Options
14567810»

Comments

• ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jayy2009 wrote: »
    .IRS. wrote: »
    Even if ? came down here himself to help, we'd ? him.

We already did.

He should have told people he was ? and stopped talking in riddles.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stay going in in ? LOL
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    You guys ? me w this whole "? wouldn't do this but lets it happen"..

? is the most violent being in the bible, he ordered mass killings and hits. He asked for children's heads to be bashed into rocks, for men and women to be slain and for the "pure women" to be saved for themselves. He even played chess between Moses and the Pharaoh, ? was hardening Pharaohs heart over and over not letting him free the slaves.

This is all in the bible, yet you believe ? wouldn't do this but the devil? The devil hardly has an actual body cout, ? was the psychopath.

If ? is truly all-knowing, he could've prevented this by changing dudes mind right? (like he did w Pharaoh)

So really, it's pointless to defend your ? , because its ? .

Did Vibe just come thru & crush the buildings?

***Inserts Snoop Digg GIF***

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with this thread is nobody is right, yet each side takes a stand as if their word is the end all be all of spirituality..all this ? is open for interpretation and to take a definite stance on either side is ? b..u atheist ? think ur ? textbook knowledge solves all of lifes many mysteries and majority of you theists use ? as a crutch..? outchea lost at life b
  • jayy2009
    jayy2009 Members Posts: 9
    Options

We already did.

He told the people who we was they didn't believe. He performed signs and they didn't believe. He was prophesied about in the Old Testament which the Jews being Jews knew the Old Testament up and down and they still didn't recognize Him. Jesus was sent here to die for our sins. He was sent here to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u atheist ? think ur ? textbook knowledge solves all of lifes many mysteries

Not really. It's just that the ? as described in the Bible is nonsensical when given a close examination. Life's mysteries are much more than what the Bible attempts to give us. Spirituality does not need the Bible ? (or any ? ) to exist.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    He told the people who we was they didn't believe. He performed signs and they didn't believe. He was prophesied about in the Old Testament which the Jews being Jews knew the Old Testament up and down and they still didn't recognize Him. Jesus was sent here to die for our sins. He was sent here to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.

Do you have any sources other than the Bible that any of this actually took place?
  • jayy2009
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »

Do you have any sources other than the Bible that any of this actually took place?

If you want me to give you concrete evidence that ? exist, I'm just going to give you scriptures from the Bible. It is a matter of faith. You have to read ? 's word and have a relationship with Him all by yourself. I've been there I read bits and pieces and questioned His existence myself, but you have to read each book of the Bible to really get an understanding of ? and His plan.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u dont use the whole quote dont quote me b..dont pick out bits and pieces to fit some half assed reply..
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options

We already did.

I bet if he stopped them from killing him they would have believed him.
  • jayy2009
    Options

We already did.

I bet if he stopped them from killing him they would have believed him.

If He came off of the cross and prevented His death, then we would have no chance. Jesus did not come here to prove that he was the Son of ? . ? is ? whether we believe or not. He(Jesus) came to die for our sins. So that through his death, burial , and resurrection those that believe would have eternal life. What you're seeing everyday in the world is that man has a sin problem and that there is nothing we can do to save ourselves from eternal damnation(? 's Wrath). That's why He sent His son to do what we couldn't which is save ourselves.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of y'all are confused. Believing in ? does not mean you're a supporter of the Bible, nor does it mean you're a Christian.

FOH with that generalizing ? .
  • Bodhi
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If u dont use the whole quote dont quote me b..dont pick out bits and pieces to fit some half assed reply..

I replied to what applies to me. The first sentence was just your opinion. The last part was directed to theists.
  • Bodhi
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you want me to give you concrete evidence that ? exist, I'm just going to give you scriptures from the Bible.

The Bible can't be used as concrete evidence of anything other than the fact that it was written and has an author(s).
  • Bodhi
    Options
    A lot of y'all are confused. Believing in ? does not mean you're a supporter of the Bible, nor does it mean you're a Christian.

FOH with that generalizing ? .

This is true but America is mostly Christian; to my knowledge, most of the IC resides in America and most theists on the IC are Christians. Correct me if I'm wrong. Christianity is mostly what we're familiar with and will most likely reference but Christians, Muslims and Jews draw from the same basic concept of ? , the Abrahamic version, which is under the "classical theism" umbrella.
    Being an atheist, however, means that you do not believe in any sort of ? (theism) in general, regardless of where the ? originates.
  • jayy2009
    Options
    If you want me to give you concrete evidence that ? exist, I'm just going to give you scriptures from the Bible.

The Bible can't be used as concrete evidence of anything other than the fact that it was written and has an author(s).

