Road to WrestleMania 29

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
WMcover3_original_crop_650x440.png?1358126606

The Road to WM 29 thread, discuss matches and what you would want to see. Are the matches good or bad? Who should come out on top?

So far, we have:

WWE Title Match: Rock vs Cena.

Hopefully with this, we see a better match than last years. When Rock faced Cena, I felt he was rusty, but after watching him w Punk, I feel he's stepped it up. I hope their match can live up to the hype.

That's all we have actually set.

I'm sure they'll build up to a HHH vs Brock storyline, this one I hope Brock comes out on top. He needs the heat, especially if they're going w a stable angle for Heyman. If Brock is contracted for the next 2 years, then he needs the win more than HHH.

Talks are a Sheamus vs Orton match for the WHC, with Orton as a heel. If this happens, it's gonna be good. I also hope Ziggler can cash in and finally win that title. Ziggler has had the case the 2nd longest I think, he's for about 6 1/2 months. (longest is Edge @ 9 month)

Hopefully we finally see Ziggler get the title and carry it for a good run.

Ryback will definitely have a match but vs whom is unknown. I don't think it would be good vs Jericho, I don't think it works or fits. Ryback vs Big Show I think would be good.

If Team Hell no hasn't lost the titles yet, I'd like to see them lose it at WM.

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    WWE Championship
    John Cena vs The Rock vs CM Punk

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Alberto Del Rio vs Big Show
    (Ziggler cashes in on winner)

Ryback vs The Shield

Brock Lesnar vs HHH 2

Undertaker vs Kane
    (Undertaker does what Kane did to Taker back in the day, bring him back to the dark side)

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont wanan see cena rock 2 boring .....even worst triple h vs brock ... i wont mind a y2j/punk vs taker
    alberto vs orton vs Sheamus
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    HHH,Rock,Austin & Taker vs Brock & shield

lol wishful thinking

Cena vs Rock & Punk
    Taker vs
    HHH vs Brock
    Rey vs Cara
    Ryback vs
    Sheamus vs
    Orton vs

so many names left Ziggler,Show,Kane,Db,Y2j etc.

hopefully there isnt a gimmick celebertity match
  • VIBE
    Options
    If the Taker vs Punk doesn't go through this year, we might see a triple threat match. It would technically be Rock vs Cena 2 AND Rock vs Punk 2.

If Taker does face Punk and puts Punk over, what does that mean for Punk and his legacy? How does that make you feel?
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Ill riot in my house and might even stop watching wrestling if Punk goes over Taker.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I would preferably want to see Undertakers record go unblemished, the undefeated phenom in WM, and I think it will remain undefeated.

But if its Takers request that he lose his match the CM Punk, then that's possibly the biggest amount of respect I've ever seen in the WWE. If Punk goes over Taker, then his legacy is pretty much cemented. Not even the Legend Killer could do this deed.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Rumor has it Taker been wanted to lose the streak at mania.

i just say if HBK (A GOAT), HHH, Kane aint do it just leave it at that
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumor has it Taker been wanted to lose the streak at mania.

i just say if HBK (A GOAT), HHH, Kane aint do it just leave it at that

i might stop watching that ? if he lose the streak straight up!

• Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Punk already had his time with 434 as champ, beating taker for the streak? that's too much for him all at the same time
  • VIBE
    Options
    As much as The Undertaker has become one of the biggest attractions at WWE’s annual WrestleMania events, the phenom is reportedly questionable for this year’s edition of the show.

According to PWInsider (h/t Wrestling Inc.), there are conflicting reports about when and if Undertaker will return to WWE for the road to WrestleMania 29:

There was talk at Monday's RAW that one of the reasons The Undertaker didn't make an appearance at the Royal Rumble is because he's not so sure that he will work WrestleMania 29 now.

The plan had been for Taker to wrestle CM Punk but WWE officials are still waiting on Taker's decision. There's a feeling among some within WWE that Taker will end up wrestling but the discussion at RAW was they may have to come up with another WrestleMania storyline for Punk.

While this is terrible news for the members of the WWE Universe who have fallen in love with The Undertaker over the years and expect to see him at every WrestleMania, don’t discount The Deadman yet.

If there is an ounce of fight left in The Undertaker’s body when the final stretch to WrestleMania 29 begins, he’ll muster up enough intestinal fortitude to work one more match.

