Denim/Jean heads... I need help asap

Options
Demarco27
Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Fashion Forward
WTF is up with all the new cuts of jeans?? Its like everytime i try to go cop some denim all the jeans are cut like skinny jeans. I grew up in the baggy jean era, but obviously im not trying to rock them old joints.

Its like a ? damn near need a tailor just to buy some jeans. There seem to be only nuthugging skinny-type cuts.

Im not with the denim leotard look, so what options do i got? Buy em a couple sizes bigger? Is there a certain cut thats relaxed? IM this close to actually hiring a tailor for real.

Summer just past so i was mostly rocking cargo shorts.

**mods** would of posted in FF, but lets be honest, its dead. So please let this breathe for a min.

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    True ? . Skinny jeans ? ' up the market.

Can barely find any jeans nowadays that's not "regular" or "straight leg".

Never thought I'd miss Rocawear jeans but this skinny jean movement is makin' a ? do just that..
  • Demarco27
    Options
    I asked the lil ? ? @ Macys and he basically said all the urban lines have basically switched to Euro styles except for LRG and Sean John.

Im the type that cares more about comfort over brand name when it comes to jeans. But they aint leaving a ? no options
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    I asked the lil ? ? @ Macys and he basically said all the urban lines have basically switched to Euro styles except for LRG and Sean John.

Im the type that cares more about comfort over brand name when it comes to jeans. But they aint leaving a ? no options

In that case, buy LRG and Sean John jeans.
  • Demarco27
    Options
    Lol...that can't be the only option my dude. That limits where i can shop at. I can't be the only ? with this problem, so im curious how other people handle it
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well u got True's (Billy cut), Diesel's (Zathan cut), Cult of Individuality's (Haagan relaxed cut).. these are all bootcut relaxed jeans that should be fitted enough for u but not really "tight" or anything, and u can always size up 1 if u aint comfy.

They bootcut so they'll go over ur kicks and not squeeze ur ankles and ? ... but if u dont wanna spend upwards of $180 on jeans or whatever there's always Levi's (527 cut).. u could just size up 1 on those cuz they might be a bit tight to you.. but yeah.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get the basics w Levi's
    Just get straight cut (501)
    Or if u wanna slim down a lil get slim-straight (514)

Then u can get the premium denims later which have more designs and washes
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well u got True's (Billy cut), Diesel's (Zathan cut), Cult of Individuality's (Haagan relaxed cut).. these are all bootcut relaxed jeans that should be fitted enough for u but not really "tight" or anything, and u can always size up 1 if u aint comfy.

They bootcut so they'll go over ur kicks and not squeeze ur ankles and ? ... but if u dont wanna spend upwards of $180 on jeans or whatever there's always Levi's (527 cut).. u could just size up 1 on those cuz they might be a bit tight to you.. but yeah.

wow..a normal response from benji, I'm impressed.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kat, as big of a CB fan you're im surprised u didnt realize I only troll/talk ? in Donkey and the PowderRoom (which has become an ext of Donkey), oh and the FF when im shittin on Cap B.. Other than that I stay on topic in any other forum I post in and very rarely partake in any fuckery. True story.

@? .. them jeans u mentioned too tight on the bottom and aint goin over nuffn unless u wearing some chuck's or vans or sumn.. son aint gonna ? wit that.. just sayin.
  • Demarco27
    Options

Appreciate it my dude. So bootcut is the most relaxed fit? Im trying to get my knowledge of the fits up so i can just cop online,the easy way
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slim straight joints are my jeans of choice. Anything else is uncivilized
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah, bootcut sounds like what ur lookin for.. although they are diff kinds of Bootcut jeans, regular and slim, I usually go with slim but u might prefer regular.. like I said if u want sumn affordable and practical, go with Levis 527's, thats slim bootcut, but they have a relaxed fit bootcut as well, dont know the style number tho.. but just ask and they'll tell you. Plus Levi's is sold everywhere so im sure ur Macy's a have em.. or u could check the Levi's website as well.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    569 levi's it sounds what your looking for or 501's.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you are probably shopping somewhere weird. Every department store carries ALL styles of Jeans. you can't go wrong w/ Levi's. just look at the # and the tag and they tell you right ? there what style they are. i get the 559's or 569's both of those are loose fitting. i also got a couple of Nautica jeans that i really like. both are loose fit. Pretty much any brand that isn't jnco or whatever michael Jordan wears is gonna have a regular sized jean and call it "loose fit"....i don't even ? with anything that says "relaxed fit" because i can't relax in them at all.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theres always Burlington or Marshalls for that old fashion cut
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    Try express

LOL! WTF! express to me is the worst place to shop. But I am 6'2" 230 So that ? aint made for me.

Levi's and Sean John. I forgot the kind that shrink fit but I get those two sizes too big. They shrink down but not around the waist alot. So I have my mother in law take in the waist.

But watch out for Glamour sizing. Glamour sizing is when it is really a XXL but they label it a XL (tall) or something like that. Most business casual places do that. Dockers are true to fit. American Rag and Buffalo usually have some straight leg jeans online (Macys.com) but not in stores. LEVI outlet stores are the best place to get a great deal on Jeans too.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAN YO BEST BET IS TO GO TO MACYS OR WHOEVER SELLS A LARGE VARIETY OF LEVIS AND TRY THEM.. THEY GO MANY DIFFERENT CUTTS, SO YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM THERE
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    Try express

LOL! WTF! express to me is the worst place to shop. But I am 6'2" 230 So that ? aint made for me.

Levi's and Sean John. I forgot the kind that shrink fit but I get those two sizes too big. They shrink down but not around the waist alot. So I have my mother in law take in the waist.

But watch out for Glamour sizing. Glamour sizing is when it is really a XXL but they label it a XL (tall) or something like that. Most business casual places do that. Dockers are true to fit. American Rag and Buffalo usually have some straight leg jeans online (Macys.com) but not in stores. LEVI outlet stores are the best place to get a great deal on Jeans too.

see im tall and slim, its the only place I can get some jeans that fit nicely without getting it hand made
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    express? aint that a women's clothier?
  • Demarco27
    Options
    good drops folks....
    MobTown wrote: »
    569 levi's it sounds what your looking for or 501's.

Yeah it looks like these are the roomiest...where they need to be roomy at.
    I officialy feel like an old head tho. This sum ? ..lol
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    you are probably shopping somewhere weird. Every department store carries ALL styles of Jeans. you can't go wrong w/ Levi's. just look at the # and the tag and they tell you right ? there what style they are. i get the 559's or 569's both of those are loose fitting. i also got a couple of Nautica jeans that i really like. both are loose fit. Pretty much any brand that isn't jnco or whatever michael Jordan wears is gonna have a regular sized jean and call it "loose fit"....i don't even ? with anything that says "relaxed fit" because i can't relax in them at all.

This...if you are in the woods just go to Levis.com. They range from super skinny to relaxed.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    try nautica relaxed fit..those the only jeans i wear
  • double jay
    double jay Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Options
    Tru Religion "Rickeys". I'm 6'2, 200. These will treat any size dude right.
  • UrbanScribe
    UrbanScribe Members Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i only get bootcut 7s at this point.. Antik fits nice and R&R they not too tight antik denim is heavier though.. R&R denim is kinda dry too.