NFL Edition: For the fans of bad/mediocre teams how far is your team from contending?

2»

Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a life long Bills fan this song seems more appropriate

http://youtu.be/S2N_uvnvGbI

We need a new coach (Gruden) a new qb and new linebackers
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Kansas city) we're about four or five years away, and that's thinking optimistically
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    @menace... I hope they draft
    Lb from notre dame...cornerback is horrible....wouldnt mind the DT from utah also...i could see DHB getn cut too...

DHB is still developing you see what he can do when he has the ball in open field. I think he might restructure his contract.

DHB-GIF.gif
    heyward2-11-4-12.gif
    dhbback.gif
    raiders6.gif
    dhb.gif
    reeddown.gif

If the coaching staff was smart they'd draft Dude from Notre dame and keep McClain and turn the defense into a 3-4 and draft a DT in the 3rd round.

I say they keep huff at CB and pick a CB and FS in free agency

I like the idea of nhamdi coming back playn safety on some charles woodson ? ...n huff as CB 2...they need a lock down corner...stevie brown(giants) i always had a feeling he was gona be good...on offense they needa go back to power running this zone ? is BS

PALMER THREE 4k

But he average a int a gamr it seems like...
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least 2 years or so years. Gene Smith might be gone by season's end. We need a better backup RB to spell MJD. Jennings aint about that life. Better O-Line play. Only Monroe is safe. Switch to a 3-4 defense and add pass rushing LB's on the outside. Adding another QB for competition is welcome too and youth and talent in the secondary. This team has proven they can compete and win games. We just haven't closed them out (or learned how to) yet
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Sean Payton and a defense away from being real contenders again.
  • aggboy
    aggboy Members Posts: 48
    i dont think kc is as far away as it seems.....the d plays fairly well when the offense can move the ball past the fifty more than once a game. A qb a competent coach and some secondary depth and i think we could turn it around
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    None of these teams are far away as far as "time". This is the NFL. You get the right coach, right group of players, you can flip your record in one year.

Sometimes its as simple as switching coordinators or changing philosophy. Take a look at your team's scoring differential and turnover differential.

Some of y'all might find that your team is only about a touchdown per-game away, or a turnover per-game away from being playoff teams. It don't take a team full of pro-bowlers to make up that difference. This ain't the NBA.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe just a good WR, maybe just an average QB, maybe both.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word on the street was Fat Andy's gonna make Cally his new home. So, we'll see if he can turn Rivers finally into an elite QB. But Rivers better be prepared to start launching that ? 40 times a game. Nigg better start hittin gotta gym up the Tuesday after Week 17 ends.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for Philly...Jeez. At this point, I really have no idea. The team needs a total wrecking ball, from Joe Banner on down.

I will say one thing. Nicki Free and Chip Kelly can't run that ship together. Foles is too slow to run the offense he'd want. So, unless Chip has some sort of sprinter at QB up his sleeve, Chip would never come to Philly and actually let Foles run the ship. Which is cool to me anyway. The words "open competition" are the first thing I think about when I've seen what this kid has done the last 7 games. Ol' Matt Sarason ass dude.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    As far as the titans are concerned, I honestly do believe we have talent and arent as bad as our record shows. but we still need to add pieces in order to be an elite team and to compete at the super bowl. we're pretty much set on offense with the exception of our decimated and ? o-line. and also the qb position is questionable. while he has shown flashes i thought locker wouldve progressed more. but he still has the same issues that plagued him when he was in and was coming out of college(horrible footwork, accuracy issues, holding on the ball for too long) which were the reasons i was against picking him in the first place. but eventually started to accept it. yea i understand this is technically his first year(as he was sitting behind hasselcrap last year) but seeing how rookie qb's(luck, rg3, wilson) are coming in and lighting it up he should be further along than where he is. some of it is on the inept coaching, some of it is also on the poor o-line. but some situations like when taylor thompson was wide open 10 ? yards away and there was pass protection on that play and he ridiculouly overthrew it, thats all on locker. seeing how this is a qb driven league, alot of our success will be contingent on whether locker busts or not. i say next season will tell us whether he is the qb that will lead this team for years to come.

but defense, imo, is where i problem is. the lb position is the only solid area where we are good. ayers, bown, and mccarthy play lights out every game. we still need a pass rushing de bad. and also a stocky nt that will complement casey. and we also desperately need a cb since finny left and a free safety. griffin is trash. i say thats what the upcoming draft should be dedicated to, drafting players for the defense. if we can draft well, we will be good
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ounceman wrote: »
    As far as the titans are concerned, I honestly do believe we have talent and arent as bad as our record shows. but we still need to add pieces in order to be an elite team and to compete at the super bowl. we're pretty much set on offense with the exception of our decimated and ? o-line. and also the qb position is questionable. while he has shown flashes i thought locker wouldve progressed more. but he still has the same issues that plagued him when he was in and was coming out of college(horrible footwork, accuracy issues, holding on the ball for too long) which were the reasons i was against picking him in the first place. but eventually started to accept it. yea i understand this is technically his first year(as he was sitting behind hasselcrap last year) but seeing how rookie qb's(luck, rg3, wilson) are coming in and lighting it up he should be further along than where he is. some of it is on the inept coaching, some of it is also on the poor o-line. but some situations like when taylor thompson was wide open 10 ? yards away and there was pass protection on that play and he ridiculouly overthrew it, thats all on locker. seeing how this is a qb driven league, alot of our success will be contingent on whether locker busts or not. i say next season will tell us whether he is the qb that will lead this team for years to come.

but defense, imo, is where i problem is. the lb position is the only solid area where we are good. ayers, bown, and mccarthy play lights out every game. we still need a pass rushing de bad. and also a stocky nt that will complement casey. and we also desperately need a cb since finny left and a free safety. griffin is trash. i say thats what the upcoming draft should be dedicated to, drafting players for the defense. if we can draft well, we will be good

I need a Kindle Fire to read all dat. lol
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Tebow is gonna be a Jag lol.

Its gonna be a dark day in hell when that happens.
    white715 wrote: »
    As a life long Bills fan this song seems more appropriate

http://youtu.be/S2N_uvnvGbI

We need a new coach (Gruden) a new qb and new linebackers

I had no idea yall even existed on here.
  • rewindsc
    rewindsc Members Posts: 45
    Three new players in the secondary and a QB. We got some ways to go (Bucs).
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rewindsc wrote: »
    Three new players in the secondary and a QB. We got some ways to go (Bucs).

Ya, our secondary needs work forreal. I don't think it's 100% them. Part of it was our coaches not adjusting though. If you know the DB's are that great, stop blitzing them so much and leaving them in 1-on-1 coverage. Also may need a new D coordinator. We blitzed a lot, and rarely got to the QB. Cost us a few games