What It Means

If The Undertaker truly does miss the 2013 WrestleMania as reported, it will be a sad day for the sport of wrestling, as one of the greatest streaks (20-0 at WrestleMania) goes undefended.
    There is no question that the veteran could return for WrestleMania 30 and defend the streak once again, but the fact that the WrestleMania 29 card would be missing The Undertaker makes it feel less important.

While the WWE would undoubtedly supplement the lack of an Undertaker match with other huge stars and feuds, nothing could fully make up for the possibility that the Deadman might miss this year’s premier event.

What’s Next?

The report states that the initial plan was to have The Undertaker square off against CM Punk, but now the company must reconsider the long-term booking of the former WWE champion if Undertaker is not coming back.
    If Vince McMahon and The Undertaker are 100-percent confirmed he will not be at WrestleMania 29, now is the time to make the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania a three-way battle between defending champion The Rock, Royal Rumble winner John Cena and Punk.

There is a strong contingent of fans that don’t believe this report and will stick by the idea that it will be Punk unsuccessfully trying to end The Undertaker’s streak at WrestleMania 29, and that is still a very real possibility.

No matter what you believe, it’s easy to see that WrestleMania wouldn’t be the same without The Undertaker.

For more wrestling talk, listen to Ring Rust Radio for all of the hot topics you just can’t miss (some language NSFW).

Listen to internet radio with RingRustRadio on Blog Talk Radio
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    I doubt he'll miss WM at giants stadium
  • VIBE
    Options
    Damn, it's WM 29, Taker has been in 20 WM's.

That's crazy.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    since joining WWF he only missed WM10 (94) & WM2000 ? crazy
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    No one sees what I say might happen, undertaker brings Kane back to the darkside?
  • VIBE
    Options
    Credits to Andrew Casey, "The Undertaker loves the business too much to retire with a legacy that's almost bigger than sports entertainment itself," says a WWE source familiar with the situation.

(no clue who Andrew is, but this is off one of the Facebook wrestling pages I follow, it's always been legit info from them.

So I'm assuming Taker will take the loss from Punk.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If there is a WM Undertaker can skip its this one. He NEEDS to be at 30. If he can skip 29 to be at 30 (which better be at MSG) that's fine with me.

I think a Punk/Undertaker match would be dope. Punk isn't going over though, that shouldn't even be considered. Besides I doubt Triple H is gonna stand idly by for that.

I would much rather Punk/Taker than a triple threat match with Rock & Cena. I personally don't care for triple threats, I'd rather see Rock/Cena II than a triple threat match.

Brock/H is gonna happen and H is going over. There's no doubt about that.

The WHC situation is very interesting because ADR is going very strong but Sheamus, Ryback, Big Show, Orton and Ziggler are all in the picture and could possibly take the title.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill riot in my house and might even stop watching wrestling if Punk goes over Taker.

that was my exact feelings when i was thinkin they might make hhh go over taker a couple years ago
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    taker wanted to go on an end the streak? shoulda let HBK get that
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undertaker reportedly offered the streak to Randy Orton (turned it down), Kane (who turned it down) and Kurt Angle (Vince pulled a switcheroo on the match but he says he would have turned it down). He's not as hung up on it as everyone else is from what I gather.

Considering Undertaker has never been THAT guy, top guy I mean, this is seen as something unique to his character and nobody wants to take it. I believe he will retire with the streak intact because Vince, Stephanie nor HHH want to face the backlash of him losing even if its his idea. Its a sacred cow of sorts.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    damn, seem like the ? who care least about the streak is undertaker lol, but it is unique to him, him losing it wouldnt take away his legendary triple og status but, i think it'd be goat if he just gon leave it at 20-0, if he just insists on losing it and cementing someone else, i say punk or orton would be the two top people, maybe rock, i would say kane but i see him as a upper midcarder instead of str8 main eventer now
  • VIBE
    Options
    It's still unknown if Taker wants to wrestle, he says he does want to and he wants Punk to retire him 20-1.
  • VIBE
    Options
    It's unsure because he might change his mind.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anybody end the streak its gonna Vincent Kennedy McMahon dammit! cause he made the Undertaker and I could just him ? Taker out of his streak with several interferences/a special guest ref just so he can go out as the most hated man in sports entertainment whenever he does decide to pass things off to HHH