Any house music fans/producers?

Options
LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Fresh Produce
I just about finished the first draft of a new track. I'm still fairly bad at the genre, but I am improving a lot. Nexus helped me step my game up tremendously. Check this out let me know if you like it or not.

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not House, that much is for certain. It's closer to Trance, more along the lines of Progressive than anything else.

I can see it getting played in clubs these days though.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's not house...House is mad big over here in London these days...I'm not really a fan...I like music with lyrics...But it gets the hoes movin'...dancin' to house, you see some extreme moves...they call it 'cuttin' shapes' or 'shapeshiftin''...

House is more like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQcFPJ1Fc0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEN2sjbRtjE
  • LUClEN
    Options
    then wtf did i make..?

:/
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...you made some trance/dance bruh...no biggie...A lotta the big named house ? (no MLK) are from the US...? is quite easy to pick up..listen to a buncha house tracks and you'll get the hang of it...
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, T/S, what you using to produce these beats? I've been into DNB for quite sometime and I'm looking to make some music for private listening purposes. I was checking out FL Studio but I'm not sure.

Any info is appreciated, good looks in advance
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can anyone break down the subgenres for me. what makes what what
    i cant tell the difference between say Dubstep or "progressive" i can kinda tell what Trance is when i hear it but i dont know what makes it Trance as compared to others.
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The following descriptions are that of Doc's interpretation and should not be taken as the definitive for each genre discussed

Dubstep incorporates more "wobble" like bass. The drum track of the song usually "stutters", in a sense, somewhat like break beat tracks. More often than not, a dubstep track will start with a synth intro, few kicks, and a song sung by some chick. When it drops, its all wobble and hard kicks. Dubstep tracks are usually a lil bit more "complex" in their structure compared to the latter two. Skrillex, Dieselboy and Noisia are examples of artist who either dabble or work with this style

Progressive...think of it as new age music. You will know it when you hear it. I really can't explain progressive as much for I don't listen to it but I know it when I hear it. Ironically this genre can sometimes be combine with Trance for its sounds usually are "light" and fits in with the structure of Trance music. I have no example artist to give for this sound.

Trance is similar to House and Techno, they both have that kick on every bar (just in case you don't understand, there's normally 4 bars to each beat...the kick will go, thump,thump,thump,thump. Which is similar to the signature west coast sound except that they go every other beat, which is 1 and 3). But instead of the "happy lets love each other" music that usually accompanies a House track, Trance incorporates more an ambiance in its sound. So in a sense, its not as "congested" as House music. The only trance artist I can think of is Paul Oakenfold
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    The following descriptions are that of Doc's interpretation and should not be taken as the definitive for each genre discussed

Dubstep incorporates more "wobble" like bass. The drum track of the song usually "stutters", in a sense, somewhat like break beat tracks. More often than not, a dubstep track will start with a synth intro, few kicks, and a song sung by some chick. When it drops, its all wobble and hard kicks. Dubstep tracks are usually a lil bit more "complex" in their structure compared to the latter two. Skrillex, Dieselboy and Noisia are examples of artist who either dabble or work with this style

Progressive...think of it as new age music. You will know it when you hear it. I really can't explain progressive as much for I don't listen to it but I know it when I hear it. Ironically this genre can sometimes be combine with Trance for its sounds usually are "light" and fits in with the structure of Trance music. I have no example artist to give for this sound.

Trance is similar to House and Techno, they both have that kick on every bar (just in case you don't understand, there's normally 4 bars to each beat...the kick will go, thump,thump,thump,thump. Which is similar to the signature west coast sound except that they go every other beat, which is 1 and 3). But instead of the "happy lets love each other" music that usually accompanies a House track, Trance incorporates more an ambiance in its sound. So in a sense, its not as "congested" as House music. The only trance artist I can think of is Paul Oakenfold

yo. my man pots & pans. this should be a wiki entry lol.
    much appreciated & co-sign that wobble description. I did a "dubstep impression" on stage once & killed just by comparing it to a generator & all the sounds Timbaland makes but forgot to use

i used to call Trance music you take ex to and after a while you dont care who touches you. Icky lol i noticed House is a lot less ethereal and seemingly more structured
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    So we were pretty much on same page from the gate...

gangsta
  • LUClEN
    Options
    While FL studio is what people usually recommend to newbies i think a DAW choice should be based on your pc power

What kind of computer are you running?