Do you think Sandy Hook was faked?

1235»

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know someone who personally knows James Mattioli (one of the kids). She was distraught that day. Trust me, these kids are dead as ? . The gubment is definitely using this to carry out their own conspiracy tho (disarming citizens).
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen that vid.. and I'm lost.. not saying no kids died that day, but damn, that vid is type suspect..
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, Im pretty sure them crackaz is really dead bruh lol
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot speak on losing kids. I have 2 & was there for the birth of both of them. I am what my wife likes to call an "Emotional Wall" (more blessing than curse). I will tell you with the 1st that I cried like a 12 YO girl with a skinned knee and ? , it was uncontrollable. With my 2nd I remember telling myself to not be such a lil ? this time around but I still cried like a 12 YO girl with a skinned knee and ? . All that said; the father laughing and smiling before the interview is a little disconcerting as well as the funeral photo. On top of all of that, why didn't any of the other parents chin check him? Like WTF is with all the laughs and smiles.

Not sure what to make of it but that sticks out. And to the folks saying it is shock or whatever I don't believe it cause I was mentally prepared on my 2nd child and I still acted like a ? .

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that, like with all things, moderation is key here. Is Sandy Hook a full-blown conspiracy? Most likely no. But is everything that has been reported as "official" true? Well, I have my doubts, and I think that some of these doubts are substantiated. It's clear that there are many unresolved issues with this tragic event, so to disregard some of these "alternative theories" simply because you're offended or emotionally invested in the "official" story would be a mistake imo. I think that some interesting points are being raised by these "conspiracy theorists." Of course, some idiotic points are beings raised as well...
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jennifer Sexton. Google this ? and you'll change your mind whether this is a conspiracy
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Jennifer Sexton. Google this ? and you'll change your mind whether this is a conspiracy

I decided to take you up on that challenge and i haven't found a credible news source outside of conspiracy sites that aren't very numerous. This entire conspiracy screams NRA pr department.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    FuriousOne wrote: »

I decided to take you up on that challenge and i haven't found a credible news source outside of conspiracy sites that aren't very numerous. This entire conspiracy screams NRA pr department.

The sites he mentions, are talking about this woman, Jennifer Greenberg-Sexton :

dv50d06a6f.JPG

jennifer-greenberg.jpg

supposedly being this woman, James Holmes' attorney Lisa Damiani

072312_james_ftr_spl419919_001120723163047.jpg

James-Holmes-court-hearing.jpg

Holmes-Damiani-3_s640x427.jpg?73b8e21685896c3f2859310aaa5adb253919b641
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I know someone who personally knows James Mattioli (one of the kids). She was distraught that day. Trust me, these kids are dead as ? . The gubment is definitely using this to carry out their own conspiracy tho (disarming citizens).

Forgive me but I laughed @ the bolded
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    This entire conspiracy screams NRA pr department.
    believe it or not, a Sandy Hook conspiracy theory is too much for the NRA to sign onto

• blackamerica

Conspiracy site? Lmao. Ofcourse no mainstream site is goin to expose a government cover up. Id trust any "conspiracy site" over any mainstream outlet. That alone shows your most likely an idiot who believes everything the government tells you (the same government who's history is built on lies). Facts are facts. The Sexton family popped up as the Soto family in the Sandy hook incident. Jennifer Sexton is a PAID ACTOR and you can YouTube her audition tape set a few years back. Too many inconsistencies.

The real problem is the media KNOWS ? like you wont do any research and will discredit any thought of a conspiracy before looking at the facts.....
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

Conspiracy site? Lmao. Ofcourse no mainstream site is goin to expose a government cover up. Id trust any "conspiracy site" over any mainstream outlet. That alone shows your most likely an idiot who believes everything the government tells you (the same government who's history is built on lies). Facts are facts. The Sexton family popped up as the Soto family in the Sandy hook incident. Jennifer Sexton is a PAID ACTOR and you can YouTube her audition tape set a few years back. Too many inconsistencies.

The real problem is the media KNOWS ? like you wont do any research and will discredit any thought of a conspiracy before looking at the facts.....

Come on bro. Stop the madness.
  • janklow
    wait, what research did the conspiracy theorists do? declare two white women to look alike?

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can't look-a-like, it's impossible, we all know this fact.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    wait, what research did the conspiracy theorists do? declare two white women to look alike?

LOL......
  • janklow
    VIBE wrote: »
    People can't look-a-like, it's impossible, we all know this fact.
    someone seems to be forgetting how ancient scientists genetically engineered all white people to look alike in order to facilitate them creating havoc

• blackamerica
    janklow wrote: »
    Its not only the white lady my dude. The whole Sexton family reemerged as the Soto family in a whole different tradegy. I cant be responsible for lazy ? not doin they research.

