Is Anyone Checking For Wii U

Comments

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to get one eventually 3d Mario, Smash Bros, Zelda & Punch out if they make another one means I'll always have to buy their ? , but they bullshitting with the announced line up right now. There is no reason to get it until this time next year.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the video...Raises some good points...Although its not really fair that they tested a current gen game on a next gen console because the game was tailored to the 360 and the PS3...Its just a port on the Wii U
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exclusive Wii U games don't run or look any better. You could say the same thing about the PS3 compared to the 360 and the difference between exclusive PS3 games compared to exclusive 360 games shows a notable difference in favor of the PS3.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the video...Raises some good points...Although its not really fair that they tested a current gen game on a next gen console because the game was tailored to the 360 and the PS3...Its just a port on the Wii U

however at the end of the day what video games are selling the most during this video game recession? Shooting games. If im a video game company and FPS games are flying off the shelves and adventure games are not selling as well (few exceptions) then im going to focus more on how to sell FPS games.

On top of that as cool as the wiimote could be for realistic shooting the traditional controller fps sells miles above what it will sell on the wii. by default im going to put more budget money to mastering the wii version of call of duty 30.5 or modern warfare XXVII. As a 3rd party developer what do i gain in sales from catering to the wii u right now? I gotta make a game that can be played 30 different ways from 7 different controller combinations. And after all that i will get half as many sales a week or year from a wii as opposed to the numbers i could sell on ps3 or 360.

While the wii u will sell decently i don't see it being successful in this current video game market. And as i just put myself into the eyes of a 3rd party video game company i just don't see what gain one would get spending so much money for a game someone might not even buy in bulk for wii u.

• VulcanRaven
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

however at the end of the day what video games are selling the most during this video game recession? Shooting games. If im a video game company and FPS games are flying off the shelves and adventure games are not selling as well (few exceptions) then im going to focus more on how to sell FPS games.

On top of that as cool as the wiimote could be for realistic shooting the traditional controller fps sells miles above what it will sell on the wii. by default im going to put more budget money to mastering the wii version of call of duty 30.5 or modern warfare XXVII. As a 3rd party developer what do i gain in sales from catering to the wii u right now? I gotta make a game that can be played 30 different ways from 7 different controller combinations. And after all that i will get half as many sales a week or year from a wii as opposed to the numbers i could sell on ps3 or 360.

While the wii u will sell decently i don't see it being successful in this current video game market. And as i just put myself into the eyes of a 3rd party video game company i just don't see what gain one would get spending so much money for a game someone might not even buy in bulk for wii u.

Everything is on point especially the bold. I told the fan boys before that no matter how much potential the gamepad has developers will not take the extra time and money to program the screen's integration into the game outside of simple menu navigation interaction. Nintendo themselves need to show what the pad can do, but right now there is nothing remotely impressive about the pad. People love to throw around the word innovation. As I have said countless times, innovation does not mean good/quality and touch screens are nothing new even when gaming is concerned.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Mad Jack wrote: »

Everything is on point especially the bold. I told the fan boys before that no matter how much potential the gamepad has developers will not take the extra time and money to program the screen's integration into the game outside of simple menu navigation interaction. Nintendo themselves need to show what the pad can do, but right now there is nothing remotely impressive about the pad. People love to throw around the word innovation. As I have said countless times, innovation does not mean good/quality and touch screens are nothing new even when gaming is concerned.

Innovation has to have organization and that is what the Wii U lacks. Like you said nintendo doesn't really have practical ways to use the bells an whistles so how do you expect a developer to know?

While the O.G. wii welcomed the new change (At the time) to have motion sensor casual play that was the hot thing , the current wii has not adapted to the current change in the video game market where there are less buyers and a desire for games that play it simple and safe. Simple games as in angry birds and temple run that little kids to adults can play and safe as in brand name series like cal of duty, madden, halo, etc. And those safe games usually have simular controls and are just roster updates or a bunch of new maps but its safe and fun.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited December 2012
    Mad Jack wrote: »

Innovation has to have organization and that is what the Wii U lacks. Like you said nintendo doesn't really have practical ways to use the bells an whistles so how do you expect a developer to know?

