'Doctor Strange' and 'Ant-Man' Confirmed for Marvel's Phase Three

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
Marvel Studios' Phase Two is right around the corner and has plenty to be excited for, but today there's some veeeeeeery delightful news about Phase Three!

MTV News had a chance to chat with Marvel's President of Production Kevin Feige and he confirmed that we'll see Edgar Wright's (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World) Ant-Man in 2015.

I've known Edgar since our first lunch together at Comic-Con in 2004," he continued. "He asked me what Marvel was doing with 'Ant-Man' — we weren't even a studio then; what a difference eight years makes! It's very much an 'Ant-Man' origin movie from the perspective of Edgar Wright and his co-writer Joe Cornish. It will of course be firmly planted in the MCU, but a different corner than we've seen before.

2833029-phase3_super.png

When asked about other characters, Feige said, "you probably don't have to look too far to guess at the next list of characters we're toying with and beginning to develop." Shortly after, he said Doctor Strange is "definitely one of them."

He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited.

So yeah, Phase Three sounds incredibly promising. Not only will we have Avengers 2, but we'll also have these two films which could potentially bring a drastically different vibe to the bring screen. How do you feel about a Doctor Strange and Ant-Man solo film finally heading our way, Viners?

http://www.comicvine.com/news/doctor-strange-and-ant-man-confirmed-for-marvels-phase-three/145894/

Comments