Options
124»

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Cleveland
    Freudian wrote: »
    Cleveland, it could be argued, has the most passionate fanbase in the country. I'd argue that the Miami sports scene, save for the Hurricane faithful, are the most apathetic in all of sports.

Can't get over the fact that some Heat games last year had a lot of empty seats well into the 3rd quarter. Not to mention the Dolphin stadium is a wasteland. And the Marlins? HA!

Lol I guess you didn't watch that many Canes home games this year.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami because majority of their fanbase are bandwagon fans.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just.....can't..........stay........off........,our.........? .

Y'all should take a listen to espn Cleveland. They got two of them. Cleveland fans have been laughing at our own sports scene way before you lames even took notice. Most of those funny pictures you Internet geeks post are made by people who live in Ohio.

• jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to 2013 All-Star select Kyrie Irving. Yes, it's only his second year....
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland
    Cleveland.

Terrible weather, DIE-hard fans, and ALL ? teams. The last team that was good was the '97 Indians, and Jose Mesa STILL can't come back to the city. I'm sorry, I meant the '08 Cavs....and look what happened there. But what takes the cake for me is the fact that soooomany famous nicknames for sports plays happened against Cleveland at one point or another:

The Drive
    The Fumble
    The Shot
    (To a greater extent) The Decision

Then you add in the vat of ether that is Art Modell taking the team out of cLEAVEland, moving them to Baltimore, and them not only getting to Super Bowl before the Browns ever did, but winning one....and now in position to get a second.

All that adds up to Cleveland getting the only win they seemingly ever had here. Atlanta is a good second, but at least they've won a major title in the last twenty (stops, calculates)....two years.

I have to agree with this. As far as titles is concerned their should be no contest....atleast the Marlins won a chip a handfulla years ago, yeah the braves and chicago bulls ain't won a chip since the 90's but atleast they won then thanks to micheal jordan being a thorn in mark price and them guys side to the cavs coulda won in the 90s.....cleveland ain't had a winner since the 60's and the 2 times they recently had a chance to win jose mesa happen as you mentioned up there, and lebron let the magic upset them in the eastern conference finals and quit on his team the following year vs boston. Browns had chances too but that's why I hate john elway to this day.

Its no comparison to me. Clearly cleveland is cursed
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Cleveland
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    UM games be empty
    Marlin games be empty
    Heat games be empty
    Dolphins games be empty.

But the heat just won a chip
    Marlins in chips and arrogantly blow up their teams the next year
    Dophins ain't won in a while but they the only franchise that's ever had a perfect season and capped it off with a title

Come on now....? attendance, y'all got teams that have balled out recently....its just so many things to do in south beach, that's why people do go to games and just watch it on tv
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Cleveland
    Sorry, I meant "don't" go to the games and marlins "win" chips up their
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atlanta
    caddo man wrote: »
    My pick Miami. I will explain later.

Atlanta ? .

Worst fanbase in the country.
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland

Atlanta ? .

Where does this come from? Everytime i go home i go to a game. What ever is in season. I went to 2 thrashers games. If the falcons are playing you can pay extra to have Freddie come to your seats. My lil girls like to go just for that.

Lets not forget the aints fans with the notorious decorated paper bags. I thought they were gonna pop out this season.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland
    It's easy to be passionate about sports when there ain't ? else going on in the city. I mean, how many times can you really say, "But we got the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?" Besides, Atlanta is the goat college sports event city...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami

Atlanta ? .

Where does this come from? Everytime i go home i go to a game. What ever is in season. I went to 2 thrashers games. If the falcons are playing you can pay extra to have Freddie come to your seats. My lil girls like to go just for that.

Lets not forget the aints fans with the notorious decorated paper bags. I thought they were gonna pop out this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEeLwT7-EI4

Falcons fans are so emotional. LOL!

I cant bag on the whole Atlanta sports scene cause I am a life long Braves fan. (Thanks to Ted Turner)
  • proud_babydaddy
    Options
    Cleveland
    it was a emotional moment. Falcons had the lead and let it go. sometime i think about burning down a home depot (aurthur blank owns home depot). We still got nothing but love for the birds. No losing records since matt ryan been here.

I didnt see one............

2wm2n20.jpg
  • proud_babydaddy
    Options
    Cleveland
    you a braves fan

mihs49.jpg

had to do it before you could get me. Im a braves fan too.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It's been established that transplant-haters are the main problem with sports in cities like Miami and Atlanta so being a transplant-hater living in ATL just means you're apart of the problem.

Kinda like a ? in san fran or ATL talking ? about the "? population". lol

Fortunately for me, I was a Falcons and Braves fan and went to several games before I ever actually took up residence in ATL, so when I moved to ATL I didn't have that typical hate/envy of ATL sports.

Like now I'm in L.A., and even tho I'm a OKC fan I don't overcompensate with my fanship just because this is a city with two rivals in it. I actually respect the *real* sports fans out here. *shrug*
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami
    you a braves fan

mihs49.jpg

I hate going to Braves games with my wife and her fam (all born and raised ATL). They leave early to avoid traffic. WTF is that!

• proud_babydaddy
    Options
    Cleveland
    you a braves fan

mihs49.jpg

I hate going to Braves games with my wife and her fam (all born and raised ATL). They leave early to avoid traffic. WTF is that!

My fam dont i remember my uncle and his fam left before it was over game 1 of the 92 world series. then Damon Berryhill came thru and shut the building down with the 3 run homer. The fireworks went off and everything.