Options
124»

Comments

• edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hey sheol and hell are not the same!

Sheol was where all dead people went beneath the earth.

It wasn't hell or eternal damnation. It was simply where the dead resided.

The heavens we're only for the Gods.

Hell and Sheol are not the same.

Also theres no devil or satan that controls the realm.

Its just where the dead resided.

I've known this since 13. The books heaven a history can inform you on that.

The book gives you the history of the different concepts man had about the afterlife.

Sheol predates Hell and the bible.
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://100prophecies.org/page11.htm

Bible prophecies fulfilled:
    Biblical prophecy fulfilled by nations around Israel, including Egypt and Edom

This selection of prophecies from the Bible involve ancient nations that interacted with the land of Israel during ancient times.

The commentaries below are from the second edition of the book, 100 Prophecies, by George Konig and Ray Konig, who are the authors and copyright holders of the material. The commentaries are reprinted here with written permission from the authors. All rights reserved. The third edition, revised and expanded, of 100 Prophecies: Ancient Biblical prophecies that foretold the future is available through Amazon.com.

Daniel predicted the four great kingdoms

Bible prophecy: Daniel 2:32-33
    Prophecy written: About 530 BC
    Prophecy fulfilled: Throughout history

In Daniel 2:32-33, there is a prophetic passage that symbolically identified the four great kingdoms that would rise up and control much of world, beginning in Daniel's lifetime. The passage uses symbolic imagery:

1. The head of gold, as Daniel explained, refers to the Babylonian Empire that ruled much of the world about 2600 years ago.

2. Daniel said that the head-of-gold empire would be followed by an empire symbolized by arms of silver. Christian scholars have often interpreted this to refer to the Medo-Persian Empire which later conquered the Babylonian Empire. The scholars say that the two arms refer to the two groups - the Medes and the Persians - who comprised the Medo-Persian Empire.

3. The third kingdom was symbolized by the statue's belly and thighs of brass. Some scholars believe that this is a reference to the Grecian Empire, which conquered the Medo-Persian Empire. The symbol of a belly and thighs of brass suggests that the kingdom was to start out as a united empire but end up as a divided empire. Under the leadership of Alexander the Great, the Grecian Empire was a united empire. But after Alexander's death, the empire was divided up.

4. The fourth symbol - that of iron legs and feet that were part iron and part clay - has often been suggested to be a reference to the Roman Empire, which later conquered the Grecian Empire.

These four kingdoms ruled over much of the world, and each of the four ruled over the land of Israel during times in which a significant number of Jews - and perhaps a majority of Jews - were living in their homeland. Before the collapse of the Roman Empire, Jerusalem was destroyed and hundreds of thousands of Jews were forced into exile. Even today, a majority of Jews live outside of Israel. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Daniel 2:32-33:

32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze,

33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.

Edom would be toppled and humbled

Bible prophecy: Jeremiah 49:16
    Prophecy written: Sometime between 626-586 BC
    Prophecy fulfilled: About 100 BC

In Jeremiah 49:16, the prophet said that Edom, a long-time enemy of Israel, would be destroyed. Edom's capital city, Petra, was carved out of a mountain side and had great natural defenses. Nonetheless, it was destroyed and the kingdom of Edom no longer exists. Today, Petra is part of Jordan. The city was conquered by the Romans in the year 106 AD but flourished again shortly after that. A rival city, Palmyra, eventually took most of the trade away from Petra and Petra began to decline. Petra gradually fell into ruin. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Jeremiah 49:16:

The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks, who occupy the heights of the hill. Though you build your nest as high as the eagle's, from there I will bring you down," declares the Lord.

