Do you at least think Game has stepped it up in Jesus Piece compared to RED.

Zigefresh
Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Reason
I thought RED was complete garbage with all the annoying style jacking and the fact that Game sucked at doing them too.

But in Jesus piece I think he's still doing it but at least he stepped up his actual lyrics a bit in his songs. What do you guys think of it?

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Born in the trap
    Ricky
    That rednation joint

I musta missed something, What was wack lyrically about those?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RED was actually a step up from LAX. I'm not a Game fan, but he surprised me with it. Same with Jesus Piece. And yes, it was a step up cuz I like the concept of the contradictions of religion/secularism. I could go without the style jacking tho.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

Jesus Piece was The Game trying to sound like someone different on every song, and not in a good way.

Game is like those American Idol contestants you see show up for auditions who can imitate another singer's voice singing a particular song, but when Simon or Randy or whoever asks them to sing something else they sound horrible.

He's a good imitation artist, but he has no identity on the mic.

And some of you will say "he's showing he can switch up the flow and do it well". But to switch up your flow you first need to have one of your own. When you switch up your flow, it should be compared to your standard flow you normally use.

First album he was trying to sound like 50. Second album he took to sounding like Dr. Dre.

I skipped listening to him after that, but checked out this album, and every song he was trying to flow like someone different. Whether it was Biggie, Bone Thugs, Kanye, Rick Ross, etc. Every song was a different guest feature with a different vocal imitation.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. I hated red and LAX. Jesus piece is definitely a step up
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both albums are good Red had more standout tracks. But Jesus Piece is a better overall album.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing he stepped up is his name dropping
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.E.D. was dope but to answer the question no. Game doesn't really get better he's just consistent. He consistently makes good albums and thats why I always ? with his music. I don't think he'll ever come out with something better than the documentary
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Piece was better than The RED Album and LAX sonically, and I admire his wide connects in the rap game to feature the best of mainstream rap acts on his album ... but it gets redundant after a while

He has a good ear for production as well