While the O.G. wii welcomed the new change (At the time) to have motion sensor casual play that was the hot thing , the current wii has not adapted to the current change in the video game market where there are less buyers and a desire for games that play it simple and safe. Simple games as in angry birds and temple run that little kids to adults can play and safe as in brand name series like cal of duty, madden, halo, etc. And those safe games usually have simular controls and are just roster updates or a bunch of new maps but its safe and fun.

That is why using gimmicks to appeal to the casuals will not work this time around. The masses are done with the Wii and moved on to tablets. They have no interest in a gamepad that is similar to a tablet, but does not have all of the features and iOS or Android that tablets have. The tablets can also be under $300 depending on the features and brand. The people who are ? or the COD crowd as you said don't care to plat those games on the Wii or to use the gamepad. Then besides that, the Wii U whole stats, social, and friend aspects are lacking severely. Both Live and PSN offer awards and keep records of your online play for wins and losses.

The Wii U's online is so unorganized with no game chat (unless it is for that specific game) and many games are not going to the Wii U (Metro), because the CPU is too slow amongst other things. I think the fanboys got carried away with the success of the Wii (which was not competing with the 360/PS3) and thought that Nintendo could finally challenge Sony/Microsoft when it comes to features and hardware. Another thing that made the Wii appealing to the masses was that it was simple and basic. My mother has a Wii (which she never played much) and she does not even know that you can watch NetFlix on it or go online and she is not even interested in that like most casual gamers. The Wiimote was simple in how it worked and was easy to market. The Wii U pad will seem more complex and confusing to the casual market.
  • RespectedGENlUS
    RespectedGENlUS Members Posts: 53
    They can't be doing that good. Not after the numbers XBox put up on black friday. I still like the Wii U though, but then again, I get every game system cuz I think they all have something to offer. Nintendo is for family time to me.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CJ wrote: »
    Anyone copped this ? yet?

^^

To me, the adverts on tv are not even selling it...

I'm looking at it as a family buy more than gaming...

Nobody copped yet?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. My Vita is pretty trill though. Hot shots golf is making me wanna try the sport for real.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion. wrote: »
    I dunno if its just me but this Wii U ? seems like one big ass gimmick. I think initially it will have allot of hype and stores will sell out quick. But i think after 6 to 8 months aint nobody really gunna be checking for it. The Wii went ham last gen and had a demand for around 2 years where stores were sold out or had a low count.

But i think as the video game market has seemed to die down slightly the past for years (as people get more hype over smart phones and tablets) The Wii U just wont be anything special.

The bolded is why I don't think it'll sell as well. Iuno tech companies all over are feeling the pinch not just video games - Dell's numbers dropped, RIM, HP for the very first time took a huge loss, Sony is taking a beating just recently we saw Google see a big drop in earnings too (I think Apple is next :( to feel it). I think w/ Europe (as well as Japan) being in the ? it's one of Nintendo's biggest markets and it's gonna affect their sales. I could be wrong but I think the Wii U may not sell as good this time around. I think it'll be a hit but I don't see it outselling the original Wii.

But ? who knows.... if only I had a crystal ball LOL

Why are economies always in the ? ? Is it due to poor leadership and decisions, or are there flaws in the economic systems themselves?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got this ? a couple weeks ago. i ? with it. i could see it being pretty damn good once these developers get used to the tech
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peagle05 wrote: »
    i got this ? a couple weeks ago. i ? with it. i could see it being pretty damn good once these developers get used to the tech

What's that Zombie U sayin'?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; when Pikmin 3 is released.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 wrote: »

What's that Zombie U sayin'?
    It's worth a pickup, I would say when the price drops though just because it plays more like a survive as long as you can, die and start over thing. There's some story to it but not much. Gameplay is pretty solid, your melee weapon is kinda underpowered but you can get by fine. That ? is stressful as ? when you gotta use the gamepad to look for items or get your inventory straight cuz the game don't pause so you gotta keep your head up.

If I had to score it out of ten I'd say 7.5
  • peagle05
    broddie wrote: »
    Yeah; when Pikmin 3 is released.