Egypt would never again rule over nations

Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 29:15
    Prophecy written: Between 593-571 BC
    Prophecy fulfilled: Since the time of Ezekiel about 2500 years ago

In Ezekiel 29:15, the prophet says that Egypt would recover from a desolation (perhaps Babylon's attack about 2600 years ago), but that it would never again rule over other nations. Up until the time of Ezekiel, Egypt had been a world power for centuries, dominating many nations, including Israel. But for most of the past 2500 years, Egypt has been controlled by foreign powers, including the Romans, Ottomans and Europeans. Today, Egypt is again an independent nation, and it has always been an impressive nation. But since the time of Ezekiel, it no longer rules over other nations. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Ezekiel 29:15:

… I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

The Jews would avenge the Edomites

Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 25:14

In Ezekiel 25:14, the prophet said that the Jews would one day take vengeance on Edom, a nation that had often warred with the Jews. When Ezekiel delivered this prophecy, he and many other Jews were living as captives in Babylon. They didn't have control of their own country, let alone anyone else's. But, about 400 years later, Jews regained independence for Jerusalem and the surrounding area during the "Hasmonaean Era or Period." During this time, the Jewish priest-king John Hyrcanus I defeated the Edomites. According to the Columbia Encyclopedia, Fifth Edition: "Edomite history was marked by continuous hostility and warfare with Jews… At the end of the second century B.C., they were subdued by Hasmonaean priest-king John Hyrcanus I…" - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Ezekiel 25:14:

I will take vengeance on Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they will deal with Edom in accordance with my anger and my wrath; they will know my vengeance, declares the Sovereign Lord.'"
  • Premeer
    Options
    http://www.about-jesus.org/coincidence.htm

Was it just a coincidence?

By G.R. Konig
    About-Jesus.org

During the first century of this era, about 2000 years ago, there were a number of interesting events involving Christianity:

• The writing of the Bible ceased
    • Christianity was evangelized throughout the Roman world
    • Christians were martyred for their beliefs
    • The practice of Judaism was forced to change
    • The pre-Christian sin atonement ceremony stopped working

This article will explain the significance of these events, and show how they reaffirm the Christian acknowledgement that Jesus truly is who he said he was. In fact, each of these events would be difficult to explain if Jesus wasn't who he claimed to be.

The writing of the Bible ceased

During the first century of this era, Jesus announced that he was the fulfillment of scripture. And the writing of the Bible, which had spanned as many as 1,500 years from the lifetime of Moses until the death of John the Apostle, had come to a close.

Jesus, who is the subject and purpose of the New Testament, proclaimed in Matthew 5:17, John 4:25-26, and in other verses, that he was the Messiah promised by the Old Testament writers. In effect, he was announcing that the process of writing the Old Testament was already finished.

Why is this significant? Because, if Jesus was not who he said he was then he would have had no way of knowing, for sure, that Malachi would be the last and final book of the Old Testament.

After all, Malachi never said he was writing the last and final book. And for that matter, none of the Old Testament writers ever said that the Old Testament / pre-Messiah era would come to an end before the first century, or that it would not continue into the first century or beyond.

The fact is, though, the history of the writing of the Bible reaffirms Christianity:

• The Old Testament, and its 39 books, were written over a period of time spanning as many as 1,000 years, from the time of Moses through the time of Malachi. Malachi lived about 400 years before Jesus. The Old Testament has hundreds of prophetic verses that spoke of a future Messiah.

• The New Testament, and its 27 books, were written during the first century, during the lifetimes of the eyewitnesses and contemporaries of Jesus. The New Testament was written by people who acknowledged that Jesus is the Messiah.

• History has never provided us with another messiah or new testament that was ever widely embraced by people over a sustained period of time.

Was it just a coincidence?

If Jesus was not the Messiah, or if ? was not controlling the writing of the Bible, then we could expect a lot of different scenarios involving the writing of the Bible. For example:

• If Jesus was not the Messiah who was being promised by the Old Testament prophets, then why didn't ? continue to raise up prophets, as he had already done for many centuries, and let us know who the real Messiah was?

• If the New Testament was not the true continuation and fulfillment of the Old Testament, then where is the real New Testament and why hasn't it become widely accepted as being the word of ? ?