Facts are facts
  • cobbland
    There were plenty of things regarding 9-11 that were never "officially" cleared up, like his for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRA0NKQ0k6E
    Reuters statement on false claim it used old video

September 20, 2001 Posted: 4:04 PM EDT (2004 GMT)
    Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com
    Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article

Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
    View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site

Reuters rejects as utterly baseless an allegation being circulated by e-mail and the Internet claiming that it circulated 10-year-old videotape to illustrate Palestinians celebrating in the wake of the September 11 tragedies in the United States.

The videotape in question was shot in East Jerusalem by a Reuters camera crew on September 11 in the immediate aftermath of the attacks on the United States. The footage was broadcast by CNN and other subscribers to the Reuters video news service.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/reuters.statement/index.html

CNN statement about false claim it used old video
    Brazilian university statement says no fact to original claim

September 20, 2001 Posted: 4:02 PM EDT (2002 GMT)
    Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com
    Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article

Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
    View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site

(CNN asks that you copy and e-mail this statement to whomever asks about it.)

There is absolutely no truth to the information that is now distributed on the Internet that CNN used 10-year-old video when showing the celebrating of some Palestinians in East Jerusalem after the terror attacks in the U.S. The video was shot that day by a Reuters camera crew. CNN is a client of Reuters and like other clients, received the video and broadcast it. Reuters officials have publicly made the facts clear as well.

RESOURCES
    Reuters statement on false claim it used old video

The allegation is false. The source of the allegation has withdrawn it and apologized. It was started by a Brazilian student who now says he immediately posted a correction once he knew the information was not true. This is the statement by his university -- UNICAMP -- Universidad Estatal de Campinas-Brasil.

Again, please read this -- and copy it -- and send it to anyone you know who may have the false information. Thank you.
    OFFICIAL STATEMENT by Universidad de Campinas-Brasil

17/09/01

UNICAMP (Universidad Estatal de Campinas-Brasil) would like to announce that it has no knowledge of a videotape from 1991, whose images supposedly aired on CNN showing Palestinians celebrating the terrorist attacks in the U.S. The tape was supposedly from 1991, and there were rumors that the images were passed off as current.

This information was later denied, as soon as it proved false, by Márcio A. V. Carvalho, a student at UNICAMP. He approached the administration today, 17.09.2001, to clarify the following:

-- the information he got, verbally, was that a professor from another institution (not from UNICAMP) had the tape;

-- he sent the information to a discussion group e-mail list;

-- many people from this list were interested in the subject and requested more details;

-- he again contacted the person who first gave him the information and the person denied having the tape;

-- the student immediately sent out a note clarifying what happened to the people from his e-mail list.

The original message, however, was distributed all over the world, often with many distortions, including a falsified by-line article from the student. He affirms that a hacker attacked his domain. Several E-mails have been sent on his behalf and those dating from 15.09.2001 should be ignored.

Among the distortions is the fact that UNICAMP would be analyzing the tape, which is absolutely false. The administration considers this alert definitive and will be careful to avoid new rumors.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/cnn.statement/index.html
    Propaganda Watch

CNN Used 1991 Film To Incite Against Palestinians

Posted: 26 Jamad-u-Thani 1422, 14 September 2001

CNN showed Palestinians cheering the death and destruction of 11 September. The scenes were repeated throughout the day and around the world to sow hatred against the "callous" Palestinians.

Now it turns out that it used footage from 1991 and just claimed that it was today's footage. A contributor to CounterPunch (edited by Alexander Cockburn) reports that he and his colleagues had compared this tape with one from 1991 showing Palestinian cheering, and found them to be identical. Here are excerpts from that letter by Marcio A. V. Carvalho at State University of Campinas - Brazil:

"All around the world we are subjected to 3 or 4 huge news distributors, and one of them - as you well know - is CNN. Very well, I guess all of you have been seeing (just as I've been) images from this company. In particular, one set of images called my attencion: the Palestinians celebrating the bombing, out on the streets, eating some cake and making funny faces for the camera.

Well, THOSE IMAGES WERE SHOT BACK IN 1991! Those are images of Palestinians celebrating the invasion of Kuwait! It's simply unacceptable that a super-power of communications as CNN uses images which do not correspond to the reality in talking about so serious an issue.

A teacher of mine, here in Brazil, has videotapes recorded in 1991, with the very same images; he's been sending emails to CNN, Globo (the major TV network in Brazil) and newspapers, denouncing what I myself classify as a crime against the public opinion. If anyone of you has access to this kind of files, search for it. In the meanwhile, I'll try to 'put my hands' on a copy of this tape.

But now, think for a moment about the impact of such images. Your people are hurt, emotionally fragile, and this kind of broadcast have very high possibility of causing waves of anger and rage against Palestinians. It's simply irresponsible to show images such as those."

Marcio A. V. Carvalho State University of Campinas - Brazil.

ACTION ITEM:

Contact CNN at: public.information@turner.com, community@cnn.com, Mike.Hanna@turner.com, Eason.Jordan@turner.com, Gerald.Levin@twi.com, RickDavis@turner.com

In polite but firm letters denounce the act and demand an explanation and corrective action.

