Hip Hop Fans Are the Worst

StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
yAfshRT.png

Comments

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll one up you on where hip hop fans are not only the worst, but completely oblivious to real hip hop

reddit.com/r/hiphopheads

i'm pretty sure the name is supposed to be ironic.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back in the day, young rebellious kids listened to jazz. And the older people said "these kids and their jazz ? !" It happens to all types of music. Somebody says "all this new music is garbage" Some people just feel negativity and gotta project it however they can. But people just gon listen to what they want.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sully wrote: »
    i'll one up you on where hip hop fans are not only the worst, but completely oblivious to real hip hop

reddit.com/r/hiphopheads

i'm pretty sure the name is supposed to be ironic.

i can't with reddit lol smh
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a Ja Rule video too, lmao.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some would argue that Ja is one of the reasons why mainstream hip hip is the way it is.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO that was good
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Them folks on Youtube be like,

"I was born in 1996, but all I listen to is Rakim, Nas, and all the real hip-hop from the 90's. ? I was born in the wrong times. Today's music is ? ! Little Wayne and Drake is ? hip-hop for ? ."

Word. I hate ? like that. Desperate for some internet validation and thumbs up. Like dunny duke, you were 3 years old 1999 how the ? would you know ANYTHING about the 90s except what you HEAR or SEE on VIDEOS & obviously you not gonna watch what you dislike so this fake glimpse of the 90s you got is delusional.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Everything not drake is old school to these people smh
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I'm 12, but I totally get it when Biggie talks about Lex bubbles"
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hip hop fans are not as savvy as fans of other genres - joe budden

and everybody caught feelings when he said that
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the hip hops juvenile nature that keeps the fans delusional
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way to quickly determine a REAL Hip Hop fan is ask them what year was Hip Hop created and to name at least One member of GMF and the Furious Five. if they can't do that, dismiss them as a Hip Hop Hack and dnon't talk with them any further. Last thing we need is a generation of Ja Rule/Drake fans that hate on the Sugar Hill Gang.

you_fail-12825.jpg&sa=X&ei=mwAMUb-qOaS_yQHTxoHIAQ&ved=0CA0Q8wc&usg=AFQjCNFODgkFtJK1u81vbcXV3XDqO08Gvw
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Top youtube comments on hip hop videos:

1. "? Lil Wayne" or some variation of it.
    2. "I will be listening to this in (insert random future year); thumbs up if you're listening to this in (whatever year it currently is)"
    3. "_____ brought me here!!" or some variation of it.
    4. (number of dislikes) people have terrible taste in music (used in relation to the video being watched)

And there's most times an argument in the comments regardless of what the video is.

THANK YOU. My thing is, for what reason tho? Seems like some spam ? . Do these mfs really think they cool for saying some phony ? like that? Maybe gain a few thumbs & after that whats gonna happen?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ ? Lil Wayne being the top comment on 95% of hiphop vids on youtube
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back in the day, young rebellious kids listened to jazz. And the older people said "these kids and their jazz ? !" It happens to all types of music. Somebody says "all this new music is garbage" Some people just feel negativity and gotta project it however they can. But people just gon listen to what they want.

Kinda off topic but a friend of mine is taking a course on Jazz and it's history and he told me that Jazz represented rebellion in the sense that prior to it music was performed with a conductor who essentially led the musicians and the music was written and read. Jazz on the other hand was improvised and did not need a leader or sheet music.

3773498752_266385e5fa.jpg
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Top youtube comments on hip hop videos:

1. "? Lil Wayne" or some variation of it.
    2. "I will be listening to this in (insert random future year); thumbs up if you're listening to this in (whatever year it currently is)"
    3. "_____ brought me here!!" or some variation of it.
    4. (number of dislikes) people have terrible taste in music (used in relation to the video being watched)

And there's most times an argument in the comments regardless of what the video is.

THANK YOU. My thing is, for what reason tho? Seems like some spam ? . Do these mfs really think they cool for saying some phony ? like that? Maybe gain a few thumbs & after that whats gonna happen?

oh yeah I forgot the "inspiring young rap artist who's trying to get heard. please visit my page to hear my freestyle to this beat"
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    and half them folk talkin bout what REAL hip hop is on youtube is most likely suburban white kids, not REAL negroes
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rockwell

I came in this thread to say this
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    ok carlton!

ok brad!
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also on a pac forum and the majority of people there are like this. anything after 96 and mainstream is trash to them. they ? and ? about why hip hop don't sound like it did in the 90s. I just came to the conclusion that fools like this have no idea wtf they are talking about. especially after them fools tried to tell me hip hop started in 89 smh.

meanwhile these ? don't even try to look for the "real hip hop " they claim to want. Cause if they did they would know that hip hop is very much alive. there's plenty of good ? that came out last year. they would know that if they were real hip hop fans and not just complainers. cats like this don't judge songs by the song value itself but the date and the popularity. Don't even group these fools with REAL hip hop fans and what I mean by real hip hop fan is just a person that loves good(subjective) hip hop regardless of when the song came out, the name of the artist or how popular it is. If the ? is dope...it's dope

rant over lol