Report: WWE plans to become more "edgy"

silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
Idk if this will actually happen, if so we may get a ruthless aggression lite at least.

Here is the link. It's from Pwinsider(supposely legit)

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/1212/558686/vince-mcmahon/

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they bring back ? in thongs
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    about time Vince took some action for the ? PPV's lately
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    good now lets get layla alicia fox n aj n some braw n panties matches
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    i want eve's butt cheeks exposed, layla making out with other divas and aj lee in a thong.................with chucks on
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • RespectedGENlUS
    RespectedGENlUS Members Posts: 53
    This G-Rated wrestling is not working, I don't think it ever has. Shoot even back in the day, Ric Flair was talking about space mountain. Kids ain't have a clue what he meant. When WWF was all characters like Doink the Clown, etc. NWA/WCW was more popular. WWE needs attitude, ruthless aggression, something...
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lies..... They know Linda is running again in 2016..... I expect a lot more of those Deavors before they get "edgy" again.... They gotta cut ? to have more money to fund the 2016 run.... Bet Kofi and Truth wont be in the WWE 2016
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this rate anything would be better than the current product.
  • silverfoxx
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Lies..... They know Linda is running again in 2016..... I expect a lot more of those Deavors before they get "edgy" again.... They gotta cut ? to have more money to fund the 2016 run.... Bet Kofi and Truth wont be in the WWE 2016
    ]

Vince wasted 100 MILLION on his hoe,, so that political ? is done with. Besides, Linda already said she quit and will never run again after constant fails,, so they should be back on their grizzy....

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attitude 2.0 anyone?
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First order of "edgy" business then: Hire A.W. back, cause the PTP's are flopping harder than a Hell Rell album without him.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    A three hour show needs quality wrestling to drive the show . you can get away with a Promo heavy 2 hour show .

The biggest thing they have to let these cats wrestle get rid of some of the performance restrictions . Also the titles have to mean something no more santino title pushes and make the tag division mean something and get rid of that ? spinner belt. Its a damn shame when the Minor League Promotion(TNA) has better titles across the board then you .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlquWnLQt18xIC53XG3cIOBaJD231RYJF3FITwjUjSvK79R30Z

TNATVTitle.png

tna_x_division_championship_200_feature.jpg

TNA_Tag_Titles.jpg

and at least tna didn't force everybody to carry around Jeff Hardy's Custom Built
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardys custom belt is ugly as ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attitude 2.0 anyone?

Never.

The WWE doesn't have the roster for it.

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The TNA on the low puts on a much better show than the WWE particularly from a purely wrestling standpoint.

Luckily for the WWE watching a technical and aerial good pure wrestling match between a Austin Aries and Jeff Hardy isn't what the wrestling casual fan is looking for.

The problem with TNA is the writers sometimes get very bland with the story lines.

Some of their stars need more mic work as well.

Guys like AJ Styles and Bobby Roode are actually good wrestlers, but they are about as interesting to listen to as watching paint dry.

At least the WWE does have some colorful personalities such as CM Punk, Sheamus, and even Cena (even though I know many dont like him).

I'm glad to hear that the WWE is getting more edgy though hopefully they develop some more stars edgy angle play to the talent of guys like Orton, Zippler, and Punk in my opinion.

Hopefully this edgy approach makes for a better show too if this is indeed true.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Them TNA tag belts look abit like a modify I.C belt
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one will be surprised if the E goes back to something that even remotely looks like Attitude. When i read Edgy, the first thing i thought was that edge was gonna be the next GM to be honest. WWE has the same problem they had back in 2002. Lack of competition (TNA is still nowhere near them, better product or not)

Also as posted above, WWE doesn't have that big of a talent pool to draw from. One thing that made the attitude era was that people all over the card stepped their game up in order to be on tv.

WWE needs to
    - get rid of the "brands" which arent even brands anymore.
    - have one world title, not two.
    - have a mid to lower card that people actually arent virgins to (by that i mean, that they give a ? about)
    - have a tag team division that actually means something instead of the "throw to bland midcarders together for a while before they fall out". The New Age Outlaws were put together because they bored people to tears as single performers.
    - The Cena frequency needs to be turned waaay down. Heck, i think he has surpassed HHH on the "being shoved down our throats" barometer (remember when people were sick and tired of HHH?)
    - Dont change the commisioner/general manager every four months. ? like that killed WCW who had like 4 or 5 commisioners during their last full year in buisness
    - Let the NXT guys be the ones to ring in the new era so to speak. And if needed be, round up a healthy dose of proven indy names to buff up the roster and get rid of some of the deadwood (do anyone really care about Curt Hawkins?)

Just my two cents

• silverfoxx
    I just hope this actually happens, and not some dumb duffous ? like the muppets saying "ass"....
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    ill wait till i see it