When its all said and done Tom Brady will be the greatest QB of all-time..........

Comments

• bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Brady Has a better record in AFC/NFC championship games and has won with lesser defensive teams

His three superbowl wins he had top notch defenses.

Good vet Ds...but no first ballot HOFers. maybe T.Law??? Harrison used PEDs seymour has fallen off. Wilfork is yet to be seen.. Montana had much better supporting cast...And people leave out joes time in KC
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when you had to have HOFers to be a elite defense and the best head coach in the league.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady Has a better record in AFC/NFC championship games and has won with lesser defensive teams

Bruh when the Pats won in 2003 they had the #1 defense in the league, number two wasn't even close to them numbers wise Or talent wise, I remember cause the Cowboys were ranked #2 that year.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

Bruh when the Pats won in 2003 they had the #1 defense in the league, number two wasn't even close to them numbers wise Or talent wise, I remember cause the Cowboys were ranked #2 that year.
    In terms of points allowed...

The #6 defense in 2001
    The #17 defense in 2002
    The #1 defense in 2003
    The #2 defense in 2004

The #17 defense in 2005
    The #2 defense in 2006
    The #4 defense in 2007
    The #8 defense in 2008
    The #5 defense in 2009
    The #8 defense in 2010

The #15 defense in 2011
    The #9 defense in 2012

The only time Brady hasnt had a top 10 defense in his career is 2002, 2005 and 2011, with 5 of 12 seasons having a top 5 D.

By the way...

2001: 8th in turnovers
    2002: 14th in turnovers
    2003: 2nd in turnovers
    2004: 3rd in turnovers

2005: 31st in turnovers
    2006: 4th in turnovers
    2007: 9th in turnovers

2008: 20th in turnovers
    2009: 12th in turnovers
    2010: 2nd in turnovers
    2011: 3rd in turnovers
    2012: 2nd in turnovers

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no superbowl rings since spygate
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeeeeh.... About that.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the 342 Peyton threads last week questioning his legacy or if he's a GOAT, calling him overrated repeating the same sound byte about 11 playoff losses after 1 game he put his team in position to win.

Will people be prisoners of the moment wit Brady or are ? gonna wait to be told what to think as usual?
  • bigrizz
    As a pats fan im disappointed but i realize that no team has gotten to the superbowl back to back for twenty years...well since the pats did it. There are about twenty teams that getting to the conference championship game would be an accomplishment. NE fans are spoiled, but also have alot of haters
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited January 2013
    2007 Patriots average 37 PPG. Score 14 in a Super Bowl loss.
    2009 Patriots average 27 PPG. Score 14 in a Wild Card home blowout loss.
    2010 Patriots average 33 PPG. Score 21 in a Divisional home loss against a team they beat 45-3 the month before.
    2011 Patriots average 32 PPG. Score 17 in a Super Bowl loss.
    2012 Patriots average 35 PPG. Score 13 in a AFC Championship home blowout loss.

? the Patriots.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited January 2013
    By the way, the media and people need to come to their senses about this team choking year in and year out. Just cause the HC and QB won Super Bowls 8-11 years ago doesnt give them a pass.

They have became to the last 5 years what the Colts were in the 2000's, the 49ers were in the 90's and what the Falcons have been the last 3 years. Choke City.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, the media and people need to come to their senses about this team choking year in and year out. Just cause the HC and QB won Super Bowls 8-11 years ago doesnt give them a pass.

They have became to the last 5 years what the Colts were in the 2000's, the 49ers were in the 90's and what the Falcons have been the last 3 years. Choke City.

They are THE most successful team of the last decade. LOL @ choke city
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    no superbowl rings since spygate

FACTS!

And outplayed by Flacco two years in a row in the Division Championship game

21oow0y.jpg

• almighty breeze

No No No

You cant bet against Brady

The Patriots have been here before they just know how to get the job done in THEE National. Football. League

This team. This organization. This coaching staff is just always so prepared. From the 3 Superbowls. The Superbowl Appearances. This ball club is just always ready to go out and win football games

• PanchoYoSancho
    edited January 2013
    coop9889 wrote: »

They are THE most successful team of the last decade. LOL @ choke city
    They've been the favorite in every single postseason game since '07. And 3 out of the last 4 seasons they had their season ended at home and should've lost all four.

And with the Broncos losing in the Divisional to Baltimore, the Pats have had home field advantage 3 years in a row and only went to 1 Super Bowl and lost.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the 342 Peyton threads last week questioning his legacy or if he's a GOAT, calling him overrated repeating the same sound byte about 11 playoff losses after 1 game he put his team in position to win.

Will people be prisoners of the moment wit Brady or are ? gonna wait to be told what to think as usual?

I definitely think Brady losing this game HELPS Peyton's Legacy....

Believe it or not, before this playoffs, I told myself: Whoever gets to this superbowl between the 2 gets the edge as goat...

After the Broncos lost, I all but conceded Brady is better, even though I'm a huge Peyton fan and hate Brady...

But Brady loss to these same Ravens... And it wasn't close... The Ravens needed a MIRACLE to beat Denver.... They beat pats convincingly..

