Matriculation....Let's talk about it

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    Was such a fancy word needed for hey did ya'll go to college?

shiieet..maybe I need to get on the ball with my matriculation.

But yeah, I tried for it straight out of high school, but working full time, plus the shock of what's expected in college compared to high school, and the fact that I had just graduated and wanted to have fun meant something had to give and college was it.

That's one of the things in my life I wish I could do over, but I'll get there. I've managed to make a decent income without it but I know the sky's the limit if I were to add a degree to my resume.

One of my goals for 2013 is to enroll in college and finally get my degree.

Plenty of booksmart people with degrees and PhD's don't have any common sense at all.

like who?

I hear this all the time but honestly when the hell do you ever meet a ? with a PhD?
    I doubt they exist

There are plenty of those with "book smarts" who lack "life smarts." School here doesn't teach us many things which only life and experience can so there will be those who are educated academically but are still lost in life.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I mean I do know someone who is book smart but dumb as a ? stump. My brothers best friend's wife, smart as a whip in school, but didn't know the cord hanging from a lawn mover was the extension cord and not a random rope(I.e.), like WTF!?!?! But Rodiguezz has a point also, I have yet to see someone who has a PHD who is so ? stupid with common sense you wonder how they got the PHD.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • grumpycat
    grumpycat Members Posts: 519
    edited December 2012
    I still live with my parents, I'm single with no kids, and up until two weeks ago I was a substitute teacher. Does it look like I'm where I want to be in life?

Ask me again two years from now when I'm done with grad school.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .IRS. wrote: »
    I mean I do know someone who is book smart but dumb as a ? stump. My brothers best friend's wife, smart as a whip in school, but didn't know the cord hanging from a lawn mover was the extension cord and not a random rope(I.e.), like WTF!?!?! But Rodiguezz has a point also, I have yet to see someone who has a PHD who is so ? stupid with common sense you wonder how they got the PHD.

Ok, maybe that was an overstatement.

I was just trying to convey that there are plenty of people with college degrees who don't have the level of common sense/life skills that you'd expect of someone who is college educated.

• --vincenzo--
    --vincenzo-- Members Posts: 142
    yeah, a lot of dumb people have college degrees. but even more dumb people dont have one.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .Empress. wrote: »

But yeah, I tried for it straight out of high school, but working full time, plus the shock of what's expected in college compared to high school, and the fact that I had just graduated and wanted to have fun meant something had to give and college was it.

That's one of the things in my life I wish I could do over, but I'll get there. I've managed to make a decent income without it but I know the sky's the limit if I were to add a degree to my resume.

Plenty of booksmart people with degrees and PhD's don't have any common sense at all.

like who?

I hear this all the time but honestly when the hell do you ever meet a ? with a PhD?
    I doubt they exist

There are plenty of those with "book smarts" who lack "life smarts." School here doesn't teach us many things which only life and experience can so there will be those who are educated academically but are still lost in life.

We arent talking book smarts, we are talking Ph.D

Where are these ? doctors you speak pf?

• LUClEN
    *of

I'm not going fullsite mode just to edit.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

like who?

I doubt they exist

I know a few, but my sample size is large...
  • LUClEN

roflmao...fail

college aint you girl haha

reminds me when one of my ? told my other homeboy how he has been exmatriculated. dude called me and told me some ? want to exterminate our boy

Keeping reading ?

I wish there was a fail button
  • LUClEN
    Stopitfive wrote: »

like who?

I doubt they exist

Ethered.
    Makes sense tho, i only know 1 outside of professors from school

How stupid we talking tho?
    If they went back in time to 1992 would they bet against the bulls ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

like who?

I doubt they exist

Ethered.
    Makes sense tho, i only know 1 outside of professors from school

How stupid we talking tho?
    If they went back in time to 1992 would they bet against the bulls ?

Pretty stupid... Like anybody can get a ph.d. Apparently... U just have to go to the right school at the right time...
    I know a few simpleminded doctors... I wouldn't trust these nignogs to make copies...