• And if there was no ? controlling the writing of the Bible, well, then anything could have happened. We could have dozens or hundreds of competing Old Testaments. We could have dozens or hundreds of internationally, or nationally, or regionally, or locally accepted messiahs, scattered throughout the world, each claiming to be the fulfillment of scripture.

Christianity was evangelized throughout the Roman world

During the first century of this era, there were evangelists who claimed to be eyewitnesses of the resurrected Jesus. These people, including Paul and the Apostles, were willing to travel throughout the Roman world, by land and by sea, to evangelize a religion that wasn't legally recognized by the Roman government.

Paul, in particular, was willing to travel thousands of miles to evangelize in the name of Jesus, whom Paul claimed to have seen with his own eyes, to people throughout western Asia and southern Europe.

And, as we learn from the Bible's book of Acts, he continued to travel and evangelize even after being beaten and flogged, shipwrecked and injured, arrested and imprisoned, pursued by mobs and threatened with death.

Why is this significant?

Many of first evangelists were in the unique position of being able to know, because of what they had seen with their own eyes, whether Jesus truly had been resurrected. We can't interview them today. We can't interrogate them. And we can't hook them up to a polygraph test. But, we can look at their actions in the context of history and realize that something incredible must have been motivating them:

There was a risk in being an evangelist:

• There was a risk in evangelizing Christianity. It wasn't legally recognized by the Roman government. We know this from secular history and we know this from Acts 16:20-21, in which Christianity is described from a Roman point of view as "customs unlawful for us Romans to accept or practice."

• Many of the first evangelists were Jewish, and Jews were sometimes treated with prejudice within the Roman world. We see examples of this within the writings of Tacitus, a first-century Roman historian. We also see two possible examples of prejudice directed against the Jewishness of Paul in Acts 16:20 and in Acts 19:34.

And there was a risk in becoming a Christian:

• Christianity, at least initially, was so new that it often meant that converts would be breaking away from the beliefs of their parents, their siblings, their friends, their neighbors, their co-workers and their employers.

And Christianity was very different:

• Christianity is inflexible, exclusive, and non-syncretic, whereas the religions of the ancient world were very willing to change, include and combine.

• The Roman world was full of fertility-cult religions and other practices that grew out of traditions from Greece, Egypt and Mesopotamia. Christianity was very different than what people were accustomed to.

Despite these and other obstacles, the first-century evangelists were able to promote a religion to people who had never encountered a religion like Christianity before. And these evangelists were able to do this through evangelism, a method of promotion that many people had never encountered before.

The first-century evangelists provided the foundation on which Christianity later became the first religion to spread to each of the world's inhabitable continents. Even today with the widespread use of worldwide mediums of television, radio and the Internet, Christianity continues to be the only religion with a truly significant and influential presence on each of the continents.

With these things in mind, consider the following Bible verses:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, - Matthew 28:19

... It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth. - Isaiah 49:6.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations... - Matthew 24:14a.

Christians were martyred for their beliefs

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So was hell a part of ? or what?
  • Premeer
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    So was hell a part of ? or what?
    lol is that really a question? do you think you have a point? exactly, what point are you even trying to make.. what way are you trying to criticize ? now? im not understanding what you are even implying.
  • Premeer
    Options
    100 Prime wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    We never say we know everything.

You guys are the ones who knows ? is behind the scheme of things

? outta here.

yes you do.. if you dont act like you know everything then why you act like the possibility of ? is impossible. you talk about it as if you know for a fact ... then come up with crazy theorys every other month and try to pass them off as facts.

one truth never changes.. the other changes constantly... which truth are you going to rely on.. the truth thats been proven right time and time again. Gods word has never been proven to be wrong.

I never said that. I said I'm a probablility man. It's possible for a ? but not probable.

I never said he was impossible. I disbelieve in any gods, ghosts, orges, meremaids, lochness monsters and etc.

There is a possiblility that they exists but it ain't probable.