For more on this issue you can visit the following discussion list which has arguments and counter arguments from all sides. http://www.chicago.indymedia.org/print.php3?article_id=4395.

It should be noted that CNN response on this has been ambivalent. They angrily denied it to some people who emailed them while said that they will issue a response later to others. Still others have not received any response from CNN.

According to one posting on the list whose URL is given above, a person received the same account (that the tape was indeed old) from another independent source in Germany.

Even if it turns out that the news of some celebration was true, its use by CNN, without balancing commentary, was clearly malicious and was meant for propaganda purposes. To reverse the tide of support for the Palestinians who have been oppressed by the apartheid state of Israel for too long.

http://www.albalagh.net/current_affairs/film_palestine.shtml
  • Plutarch
    ^^^ very interesting (at least one of your links is broken btw), but snopes says otherwise. apparently, it was cleared up to some extent?

snopes.com/rumors/cnn.asp

1. Osama Bin Laden's name came up in the video. It's unlikely his name would've came up if that video took place in 1990 or 1991.

2. There are also cars in the video that were made after 1991.

3. The guy who made the accusation that the video was ten years old has since reversed his claim.
  • cobbland
    Plutarch wrote: »
    ^^^ very interesting (at least one of your links is broken btw), but snopes says otherwise. apparently, it was cleared up to some extent?

1. Osama Bin Laden's name came up in the video. It's unlikely his name would've came up if that video took place in 1990 or 1991.

3. The guy who made the accusation that the video was ten years old has since reversed his claim.

The chicago.indymedia.org story link is broken and their archives are currently down.

The college student who stated the video was from the 90s, originally claimed that CNN and several other news channels used video footage from a celebration that is unrelated to what happened on 9-11. Maybe he was threatened to change his original story or he wasn't being truthful all along.

There was an uproar over the US and Israel walking out the World Conference Against Racism prior to 9-11, so Reuters being in the area isn't a surprise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1523600.stm

What is odd: if Palestinians in East Jerusalem were celebrating an attack that took place in New York from 8:45am -9:03 am EST (when the 2 planes hit the towers), would they be doing the celebratory ? dance in daylight (since Israel is 7 hours ahead of New York)? Unless the footage of them celebrating was taped and shipped out within minutes of international news feeds broadcasting the towers falling.

New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, September 11, 2001 at 9:15:00 AM EDT UTC-4 hours
    Jerusalem (Israel) Tuesday, September 11, 2001 at 4:15:00 PM IDT UTC+3 hours
    Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, September 11, 2001 at 13:15:00

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20010911T0915&p1=179&p2=110&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&p8=&p9=&p10=&p11=&p12=

And on that day, the sun set in Israel at 6:50 pm.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=110&month=9&year=2001&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The economy must real ? if the government got to recycle actors.
  • Plutarch
    edited February 2013
    cobbland wrote: »
    Plutarch wrote: »

The chicago.indymedia.org story link is broken and their archives are currently down.

Oh, props.
    The college student who stated the video was from the 90s, originally claimed that CNN and several other news channels used video footage from a celebration that is unrelated to what happened on 9-11. Maybe he was threatened to change his original story or he wasn't being truthful all along.

Certainly possible. I hoenstly think he being truthful about something that looked true, but was later proven as false, and he reversed his position as a result. But the rumors continued regardless.
    There was an uproar over the US and Israel walking out the World Conference Against Racism prior to 9-11, so Reuters being in the area isn't a surprise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1523600.stm

Certainly plausible, and I don't doubt or haven't doubted this.
    What is odd: if Palestinians in East Jerusalem were celebrating an attack that took place in New York from 8:45am -9:03 am EST (when the 2 planes hit the towers), would they be doing the celebratory ? dance in daylight (since Israel is 7 hours ahead of New York)? Unless the footage of them celebrating was taped and shipped out within minutes of international news feeds broadcasting the towers falling.

New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, September 11, 2001 at 9:15:00 AM EDT UTC-4 hours
    Jerusalem (Israel) Tuesday, September 11, 2001 at 4:15:00 PM IDT UTC+3 hours
    Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, September 11, 2001 at 13:15:00

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20010911T0915&p1=179&p2=110&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&p8=&p9=&p10=&p11=&p12=

And on that day, the sun set in Israel at 6:50 pm.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=110&month=9&year=2001&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

I noticed that some people talked about this as well. Well, in the same snopes article, they said this:
    (The argument that the footage CNN used could not possibly be real because it showed Palestinians in broad daylight not long after the attack - even though Palestinian territory is several time zones ahead of New York - is not valid. Eastern Daylight Time in the United States is six hours behind the area of the Middle East referred to as Palestine. Thus, when the first attack occurred in New York just before 9:00 A.M., Palestine time would have been 3:00 P.M., and the area would still have been bathed in plenty of mid-afternoon sunlight.)

^^^ I see it all being plausible, so I gotta side with snopes on this. but you still get a LOL for "celebratory ? dance in daylight."