So, when you factor in Brady hasn't won a superbowl since spygate, I have them about even all time now.

Manning could be the Goat if he wins 2 more super bowls
  • bigrizz
    edited January 2013
    Lol @ hasnt won since spygate but been back to two superbowls and the AFC championship....Name another team thats done that since. Raven only been to one until this one, but they get no hate....Pats get too much hate
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the hate really

Coz bmore have one championship in a decade
    Have lost in the afc championships twice
    And the divisional round

Yet people just want to hate the pats

come on dog ... u cant be that naive to not understand why folk hate New England.... arrogance, ? (the coach/and fans a lot of the times) u have the tuck rule that never was eva called until that game, u got spy gate, u have them throwing hissy fits and pouting instead of giving interviews, u have Brady crying every time he gets hit, and u have them talking cash money ? they cry when teams return the favor ie Baltimore,Seattle, and the Jets. u have the lily white perception of them ass well (like Duke and Notre Dame) Belichek is a great coach, Brady is a great qb.. but this is why folk hate them
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL@ Pats fans real humble in here now ...Ravens got a chance to win more Super Bowls in the future while the Pats era is officially over.Brady is old and no one is intimidated by the Pats LOL ...All that ? that Pats fans talked all season ? the Patriots
  • VulcanRaven
    Yo Pats are really on their bitchassness right now
    Crying like Cuba Gooding ...ol "you think you tuff huh" in the face looking ?
    Yall be right back in the play offs cause of that weak ass division and will once again get that ass whooped
    Heres a quarter ...use it to upgrade that roster kid
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear u but I'm tellin u why folk dont like them.ur opinionbis gonna be different cuz u a fan.
  • bigrizz
    I guarantee everyone that hates the pats wish their team did what they did year in and year out....no losing seasons in almost a decade...Winning breeds hate and envy. Havent won since spygate but still been competitive after it and in two superbowls. Getting in the playoffs is most teams wish....Anything less than SBs if disappointing in NE. Both teams in it havent been there in YEARS.
  • bigrizz
    18 millie in cap space. Belichick is ? off= Bad news for the league
  • VulcanRaven
    I guarantee everyone that hates the pats wish their team did what they did year in and year out....no losing seasons in almost a decade...Winning breeds hate and envy. Havent won since spygate but still been competitive after it and in two superbowls. Getting in the playoffs is most teams wish....Anything less than SBs if disappointing in NE. Both teams in it havent been there in YEARS.
    Um the Steelers, Cowboys, Skins, Raiders, Giants and Niners did all of that and more.LOL @ "Anything less than SBs if disappointing in NE"
    So every season has been a failure before the 3 championships and after the 3 championships and in between?
    So why mention that they made the play offs or SB when they have been losing since spygate?
    Niners have the chance to add one more to their already many ships, but hopefully the Ravens add one more to their list which would put them one behind NE and less time in franchise history than it took the Pats to finally make it to the SB for the first time back in the 90s.
    I could make the argument that if the Colts stayed than the team would have 5-6 championships, but everything past this weekend is irrelevant. Before you know it teen years would have passed and NE still would have not won since spygate.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aint a white person in sight in my "American Dream"

? you talking bout cuh
  • almighty breeze
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I don't understand the hate really

Coz bmore have one championship in a decade
    Have lost in the afc championships twice
    And the divisional round

Yet people just want to hate the pats

come on dog ... u cant be that naive to not understand why folk hate New England.... arrogance, ? (the coach/and fans a lot of the times) u have the tuck rule that never was eva called until that game, u got spy gate, u have them throwing hissy fits and pouting instead of giving interviews, u have Brady crying every time he gets hit, and u have them talking cash money ? they cry when teams return the favor ie Baltimore,Seattle, and the Jets. u have the lily white perception of them ass well (like Duke and Notre Dame) Belichek is a great coach, Brady is a great qb.. but this is why folk hate them

Not to sound biased but Tom Brady is the living embodiment of the American dream

He was not the fastest , not the strongest qb and was picked sixth round in his draft but worked his ass off to become first qb and pretty much one of the faces of the league . He is winner and continues to wanna strive not to be mediocre every season unlike a lot of qbs who play the game . Isn't that what we want from our sports stars? ,Dude doesn't even do offseason ? than most celebrated players in league history.

Fair enough there is spygate but are you gonna sit here and tell me New England is the only team that did videotaping ?

Moreover not to make comparisons but the saints have a pretty similar scandal yet no one makes them as villainous a team as New England .

Then the point about hubris people celebrate the likes of Sherman ,strahan ,namath , moss, bart scott,shannon sharpe, dieon sanders, Terrell Suggs , Rex Ryan etc for being cocky but when it's the pats it's arrogance. It's cool for Joe Flacco or Eli to have an interview about being elite but is that not being cocky ?

Then finally belichick yes he is a bit of a robot but same could be said for coughlin , joey fisher , mike tomlin but people like them. I'm pretty sure when Sean Payton returns there will be bounty gate associated nicknames .

I know I won't change anyone's mind but its a double standard and I think people just hate folks who win alot (or are consistent every season) no matter what .

Nah. You just seeing what you wanna see