Prove ? then I will believe

lol how can a functioning brain come from nothing.. it would take a power / functioning mind to create a functioning being.. our existence itself is proof of ? .

to say we just appeared here with a working mind and body is like saying a computer makes itself,
    @oceanic

so how did a comprehensive functional being come from nothing.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dangerous thinking man
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    lol is that really a question?
    Yes.
    do you think you have a point?
    Yes I do.
    exactly, what point are you even trying to make..
    Youd know if yo weren't too busy being a smart ass and actually thinking
    what way are you trying to criticize ? now?
    I asked a question, please point out the criticize, or explain why you personally feel criticized.
    im not understanding what you are even implying.
    Is hell a part of ? or is hell 'outside' of ? ?
  • Premeer
    Options
    hell is the devils domain. boom. now run along.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    hell is the devils domain. boom. now run along.
    So ? created hell, the devil's domain, okay, so this place exists 'outside' of ? , or is a part of ? ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're making your own interpretations, Sheol is translated to hell, it's the same word. The idea, however, has been tweaked.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We never say we know everything.

You guys are the ones who knows ? is behind the scheme of things

? outta here.

yes you do.. if you dont act like you know everything then why you act like the possibility of ? is impossible. you talk about it as if you know for a fact ... then come up with crazy theorys every other month and try to pass them off as facts.

one truth never changes.. the other changes constantly... which truth are you going to rely on.. the truth thats been proven right time and time again. Gods word has never been proven to be wrong.

I never said that. I said I'm a probablility man. It's possible for a ? but not probable.

I never said he was impossible. I disbelieve in any gods, ghosts, orges, meremaids, lochness monsters and etc.

There is a possiblility that they exists but it ain't probable.

Prove ? then I will believe

lol how can a functioning brain come from nothing.. it would take a power / functioning mind to create a functioning being.. our existence itself is proof of ? .

to say we just appeared here with a working mind and body is like saying a computer makes itself,
    @oceanic

so how did a comprehensive functional being come from nothing.

We didnt come from pure nothingness but besides that, modern humans evolved and were not created.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://100prophecies.org/page11.htm

Bible prophecies fulfilled:
    Biblical prophecy fulfilled by nations around Israel, including Egypt and Edom

This selection of prophecies from the Bible involve ancient nations that interacted with the land of Israel during ancient times.

The commentaries below are from the second edition of the book, 100 Prophecies, by George Konig and Ray Konig, who are the authors and copyright holders of the material. The commentaries are reprinted here with written permission from the authors. All rights reserved. The third edition, revised and expanded, of 100 Prophecies: Ancient Biblical prophecies that foretold the future is available through Amazon.com.

Daniel predicted the four great kingdoms

Bible prophecy: Daniel 2:32-33
    Prophecy written: About 530 BC
    Prophecy fulfilled: Throughout history

In Daniel 2:32-33, there is a prophetic passage that symbolically identified the four great kingdoms that would rise up and control much of world, beginning in Daniel's lifetime. The passage uses symbolic imagery:

1. The head of gold, as Daniel explained, refers to the Babylonian Empire that ruled much of the world about 2600 years ago.

2. Daniel said that the head-of-gold empire would be followed by an empire symbolized by arms of silver. Christian scholars have often interpreted this to refer to the Medo-Persian Empire which later conquered the Babylonian Empire. The scholars say that the two arms refer to the two groups - the Medes and the Persians - who comprised the Medo-Persian Empire.

3. The third kingdom was symbolized by the statue's belly and thighs of brass. Some scholars believe that this is a reference to the Grecian Empire, which conquered the Medo-Persian Empire. The symbol of a belly and thighs of brass suggests that the kingdom was to start out as a united empire but end up as a divided empire. Under the leadership of Alexander the Great, the Grecian Empire was a united empire. But after Alexander's death, the empire was divided up.

4. The fourth symbol - that of iron legs and feet that were part iron and part clay - has often been suggested to be a reference to the Roman Empire, which later conquered the Grecian Empire.

