Real Talk Skillwise what wrestler is seeing Dean Malenko ?

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    very few, most modern wrestlers have a 20-30 move set that they stay with during a match for their entire career. Dean had a solid 25-45 different moves every time he set foot in the ring. Jericho could keep up but dean always had that extra move which is why that fued was so entertaining. I guess that was another perk of growing up in that time frame, wcw wrestlers would go off to japan and work on their craft and come back with a move you're never seen them do before. I swear scott steiner came back a completely different wrestler and a future star at the time. A dude his size doing a hurricanrana (sp) was bind blowing. If dean wasn't so ridged on the mic he could have been at benoits level. But, to answer the question, move for move, skill for skill, delivery for delivery, maybe a younger aj styles comes close. Jericho performs to your level, he never made anyone a star so it's hard to gauge him. jushin liger and ultimo dragon could put up some offense in their days but, I have to agree, dean was beast. Watching austin ares is a throw back to those days for me.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bret
    Kurt
    Benoit
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its true it's damn true
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Was watching a stream literally 15 minutes ago and dean malenko has a near damn classic match with Brad Armstrong.. basically a nobody to the casual fan on WCW saturday Night in 96... dude was a SICK ring technician and highly underrated.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    link to that brad armstrong match?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think jericho could run with him, it'd be inneresting if daniel bryan was around during that time
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have gone with Chad Collyer. But he's been trained by malenko so that doesnt count.

Apart from those mentioned. I would like to see a Prime Dean against a Prime Yuji Nagata though
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Was watching a stream literally 15 minutes ago and dean malenko has a near damn classic match with Brad Armstrong.. basically a nobody to the casual fan on WCW saturday Night in 96... dude was a SICK ring technician and highly underrated.

brad armstrong one of my favorite unknown wrestlers dude was cold. steven regal slept on too.

• ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the mat? Benoit or Hitman. Maybe even Eddie or Regal. Dude is sick though.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very underrated guy and was one of my favorites in the last 4 horseman group in WCW.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot of guys being honest . I think were done a disservice as american wrestling fans with the whole sport entertainment style of wrestling. there are a ton of technical wrestlers that don't get shine or they can't put technical matches together because that style is not considered to be entertaining. Most of the Japanese Wrestlers are very technical, Luchadores are very technical and in their matches they get to show it .