13»

Comments

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    I don't think ? truly realize.... Bruce Lee was superhuman

? that Dragon: Bruce Lee Story.. the true stories of Bruce Lee's physical prowess have no room for exaggeration

Bruce's fighting style was "martial arts" in its purest form.. formless

he beat traditional fighters because he didn't do all the posing and telegraphed strikes.... he hit people hard and fast from any and every angle
    and you can't block strike that you can't see coming

and lets not forget Bruce was 10 times stronger than a man his size should be, he had control over his reflexes and he had a high pain threshold from the strict exercise regiment he put himself through

they said he could snatch a penny out yo hand and replace it with a ? dime before you could close your fist

I believe that in his lifetime Bruce Lee did reach HIS goal of peak physical perfection when he was in his prime

I'm not tryin to nut ride the man, but you gotta give dude his props... he transformed himself into the fighter he always wanted to be

yeah he the GOAT, and I don't think any fighter in history could beat him in a fair one
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bruce lee will always be the GOAT
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bruce lee was about that life
  • vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    http://youtu.be/VwLC5gjYYXc

• Mr. 66Hundred
    I'm ridin with Bruce all the way... he was the coldest ? alive

youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I heard Bruce Lee trained his cheeks and jaws and could bite down with the ferocity of a pitbull. He was unmatched in the dog fighting arena's as well. He is the greatest dog fighting champion who never fought a dawg.

G.O.A.T. Roooof!!!
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    I heard Bruce Lee trained his cheeks and jaws and could bite down with the ferocity of a pitbull. He was unmatched in the dog fighting arena's as well. He is the greatest dog fighting champion who never fought a dawg.

G.O.A.T. Roooof!!!

you know damn well Bruce Lee would whoop a dog's ass smh kick that ? through a wall....

• thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I watched a documentary on Bruce where they had video footage of him losing a fight on a rooftop in china so he did have losses and wasn't unbeatable
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched a documentary on Bruce where they had video footage of him losing a fight on a rooftop in china so he did have losses and wasn't unbeatable
    before he evolved.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I don't think ? truly realize.... Bruce Lee was superhuman

? that Dragon: Bruce Lee Story.. the true stories of Bruce Lee's physical prowess have no room for exaggeration

Bruce's fighting style was "martial arts" in its purest form.. formless

he beat traditional fighters because he didn't do all the posing and telegraphed strikes.... he hit people hard and fast from any and every angle
    and you can't block strike that you can't see coming

and lets not forget Bruce was 10 times stronger than a man his size should be, he had control over his reflexes and he had a high pain threshold from the strict exercise regiment he put himself through

they said he could snatch a penny out yo hand and replace it with a ? dime before you could close your fist

I believe that in his lifetime Bruce Lee did reach HIS goal of peak physical perfection when he was in his prime

I'm not tryin to nut ride the man, but you gotta give dude his props... he transformed himself into the fighter he always wanted to be

yeah he the GOAT, and I don't think any fighter in history could beat him in a fair one

In my humble opinion i believed Bruce Lee accomplished what a human need to Master physically and spiritually that when accomplished what he need to do on earth it was his time to move on.
  • LightYearzAhead
    LightYearzAhead Members Posts: 66
    Don't forget, if Bruce were still alive, his fighting skills would be far advanced then it was back then.

Far as Steven, he runs like a ? , so I can't take him seriously, plus anyone can look superior at martial arts when your human props stand still and fight back in slow motion.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Don't forget, if Bruce were still alive, his fighting skills would be far advanced then it was back then.

If Bruce Lee was still alive today he would be dead lol

that ? would be old as ? and he damn sure wouldn't be fightin

• LightYearzAhead
    LightYearzAhead Members Posts: 66
    edited December 2012

If Bruce Lee was still alive today he would be dead lol

that ? would be old as ? and he damn sure wouldn't be fightin

True! I'm talking about before old age crept up on him. Can you imagine how advance Jimi Hendrix would of been at his guitar playing, too?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if were talking films yes he is...he set a standard

if we talkin actual fighting there are plenty of men who have testified to gettin knocked out or who has seen bruce knock other people out in street fights or sparring to validate his trillness

lil known fact is bruce lee used to be a street fighter in china. him and his martial arts class mates used to meet up with other dojos and fight ...one day he knocked the ? outta some kid ...turns out the kid was the son of the police chief and he came looking for bruce ....bruce father gave him money and sent him off to seattle

I dont think anyone can name the greatest martial artist off camera of all time....but can anyone vouch for segals trillness....sylvester stallone said he didnt want it with van damme at his house
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A GREAT THREAD GUYS, A DAMN GREAT THREAD one of the best..............after this thread runs it course, hopefully this thread goes plat, i like to make on in the weight room to discuss BRUCE LEE more, and talk about his The Art of Expressing the Human Body, his philosophy, Jeet kun do, and other things.

Beyond his martial arts and acting abilities, Bruce Lee's physical appearance and strength were truly astounding. He achieved this through an intensive and ever-evolving conditioning regime that is being revealed for the first time in this book. Drawing on Lee's own notes, letters, diaries and training logs, bodybuilding expert John Little presents the full extent of Lee's unique training methods including nutrition, aerobics, isometrics, stretching and weight training.

About the Author
    John Little is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on Bruce Lee, his training methods, and philosophies. Little is the only person who has ever been authorized to review the entirety of Lee's personal notes, sketches, and reading annotations. He is the Associate Publisher of Bruce Lee magazine and the managing editor of Knowing is Not Enough, the official newsletter of the Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Nucleus, the official Bruce Lee martial arts organization. Little's articles have appeared in every martial arts and health and fitness magazine in North America including Muscle and Fitness. He is the author of The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee, and co-author of Power Factor Training, The Golfer's Two-Minute Workout, and Static Contraction Training for Bodybuilders. A native of Canada, John is an expert in the fields of martial arts, bodybuilding, and physical conditioning.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOAT thread.

Martial arts is a life style/philosophy its not about trophies and ? , that ? pollutes the art
    and invites nothing but vain glory hounds doing the minimal to receive public recognition.

Bruce Lee was one of the GOATS and there are many out there. His GOAT status came because he
    lived his life as a master student so his skills would seemingly never peak or become stale and predictable
    always reforming and evolving.

Thats all that can really be said. I never saw him fight...so I must rely on the testimony of men who experienced
    him NH.