Big Boi Says Outkast Is "Discussing Some Things" For 20th Anniversary

MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
Big Boi says that an announcement will be made once he and Andre 3000 "map it out."

Big Boi and Andre 3000 are coming up on the 20-year anniversary of their Outkast debut Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, and might have something special in store to commemorate the milestone. During an interview with Power 106's Big Boy's Neighborhood, Sir Lucious Left Foot said that he and Three Stacks are "discussing some things" and that once they decide on what they plan to do, they will make a public announcement.

"We been kind of discussing some things. Once we map it out, we'll make an announcement. But we'll see," he said. "It's 20 years, man. We started out at 15, 16 years old. We made our first album when we were 17 years old. Twenty-five million records later, seven Grammys, I feel great."

Responding to Big Boy's claims that the public is itching for a reunion, the Atlanta, Georgia rapper said, "I definitely want to see it too. We gon' see. Mum's the word right now, but we gon' see."

Big Boi, who recently hopped on remixes of songs featuring Andre 3000, elicited a public response from 3K that clarified that the tracks weren't Outkast reunions. Big Boi touched on Andre giving guest verses to others, stating that it didn't make him angry that he wasn't instead focusing on their group.

"We been making music so long together that our catalog really speaks for itself," he said. "So if you want to branch out and do other stuff and catch different vibes, that's cool. But it's bigger than music. I just think of him as a serial killer, because everything he get on is sharp or whatever. When he do these records, he'll come and be like, 'Hey man, I'ma play something for you.' He'll come to my house and I'll hear the stuff before it comes out."

Big Boi most recently released his sophomore solo album Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors, which debuted at No. 33 with 30,000 copies sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eg7i5hKKjwM#!

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aka Andre answered his voicemail
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be really irratated if I got asked the same questions over and over again by every single person that interviews me
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 it's a 20th anniversary disk with some leftover tracks thrown in... naw that'd be a complete waste of anticipation
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhh Andre 2k finally came back around. Ill give him his stack back when everything is official.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They obviously don't have problems wit eachother...? want them too though..

It's like when a bad bish rejects you so you hope and pray for her downfall and rejoice ery time her and her friends fight...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    No matter how much they say they not beefing, it's like people WANT them to beef and hate each other...? simply can't believe two people can actually stop making music together for a while w/o hating each other's guts
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did they realy sto making music together tho? he did produce a track for sir luciuos blah blah blah left foot
  • heavyrelish
    heavyrelish Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »

It's like when a bad bish rejects you so you hope and pray for her downfall and rejoice ery time her and her friends fight...

Who does that?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who does that?

? ? ...
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this going to be....

Pre Speakerboxxx/The Love Below = they rap on the same track, an actual duo

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below = them basically making 2 albums but put together as a package

Idlewild= on the same album but only on a couple of songs together

It would be dope if this was an actual Outkast album (pre Speakerboxxx/The Love Below) and not something they just threw together because of outside pressure.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

They might not have problems with eachother but Dre is still a ? who thinks he's too good for Big Boi. That's clear.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast is done B. I would love an Outkast album but these dudes can't get on the same page for ? ...it seems like these ? aint even in the same ? book anymore. Andre doesn't have the passion to do it...
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a huuuuuuuuge Kast fan but I'll believe it when I see it
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    buttuh_b wrote: »

They might not have problems with eachother but Dre is still a ? who thinks he's too good for Big Boi. That's clear.

Forget the fact that their labels won't let them record together...it's all Andre's fault. ? it, let's get sued by our labels to make the internet happy by making some songs lol
  • buttuh_b
    blackrain wrote: »

Forget the fact that their labels won't let them record together...it's all Andre's fault. ? it, let's get sued by our labels to make the internet happy by making some songs lol

They are allowed to record together though smart guy.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its gonna be a re release with 3 unreleased tracks. Watch
  • StillFaggyAF
    blackrain wrote: »

Jive doesn't exist anymore: the group Outkast is under LA Reid and Epic. there's nothing stopping them from a reunion except Andre 3000
  • buttuh_b
    Cats always wanna make excuses for 3000. This is coming from one of the biggest Outkast fans on this forum.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats always wanna make excuses for 3000. This is coming from one of the biggest Outkast fans on this forum.

Stew got u beat. That ? still putting up Outkast pósters in his room
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Andre 3000 for some reason doesn't want to do the outkast thing anymore, he should think about the fans and do it for them, since they want to see it. Or according to him "they don't know if they love it anymore" what kinda arrogant statement is that.
  • buttuh_b
    I just get tired of 3000 talking. It's like dude, just tell Big Boi you don't ? with him musically any more. I've been to 3 Big Boi shows over the past years and every time he says it's an Outkast album coming.

He should have been dropped a solo album to be honest. If you ain't got the passion for this ? just leave it the ? alone b. It's ? rap fans who enable him by hyping him so much. Big Boi's first week numbers were so disrespectful knowing that 3K lazy ass could drop an album and go gold first week.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Stew got u beat. That ? still putting up Outkast pósters in his room

I once [almost[ slapped a white ? for dropping my Speakerboxxx CD, do that count?