March I think is when that drops
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited December 2012
    you wouldn't even know the wii u was in its holiday launch season ? not even being ignant and robbing ? for a wii u nobody got trampled for a wii u and i barely see commercials for wii u or any type of heavy promotion.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Wii-U/Wii-U-Consoles/pcmcat274600050016.c?id=pcmcat274600050016

Hell if you really want a wii u you can add to cart on best buys website that has not happened in any launch since you could buy consoles online late 90's/2000's

sony and microsoft know its too soon for a console/they need to have some big changed but nintendo got greedy after the og wii went ham last gen.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/19/7000-wii-u-consoles-stolen-in-airport-robbery?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ign/news+(IGN+All+News)

7000 Wii U Consoles Stolen in Airport Robbery
    Adventurous thieves nick $2m worth of new Wii U consoles from Seattle airport.

Adventurous thieves have stolen around 7000 Wii U consoles worth around $2m from SeaTac airport in Seattle, USA.

ABC News quotes Sgt. Cindy West, who says " I’ve been a cop for 28 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this. This has come straight out of the movies.” The thieves broke into an air cargo warehouse and made off with 7000 Premium and Basic Wii U bundles worth a total of $2.28million according to Eurogamer's calculation.

The robbers loaded the consoles onto trucks using the warehouse's forklifts sometime between 9pm on Saturday night and noon on Sunday and made off with them. They are expected to have ditched those trucks later on, but the Wii U consoles have yet to surface. Unless the robbers have extremely large families to cater to with Christmas gifts, police expect to see them for sale online.

“If we don’t get any tips ahead of time, it will be the selling of these consoles that will lead to their capture. It’s gonna be pretty hard to hide 7,000 Wii game consoles,” says Sgt West.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited December 2012
    ^^^

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/19/7000-wii-u-consoles-stolen-in-airport-robbery?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ign/news+(IGN+All+News)

7000 Wii U Consoles Stolen in Airport Robbery
    Adventurous thieves nick $2m worth of new Wii U consoles from Seattle airport.

Adventurous thieves have stolen around 7000 Wii U consoles worth around $2m from SeaTac airport in Seattle, USA.

ABC News quotes Sgt. Cindy West, who says " I’ve been a cop for 28 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this. This has come straight out of the movies.” The thieves broke into an air cargo warehouse and made off with 7000 Premium and Basic Wii U bundles worth a total of $2.28million according to Eurogamer's calculation.

The robbers loaded the consoles onto trucks using the warehouse's forklifts sometime between 9pm on Saturday night and noon on Sunday and made off with them. They are expected to have ditched those trucks later on, but the Wii U consoles have yet to surface. Unless the robbers have extremely large families to cater to with Christmas gifts, police expect to see them for sale online.

“If we don’t get any tips ahead of time, it will be the selling of these consoles that will lead to their capture. It’s gonna be pretty hard to hide 7,000 Wii game consoles,” says Sgt West.

lol good luck trina sell all those wii u's dont nobody want them hahaha nintendo lost

and nobody got trampled or robbed personally so this dont count
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll eventually get one. Always wanted to play Mario and Zelda games but not in sub-HD.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coppin mine tomorrow :D \:D/
  • VulcanRaven
    I wonder what took so long? Its not like they were sold out.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    won't your 30+ xbl girlfriends wonder where you went?
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting till the price drop and they start actually dropping "wii U" games and games specifically designed for wii U tech. I havn't bought a system on launch since PS1 and N64. Ever since then it seems like nobody has a good amount of launch titles and systems always have problems they should have fixed before launch.

After the price drop I will be waiting on

GTA 5 (rumor has it, it's not gonna be a port with upgrades. built to wii U tech/power)

Smash brothers

Zelda

Mario

Metroid

The new Metal gear (it's coming back home)

They ? with 3rd party developers heavy again so I'll be waiting on those also.

• VulcanRaven
    Fyi metal gear started on the msx2 ...ground zero will not be on the wiiu.Kojima has never made a game for the Nintendo console.Other games released on the console had nothing to do with him like mgs remake for the GC.GTA will not show up either as it never has before besided the DS.You need to do your homework the WiiU is not getting much third party support