So wtf happened to Alicia Keys fanbase, wasn't this chick a multiplatinum pop chick a while back?

Options
13»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Her last album was pretty weak IMO, the one before was dope but yeah this one wasn't very good...

She been trying to look white lately, I thought it was a scheme to expand her fanbase to having more white people like her or whatever, perhaps it backfired though I dunno...

2568259-alicia-keys-girl-on-fire-617x409.jpg
    alicia-keys-album-cover-girl-on-fire-01.jpg

A woman with a white mother looking white? You don't say?
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    she needs to hurry up and come out with a sex tape.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alicia keys still relevant
  • ChicagoBears
    ChicagoBears Members Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    /\/\...She fell off b, trash...damn that twerk gif making a ? go...

tumblr_md2p2sGqGo1qlqp3ho1_r1_400.gif
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's honestly just like what happened to Brandy. Everyone loved her....until her personal life came out. The baby out of wedlock, the car accident, the whole Scientology thing. Black folk that were her main fan base disowned her for that. I thought that was ? , cause it should be about the music and nothing else, but it is what it is.

Same thing here. People are looking at her personal life and judging the music on that. Not that this should matter. However, the overall QUALITY of A. Keys's music has drastically decreased in recent years, so that adds to it.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nnahhhhh ? dont compare her to Brandy

did Brandy even ever have a solid fanbase ?
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brandy fell off on her own.Even Monica Fell Off.after her bf killed himself etc...after that her career is barely above water
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I could give a ? about her personal life and ? Fire is a great album. People who hate on it, probably heard only single material, which apparently is the worst. Besides title track, everything is on point here - smooth, restraint and adult material, we got used to hear from her.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    She needs to retire already because her voice did years ago.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unless you adele or taylor swift aint no women selling like that hell Beyonce last album aint even plat yet i think. or should barely be plat

When Beyonce states a release date, ? get their ? pushed back.

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe alicia wasnt really that good to begin with..

ive been listenin' to her since that track she had on the shaft sndtrk and yea she blew me away then but her music hasnt really aged well..

maybe she's one of those 'best days are behind them' artist. only time will tell..