How come a certain poster has not made a thread about the Wii U's sales?

Options
VulcanRaven
VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://news.yahoo.com/nintendo-wii-u-problems-turn-crisis-202924144.html
In just a week, the problems Nintendo’s (NTDOY) new home console is facing have cascaded into something sinister. The traditional post-New Year slump hit Nintendo’s home market in the week ending January 12 and exposed cruelly how weak the consumer interest in Wii U truly is. According to Famitsu, Wii U sales slumped from a pace of 70,000 per week to just 21,000. The ancient PlayStation 3 sold the exact same number of units, which is nothing short of a debacle for Nintendo. The hot portable console 3DS saw its sales slow down from 305,000 units to 106,000 units. This means that Nintendo’s portable machine is now outselling the brand new home console by a 5-to-1 margin in Japan.

Just curious? i mean I don't care about sales, but OUCH.

Also according to vgchartz:
Weekly Hardware Chart 12th January 2013
Platform N. America Europe Japan Global

PS3 32,449 60,922 22,456 138,205
X360 52,141 38,103 748 99,306
WiiU 16,795 11,256 20,912 52,424

Wow talk about losing market share.

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well....om fairness the 3DS was belly floppin....and then they put mario on it....so when they put a new mario game up....the sales number will probably go up
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    LOL According to someone Mario was already selling it. Its not like it did not launch with a NEW Mario game. The Wii is dead so I would expect all of the die hard Nintendo fans to be buying the WiiU immediately.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    LOL According to someone Mario was already selling it. Its not like it did not launch with a NEW Mario game. The Wii is dead so I would expect all of the die hard Nintendo fans to be buying the WiiU immediately.

oh....welp....I dunno...but you know what....folks who've been gaming since the late eighties and early ninties...who didn't see this coming....when you don't release a new and viable franchise since the game you launched on your original console in 87 what do you expect?.....when you base your whole console on a gimmick that would (and did) eventually get old what do you expect?....when you abandon the ? audience for casuals who are not dedicated to the industry what do you expect?....I mean I think the Wii U will sell decent numbers throughout its lifetime..but to bestow the title of monster to Nintendo?...we have to rethink that....N64 flopped...gamecube flopped...Wii caught lighting in a bottle as a console but I believe the software numbers were abysmal except for the flagship franchises....and then you're big selling point is a pad that was somehow that was supposed to improve the experiance of games that were 1 and 2 years old....all of which the reviews were underwhelming,,,and I read the online functionality was still subpar.... come one Nintendo.....and for the record...I'm not a Nintendo hater...I grew up with them.....some of my most cherished memories are with Nintendo....however....lets be serious...we really need to reconsider the labels we put upon them
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

oh....welp....I dunno...but you know what....folks who've been gaming since the late eighties and early ninties...who didn't see this coming....when you don't release a new and viable franchise since the game you launched on your original console in 87 what do you expect?.....when you base your whole console on a gimmick that would (and did) eventually get old what do you expect?....when you abandon the ? audience for casuals who are not dedicated to the industry what do you expect?....I mean I think the Wii U will sell decent numbers throughout its lifetime..but to bestow the title of monster to Nintendo?...we have to rethink that....N64 flopped...gamecube flopped...Wii caught lighting in a bottle as a console but I believe the software numbers were abysmal except for the flagship franchises....and then you're big selling point is a pad that was somehow that was supposed to improve the experiance of games that were 1 and 2 years old....all of which the reviews were underwhelming,,,and I read the online functionality was still subpar.... come one Nintendo.....and for the record...I'm not a Nintendo hater...I grew up with them.....some of my most cherished memories are with Nintendo....however....lets be serious...we really need to reconsider the labels we put upon them

Everyone but ? Nintendo fans say this. LOL Where do they think PS and Xbox fans originated from?
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People bought the wii to use as a exercise machine. After a month no one used it anymore. People aren't going to make the same mistake with the wacku.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hes too busy taking mirror pics with his DS to send to his 30+ XBL girlfriends to make threads
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Its not even a game console
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    lol at the 64 being a flop.
    what universe do you haters live in?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    lol at the 64 being a flop.
    what universe do you haters live in?

I thought so too until I looked up the lifetime sales of the system....32 almost 33 million worldwide. PS1 sold 104 million....so console unit-wise, it flopped, even tho it had some of the most memorable games ever. The software sold great tho.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    33 million from 52 million id a HUGE flop ? plus tje system design and controller sucked more than you do @ the ? parade
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 Focus comes in w titangraph articles, graphs and power points to show the WiiU is selling and is a powerful system.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He forgot because he forgot that ? even came out, just like everyone else.
    Obviously...
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    ? judge the quality of a system by the units sold?
    thats foolish.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    ? judge the quality of a system by the units sold?
    thats foolish.
    Who said it was a bad system? It was actually Nintendo's last good system (Gamecube & Wii were ass). A flop's a flop tho. People say Sony's 1st party titles flopped because of sales, now they wanna say that the sales don't reflect the quality? You're right, it doesn't reflect the quality of a game/console, but it doesn't matter of the game is good or not, little units sold equals flop (and yes, a lot of Sony titles flopped sales-wise).
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    Gamecube and Wii were good systems.
    They just lacked online fun.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The Wii U is what the Wii should have been ......... Current Gen