wesley Snipes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXRb1-ld2sc

to be a true martial artist MJW has some of the sloppiest moves ever...bad footwork and all.

Maybe in fight speed his ? is real but movie wise that ? moves aint clean or crisp at all...Snipes ? be quick and clean even on Passenger 57 "Always bet on black"
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can always get Denzel to play blade ? would be some kinda cop or double agent tho...that ? Denzel is the same ? in every ? movie yo
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, when Wes is done with that bid? ? would be GOAT if he came out and dropped a dope ass Blade flick.