RIP Capital Steez from pro era

Options

Comments

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joey Badass will really blow up now since he will have something to rap about. He probably did it or had it done.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the fckkk. dude was nice if not nicer than joey, i coulda seen him comin up for real. and he was actually talking real ? in his music..

damn bo.. ? real out here
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been trying to get on all my life.He gets on and kills himself???

RIP.You never know what type of problems ppl have
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard of him but RIP.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mental stress is serious. When you make a decision to get in the music/entertainment business, sometimes money, fame and prestige in this culture don't solve and mean everything will be better. Some people just cannot handle it very well.

But R.I.P. to the brother...
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never condone suicide unless yor about to die a horrible death anyway, but to do tweet about and do it on Christmas eve is some selfish ? , if you already know your going to off yourself why do it in a way to cause people even more pain then you already are?
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never condone suicide unless yor about to die a horrible death anyway, but to do tweet about and do it on Christmas eve is some selfish ? , if you already know your going to off yourself why do it in a way to cause people even more pain then you already are?

Maybe he wanted to put some of the dread and despair he had back onto others. The bad thing is nobody other than the people that love you really give a ? so you are hurting the wrong people. Maybe he should have killed a bunch of kids or some ?

• kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Man RIP to the homie. He was nice. Wish he could've took whatever pain he was feeling and got it out through the music.

But dang, he went out on some other issh.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »

Maybe he wanted to put some of the dread and despair he had back onto others. The bad thing is nobody other than the people that love you really give a ? so you are hurting the wrong people. Maybe he should have killed a bunch of kids or some ?

You know you put the dread and despair back on others? you succeed in your rap career not off your self like the weak ? they was probably calling you, somebody had to love him you act like he was the local ? jumping off the bridge, That ? is wack so you telling his only option within a up and coming rap career to deal with his problems was to off him self or murder a bunch of kids cmon son that's bs
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint gonna say anything negative about his weak minded choice

but i hope the family copes though, thats tragic.
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homie too young to be offing himself. Dude have hella talent. RIP
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just one year older than dude... wow. R.I.P. I only heard his verses from the 1999 tape. I ? with survival tactics heavily.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn he had the best chance other than Joey Bada$$ to come up in Pro Era.

RIP. Never know what people are going through.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Killed himself at 19? He must have been going thru something serious
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    King Lee wrote: »

He probably was dealing with severe depression. People diagnosed with it can hide that ? good, around people (especially family) and be by themselves in a room with dark thoughts contemplating to commit that.
  • kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He had just dropped a mixtape in Oct. Amerikkkan Korruption. I'ma have to check that out.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King Lee wrote: »

He probably was dealing with severe depression. People diagnosed with it can hide that ? good, around people (especially family) and be by themselves in a room with dark thoughts contemplating to commit that.

Thats a shame to hear things like that something that needs to be pushed more in society is mental health, communication is key.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo where the suicide ? come from cause it aint been confirmed yet ?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rapper Capital Steez of Pro Era dead at 19
    Dec. 24, 2012, 2:55 PM EST
    By Billboard staff, Billboard
    Capital Steez, an up-and-coming rapper in the Brooklyn-based Pro Era collective, died on Monday morning. Steez, real name Jamal Dewar, was 19.
    The rapper's friend and collaborator Joey Bada$$ announced the news on Twitter, saying

This unfortunate xmas eve.. Lost a best friend, a brother, a pro, a partner. Letting go is never easy.. May ur soul rest in peace Jamal.. RIP CAPITAL STEEZ!!! 7.7.93 – 12.24.12. SICK TO MY STOMACH… it just haven’t been the same since my homies death…. MOST PRAISE TO THE MOST HIIGHHHHHHHHHHHH. part of me still doesn’t believe this.

Other members of New Era to post comments include Chuck Strangers and CJ Fly. This week the rap collective released the mixtape, "PEEP: The Aprocopalypse" on Cinematic Affairs. Label CEO Johnny Shipes also confirmed the death on Twitter, writing "R.I.P. STEEZ."
    Further details on the cause of death have not been disclosed, however there is speculation that the rapper may have committed suicide as his final message on Twitter reads, simply, "The end."

the bolded is pretty much a dead give away smh what a shame.....
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just seen another thread

delete
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

R.I.P CAPITOL STEEZ...He killed "survival tactics"

@mars my bad hit nosign by accident.
  • GaryDeano
    GaryDeano Members Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    yo where the suicide ? come from cause it aint been confirmed yet ?

i guess twitter his ? says "The End"