BAD BOYS 3 ?

rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I still love the first movie, good backdrop, nasty villain and a comedic turn on the cop buddy partnership played by two Black upcoming actor comedians in the early 90's . . .

The second one was awful IMO.

Eight years after the first one you'd expect a better script and these ? to have shown some maturity but the pacing of the film, its villain and worse of all the photography and editing were wack and you thought to yourself, wasn't it the same director? Even the comedic side was meh

Men In Black III showed you could end a trilogy on a high in Will's case so is an idea for BB/III cool or is the idea dead in water?

Your thoughts ...

BAD BOYS 3 ? 28 votes

Yay
60%
lion_heartplaymaker88rapmastermindsouth4lifeGot Em ShookCopperqtipp73af.r.i.c.a.illestni99ainneAlready Home_17StoneColdMikeynumbaz...80's babyBuilt 4 cuban linxLos216CashmoneyDuxJ. Willmanofmorehouse 17 votes
Nay
39%
clairvoyanceIbex1CK1SIdiopathic JokergoldenjaYoung GunnerVader_F_KennedyCottonCitySlimMrSoutCityericb4prezflt810stone 11 votes

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nay
    Won't be one & if they do release it both ? will be on "I'm to old for this ? " lethal weapon status!!!
  • rip.dilla
    Will still jumping around in sci-fi flicks with his seed in that new movie so why can't he buss his guns in an action flick?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    bad boys 2 was a little over the top but i enjoyed it
    i guess a third one would be cool depending on the plot
  • rip.dilla
    south4life wrote: »
    I want to see how everything ends.
    Will should be married to Martin's sister, Gabrielle Union and they have a kid or two; Martin's kids should be in College or married and it should be surrounded on them both getting ready to retire and the boss asks them to do one more job.

I actually like Bad Boys 2, it had some funny scenes and some quotes that people use still like "Wu-sah" or "The Devil is not welcome Heerree" or "We Ride Together, We Die Together, Bad Boys For Life" and "That's That ? "

The bolded seems possible but ain't it awkward ? your main man's sister?

Even in reality?

LOL
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I'm all for a 3rd. I'm tired of waiting honestly. they been talking about this movie for years now. I loved the 2nd but I agree it's not better than the first
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I agree the second one was meh...thought they couldve done without Gabrielle Union but i understand at the time she was the 'hot' black actress....

would like to see one of the as the Sgt. or Captain and the other on his way out the door...they havent been on the scene together in a while but some villian leaves no choice but to do it one last time...no huge explosions like in 2, keep it simple, funny, and gritty and that ? could be GOAT status...

And maybe one young cat but not too much screen time...and not too involved in the plot
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »
    I want to see how everything ends.
    Will should be married to Martin's sister, Gabrielle Union and they have a kid or two; Martin's kids should be in College or married and it should be surrounded on them both getting ready to retire and the boss asks them to do one more job.

I actually like Bad Boys 2, it had some funny scenes and some quotes that people use still like "Wu-sah" or "The Devil is not welcome Heerree" or "We Ride Together, We Die Together, Bad Boys For Life" and "That's That ? "

You left out the biggest one of all: "? just got real."
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    I thought they were already planning a 3rd

I heard Will is in talks for Independence Day 2 and 3
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    If martin lawrence loses weight

All he gotta do is smoke some more sherm and he'll sweat that weight right off
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    if Lethal Weapon and Beverly Hills cop can go 4, 5 6 films deep bad boys can go 3
    but it really should depend on the villian...martin and will gonna have good chemistry regardless..but they need a bad ass villian ...Ving Rhames/djimon honsuou maybe....as a ruhtless drug lord
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited January 2013
    this villain gotta be the worse yet... the audience gotta beg Will and Martin to ? this ?

he should be a ? /child trafficker and kidnap Marcus's daughter.... Mike and Marcus's sister are expecting their first child....

.... but then again I dont think there's much humor in that premise
  • Copper
    Yay
    or it could be a family thats the head of the drug ring....
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Yay
    1st "Bad Boys" part 1 is a Classic and Michael Bay's 1st film. "Bad Boys II" is a Fan Classic, but it had it's flaws. It was a little too long. It was over the top in spots? sure but the Action was great, the budget was bigger and the jokes were even funnier. Movie as people have said created a lot of quotables. There should be a "Bad Boys III" to finish off the trilogy. New Drug Lord but make him ruthless. Plus you have to have the relationship/partnership drama aspect as they both are getting older. So the Stakes have to be even higher than the 1st two. Bad Boys for their budget have done very well at the Box Office. And have done well on DVD and home video.

You can't tell me a "Bad Boys III" won't be a hit. Especially when as people have said, Lethal Weapon went to 4 and even Die Hard is on 5 now. "Bad Boys" is a fan favorite cause Martin and Will both had Classic TV shows and they were teaming up and had amazing chemistry. You felt like they were brothers. It worked, it was also the 1st time Two Blacks were casted in a lead for a action film.

After "Bad Boys", Will and Martin's careers got huge boost. Martin movie career took off and he was making mad films and Will became the Biggest Box Office Star in the world. Say what you will about Bay, he knows how to make a blockbuster, he's already one of the highest grossing directors ever. So a "Bad Boys III" is a no brainer for everyone's career. Will got a movie coming up and Bay is doing "Transformers 4". Martin is doing a few things. They all need to get together and have this out by Summer of 2015 or 2016. All I know is they need to get Mark Mancina back to do the score, he killed it on Bad Boys part I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9qsxTGHnT8
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed both bad boys. nh.

Will be looking for the third one. Prolly not in theaters tho.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    No the first one is awful in comparison with the second one.. you smoking

ill check for the 3rd
  • Copper
    Yay
    pairing martin and will up was genius...there chemistry was great on screen and during interviews/publicity for the film you actually got the feeling they could be brothers or best friends...this is what will said about BB3 back in may

As for whether there will be a Bad Boys 3 with co-star Martin Lawrence, he confirmed:

"I talked to Martin [Lawrence] about that a couple of weeks ago. Martin is into it and we got a couple of screenplays and the story's gotta be right."