These four kingdoms ruled over much of the world, and each of the four ruled over the land of Israel during times in which a significant number of Jews - and perhaps a majority of Jews - were living in their homeland. Before the collapse of the Roman Empire, Jerusalem was destroyed and hundreds of thousands of Jews were forced into exile. Even today, a majority of Jews live outside of Israel. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Daniel 2:32-33:

32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze,

33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.

Edom would be toppled and humbled

Bible prophecy: Jeremiah 49:16
    Prophecy written: Sometime between 626-586 BC

In Jeremiah 49:16, the prophet said that Edom, a long-time enemy of Israel, would be destroyed. Edom's capital city, Petra, was carved out of a mountain side and had great natural defenses. Nonetheless, it was destroyed and the kingdom of Edom no longer exists. Today, Petra is part of Jordan. The city was conquered by the Romans in the year 106 AD but flourished again shortly after that. A rival city, Palmyra, eventually took most of the trade away from Petra and Petra began to decline. Petra gradually fell into ruin. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Jeremiah 49:16:

The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks, who occupy the heights of the hill. Though you build your nest as high as the eagle's, from there I will bring you down," declares the Lord.

Egypt would never again rule over nations

Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 29:15
    Prophecy fulfilled: Since the time of Ezekiel about 2500 years ago

In Ezekiel 29:15, the prophet says that Egypt would recover from a desolation (perhaps Babylon's attack about 2600 years ago), but that it would never again rule over other nations. Up until the time of Ezekiel, Egypt had been a world power for centuries, dominating many nations, including Israel. But for most of the past 2500 years, Egypt has been controlled by foreign powers, including the Romans, Ottomans and Europeans. Today, Egypt is again an independent nation, and it has always been an impressive nation. But since the time of Ezekiel, it no longer rules over other nations. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Ezekiel 29:15:

… I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

The Jews would avenge the Edomites

Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 25:14

In Ezekiel 25:14, the prophet said that the Jews would one day take vengeance on Edom, a nation that had often warred with the Jews. When Ezekiel delivered this prophecy, he and many other Jews were living as captives in Babylon. They didn't have control of their own country, let alone anyone else's. But, about 400 years later, Jews regained independence for Jerusalem and the surrounding area during the "Hasmonaean Era or Period." During this time, the Jewish priest-king John Hyrcanus I defeated the Edomites. According to the Columbia Encyclopedia, Fifth Edition: "Edomite history was marked by continuous hostility and warfare with Jews… At the end of the second century B.C., they were subdued by Hasmonaean priest-king John Hyrcanus I…" - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Ezekiel 25:14:

I will take vengeance on Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they will deal with Edom in accordance with my anger and my wrath; they will know my vengeance, declares the Sovereign Lord.'"
    tumblr_lzcskiVdvZ1qgu7bjo1_500.jpg
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @100 Prime

If I shut off my lights in my room.

Does it mean everything I can't see, doesn't exist?
  • edwardnigma
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    You're making your own interpretations, Sheol is translated to hell, it's the same word. The idea, however, has been tweaked.

No ? , your making ? up.
    I know about this and sheik is not hell.

Hell is a whole different concept.

Sheol predates Hell as well as the bible.

Sheol is where the dead went.

Sheol is suppose to be beneath the earth.

At the time people believes in Sheol, they believes the sky/heavens was.where.the Gods resided.

Notice I said GODs ,that's not a typo.

Sheol is before the bible and before monotheism.

Its when people believed in gods

VIBE stop talking out your ass

My source is trombone book Heaven a history and the part two, Heaven and hell a history.

They also site their sources in the book, which is from archeological evidence .

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since when is 54 warm of course never
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lay term for nothing is different from Physicist term for nothing.

Remember that.
  • edwardnigma
    Options
    I don't believe death is the end I believe its truly lifes other door.

Its part of our existences,a procedure within existence.

Just my feelings and thoughts on it.

To answer the question, I would fear not existing more then anything else.

Existence is the gift of ?