Hip Hop Fans Are the Worst

Options
2»

Comments

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm also on a pac forum and the majority of people there are like this. anything after 96 and mainstream is trash to them. they ? and ? about why hip hop don't sound like it did in the 90s. I just came to the conclusion that fools like this have no idea wtf they are talking about. especially after them fools tried to tell me hip hop started in 89 smh.

meanwhile these ? don't even try to look for the "real hip hop " they claim to want. Cause if they did they would know that hip hop is very much alive. there's plenty of good ? that came out last year. they would know that if they were real hip hop fans and not just complainers. cats like this don't judge songs by the song value itself but the date and the popularity. Don't even group these fools with REAL hip hop fans and what I mean by real hip hop fan is just a person that loves good(subjective) hip hop regardless of when the song came out, the name of the artist or how popular it is. If the ? is dope...it's dope

rant over lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    I'm also on a pac forum and the majority of people there are like this. anything after 96 and mainstream is trash to them. they ? and ? about why hip hop don't sound like it did in the 90s. I just came to the conclusion that fools like this have no idea wtf they are talking about. especially after them fools tried to tell me hip hop started in 89 smh.

meanwhile these ? don't even try to look for the "real hip hop " they claim to want. Cause if they did they would know that hip hop is very much alive. there's plenty of good ? that came out last year. they would know that if they were real hip hop fans and not just complainers. cats like this don't judge songs by the song value itself but the date and the popularity. Don't even group these fools with REAL hip hop fans and what I mean by real hip hop fan is just a person that loves good(subjective) hip hop regardless of when the song came out, the name of the artist or how popular it is. If the ? is dope...it's dope

rant over lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA

"no wonder you get D's in every thing"
  • goldenja
    edited February 2013
    Options
    its the curse of being the youngest genre
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it has to do with the fact that Hip Hop is a composite form of music and borrows a lot from other music. Hip Hop was great in the 90s because the people making it were using influences from previous generations. So it was good because it built on a good foundation. Nowadays, the influences for the music coming out is earlier Hip Hop. Problem with that is the music is basically a copy of a copy, so it's intrinsically flawed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Young white kids thinking Ja Rule is "old/real school hip-hop"

tumblr_m4lspmz4nu1rro22oo1_250.gif
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember Soulja Boy saying 50 Cent was old school to him. Meek said Lil Wayne inspired him, and you can see the Waka Flocka and Gucci influences in Chief Keef. All it is is the younger generation expressing themselves. I swear to ? the early 2000 rappers dropped the ball big time.
  • ChicagoBears
    ChicagoBears Members Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate those ? on youtube who are like "GTA brought me here," "Or xyz commerical brought me here." ? ?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja's been rapping for a long ass time. Thinking his career began with "Can I get a" is almost as bad as saying Twista was a nobody until "Overnight Celebrity".
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    I'd say electronic was younger. not sure when that started though
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Them folks on Youtube be like,

"I was born in 1996, but all I listen to is Rakim, Nas, and all the real hip-hop from the 90's. ? I was born in the wrong times. Today's music is ? ! Little Wayne and Drake is ? hip-hop for ? ."

I gave you a GOAT for this.. ? is on point...

I seen a comments like

"Thumbs if you're listening to this in 2013"

And some replies

"? that I'm listing to this in 3013"

Or some ? ? like

"Eminem is hip hop's one n only savior"
  • goldenja
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    I'd say electronic was younger. not sure when that started though

I don't know ? about electronic music lol.

you probably right tho..
  • mackadamon
    mackadamon Members Posts: 59
    Options
    Their babies they don't know any better. To anyone calling themselves hip hop fans young or old your not a real fan of the art if havent done some digging.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mackadamon wrote: »
    Their babies they don't know any better. To anyone calling themselves hip hop fans young or old your not a real fan of the art if havent done some digging.

But to them digging means digging through anything from 1990-1996, cuz that's when 2pac died. I keep telling yall psychologically Biggie & 2pac's death indirectly caused that mixed with the media sensionalism. Give me wack, feelings or whatever but its the truth. Its not like the babies will go dig for KRS, Public Enemy Crash Crew or whatever theyll just dig thru 2pac, Biggie, Snoop Dogg & maybe Wu-Tang & NWA, not that these artists are bad but the culture did not start or end with them.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't have any issues with people born in the mid-late 90's going back and listening to music from before their time, or were too young to remember. Technically anything over 10 years old IS old school. With that said I don't know if I want hip hop to sound like what Ja Rule was making in his prime lol.