Question for the non-religious posters

Options
2»

Comments

• MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    How do you politely decline an invitation to church?

Just say "no thank you."

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you politely decline an invitation to church? I hate when muhfuckas do this ? and it's usually somebody from work. It puts me in a ? position because I know they genuinely think they're doing something nice. But I'm also not about to explain why I don't wanna go play make believe with some grown ass people, mind ya business hoe. Suggestions? Cause I know it's bound to happen again and again.

and going 2 church is make believe how?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_lyw1nwjkzk1qfm9c9o1_500.jpg

Church girls are freaky... Or so I've heard.

You should give it a try.

...proof that ? exist.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They slick too...first hit you with "Hey what do you have planned for the weekend?"

And if you slip up and say "Ah, I don't really know"

They get that look like

grinch.gif

Cause they know they got you right where they want you

LMAO!! Yeah this brings up memories.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just say you go to bedside baptist.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I accept...then dont show up

*shrugs*

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "No", doesn't hurt.

If they're persistent, then you explain that you aren't into church or religious beliefs.

If you fear their opinions on you, you need to man up.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Tell them you're scared. Last time you went to church you caught an extreme case of the holy ghost and it unfortunately took you a week to recover. Tell them you don't want to put yourself at risk to catch it twice.
  • Bodhi
    edited February 2013
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only people that ask me to attend church with them are church girls I hang with and usually we've already had the conversation about me and their lord and savior.

At that point I'm asked only to be polite so my response is usually equally polite: "Jono you should come to church with me this Sunday" "Nah, no thanks doll. You have fun though" and that's usually the end until she inevitably asks again.

I don't really respond with aggression, I respond more aggressively to offers of ribs and pork chops than church. 99% of the people I associate with regularly are Black, Blacks are highly religious, so its bound to come up in conversation and stuff. Just decline and quickly change the subject.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But...they ARE doing a nice thing. Just tell decline and let them know you ain't into going church, but thanks for the invite. Get some social skills, ? .
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you politely decline an invitation to church? I hate when muhfuckas do this ? and it's usually somebody from work. It puts me in a ? position because I know they genuinely think they're doing something nice. But I'm also not about to explain why I don't wanna go play make believe with some grown ass people, mind ya business hoe. Suggestions? Cause I know it's bound to happen again and again.

and going 2 church is make believe how?

There have been countless threads on that, not really trying to go that route with this one
  • Bodhi
    Options
    haha.. what if your friend you go to church with does all that screaming and fallin out and ? and you're the poor son of a ? that has to catch him/her and fan him/her down with the little MLK church fans cuz its black history month?? It's gonna be mad awkward the following monday at work.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    "I wish I could but I don't want to."
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    Options

NO, Thank You
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NO, Thank You

So the options presented thus far have been:

1) Just say no thanks, short and sweet, then end conversation

2) Say no thanks I don't believe in...

3) Lie

I'm leaning toward #3 unless it's somebody I don't really mess w/ on a daily basis (then I'd go for #1)