Which is why I said it is a matter of faith. Read the Bible you'll understand.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never understood that -assuming there is a ? -which i believe there is...what's so hard about the concept that ? is the creator/watcher--not the decider
    I could accept that concept as opposed to the one we've been fed. You hear about miracles, medical or whatever. This was a time when we needed a miracle.
  • plocc
    Options
    SUFFERING AND SORROW THAT WE FACE TODAY IS NOT THE WORK OF AN UNJUST ? ; IT'S THE CONSEQUENCES OF SIN. WE SUFFER BECAUSE WE ARE SINNERS. ROMANS 6:23 SAYS, "FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH; BUT THE GIFT OF ? IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD." WE SUFFER AND DIE BECAUSE OF SIN.

The bible says man was created in the image of ? . So where the does the sin come in at.
  • plocc
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    I'm not sure where this thread has ended up so i'm still just addressing the OP. i still don't get how you can believe in ? and then turn around and question his existence based on some sort of tragedy? As if the very beginning of the bible didn't start of in a tragedy with adam and eve. and then with cain and abel and then fast forward to, oh how about 2 Chronicles which pretty clearly states the consequences of a society which ignores and shuns ? and thinks they are the center of the universe. The Bible clearly defines the punishment of ignoring ? and choosing evil. And if that wasn't enough evil in the world, how about Herod who ordered the murder of every newborn under 2 years old just to try and ? jesus? Like, are you cool with all of that? and this school shooting just pushed you to the other side? Hopefully not because i'd hate for anyone to be that ? stupid

I questioned ? just like millions of others did when they heard this terrible news. I dont subscribe to any religion, but I'm constantly seeking the truth, or to be enlightened spiritually. I started this thread so that anyone from any religion could offer some insight as to why these tragedies occur.
  • jayy2009
    Options
    http://community.allhiphop.com/entry/signin?Target=/discussion/472838/the-random-nonsense-thread/p8quote="plocc;5277379"]
    SUFFERING AND SORROW THAT WE FACE TODAY IS NOT THE WORK OF AN UNJUST ? ; IT'S THE CONSEQUENCES OF SIN. WE SUFFER BECAUSE WE ARE SINNERS. ROMANS 6:23 SAYS, "FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH; BUT THE GIFT OF ? IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD." WE SUFFER AND DIE BECAUSE OF SIN.

The bible says man was created in the image of ? . So where the does the sin come in at.
    [/quote]

Sin came in to man's life in Genesis chapter 3. ? told Adam and Eve told them that they could eat from any tree in the Garden of Eden except from the tree of in the midst of te garden. In the previous chapter Adam had a direct relationship with ? . He was walking and talking with ? in person. All he knew was ? 's word. The serpent fooled Eve and Adam into eating from the tree which ? had already told them not to eat from. They disobeyed ? . This is when sin enter the world because immediately they covered themselves up. Prior to that they did not notice tht they were naked. They had become ashamed. When ? returned to see what they had done, they were cast out of the Garden of Eden.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    I started this thread so that anyone from any religion could offer some insight as to why these tragedies occur.

I could offer insight but it's from a Buddhist standpoint.

• ILL_Anvers
    ILL_Anvers Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    I started this thread so that anyone from any religion could offer some insight as to why these tragedies occur.

I could offer insight but it's from a Buddhist standpoint.

I would like to hear it...
  • plocc
    Options
    http://community.allhiphop.com/entry/signin?Target=/discussion/472838/the-random-nonsense-thread/p8quote="plocc;5277379"]

Sin came in to man's life in Genesis chapter 3. ? told Adam and Eve told them that they could eat from any tree in the Garden of Eden except from the tree of in the midst of te garden. In the previous chapter Adam had a direct relationship with ? . He was walking and talking with ? in person. All he knew was ? 's word. The serpent fooled Eve and Adam into eating from the tree which ? had already told them not to eat from. They disobeyed ? . This is when sin enter the world because immediately they covered themselves up. Prior to that they did not notice tht they were naked. They had become ashamed. When ? returned to see what they had done, they were cast out of the Garden of Eden.[/quote]

Sounds very fairytalish to me. Whats the point in telling them not to do anything when he knew what they were gonna do. He shouldve told them to watch out for the serpent. Why put a serpent in the garden anyway. Why create lucifer, an angel that turned evil? If an angel can become corrupt what does that say about?
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mass media can't even get the facts (and their lies) straight. I'm almost beginning to doubt this entire story.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Says we were not the first to use this "free will" concept. Though maybe not in the cannon of the Christian Bible, but in order to "rebel" it had to be someone's idea, as said by an "angel" fallen or not the idea came before he/it fell from "grace". I am no expert on any one, place or thing. Just another paradigm.