LB Help
    OL Help
    Terrence Austin is a sleeper with DeSean Jackson potential
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Derrick Morgan

I don't know if he's the best DE in draft.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Panthers- c+........ great qb and a decent receiver. Beyond that, the rest was mediocre
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Saints C+

1st Patrick Robinson CB - Added depth to an already good secondary

2nd Charles Brown - OT - Solid addition to an already great O-line...added depth

3rd Jimmy Graham - TE - Physical beast but not much experience...but definitely has the attributes and skills to become a premier TE/WR

4th Al Woods - DT - Meh, ok I guess..nothing special but could be pretty solid with some good coaching.

5th Matt Tennet - C - Another Offensive linemen? Ooook.

7th Sean Canfeild QB - Decent QB project for Sean Payton

I wish would could have went after some good OLB's and DT's considering this was a pretty deep draft but our FO is pretty good and finding talent and diamonds in the ruff. So I grade us a C+ right now but we will see what the future holds.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As a brown's fan I'm usually scrathing my head this time of year but after lookin at the broncos moves over the past 2 years..........Wow.....way to ? up a roster wit hella potential McDaniels.......? make me ashamed he from Ohio.

Almost forgot I give the Browns: B

I think we should have got S Taylor Mays instead of S T.J. Ward from Oregen. Everybody downin Mays but I still think that ? gon be a beast. Plus he got a chip on his shoulder now. Them Seatle Seahawks recievers betta watch the ? out...
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Rolando McClain MLB
    Lamarr Houston DT
    Jared Veldheer OT
    Bruce Campbell OT
    Jacoby Ford WR/KR
    Walt McFadden CB
    Travis Goethel ILB
    Jeremy Ware CB

Traded away: Cap'm Kirk Morrison

Traded for: Jason Campbell

I'd have to say this is the best Raiders draft since the year we got Nnamdi, and even HE took a few years to become the best CB in the league.

Rolando is a BEAST and is a bit of an improvement over Cap'm Kirk, but I still wish we kept Morrison as an outside backer along with Howard and Wimbley.

Houston is a NICE pickup and a great run stuffer unlike any we've had in recent years so that's a BIG improvement. You combine him with Seymour, Kelly, Bryant, Shaunessey, and Scott and I think our D just got a lot more efficient against the run....

Veldheer and Campbell are nice pickups for us, and we got Bruce much later than we were originally projected to get 'em so I'm really happy about that. Al musta been drugged the last few days 'cause I swear it ain't in us to use common sense these days. Campbell could turn out to be a BEAST with some work on his technique and Veldheer could provide a lot of immediate help at tackle. I just wish we got a more NFL ready RT or RG as opposed to a LT and a "project".

Jacoby Ford is a great pickup as a return man and extra receiver. I liked Nick Miller but he was out the whole year and only collected a paycheck for what he did in the preseason. I say we keep Miller as a backup just in case we have to deal with injuries in the return game again.

Walt McFadden isn't a bad pickup this late in the draft, but I would have MUCH rather had Akwasi Owusu-Ansah instead of one of the OTs we drafted. He woulda been a BEAST for us. I still say we got a pretty good DB that can learn from Aso, so I ain't even mad at this.

Trading for Jason Campbell was something I kinda wasn't feelin' but since we got him for a sack of peanuts and a blunt, I gotta say this could get JaCarcus out much faster than I thought he'd leave. Campbell might play with a chip on his shoulder too, so I like it. If he and Bruce can compete for it, our team will be solid with whoever wins the job.

So in all, I think my Raiders didn't blow it like I thought they would, and they actually drafted like a team that belongs in the NFL for once. I guess Al was too busy to ruin the draft for us, since he'll be the star in the next "Tales From the Crypt" movie. Either way, Draftie Claus was on our side this weekend.

I give the Raiders an A- for gettin' some good value out of what we have, and setting us up for a pretty good season.....
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    now that its over I think we did OK then we didnt have a pick for two rounds kinda salty bout that we picked up a corner and another receiver but we still need a pass rush
    I give the niners a B

yea I'll stick with a B we didnt get a pass rush like you said, and we didnt get a CB that will help this season so were depending on Clements/Brown, and now we have 4 rb's cut from the same mold not sure I understand the ;ogic in that.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    raiders a b..... got defensive help best lb....got campbell..
  • bigryde
    bigryde Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Did the Bears pick yet? I'll give you rate when they make they selection! SMH
  • Dble Deez
    Dble Deez Members Posts: 76
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Seahawks a+++++ Carroll couldn't have drafted any better in the first couple rounds... Golden Tate, Okung and Earl Thomas. He couldn't have drafted wiser with the pick.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Raiders B+

Rolando McClain. rush defense. yessir. Jason Campbell solidifying the offense. we picked up good looks on offense and defense this draft. I'm a lil wary cuz drafts never turn out like I expect (I'm one of the ? who thought both JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden were gonna ignite the offense, *smdh at mydamnself FTL), but I ain't mad at who we workin wit.

word-o.gif......................
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dble Deez wrote: »
    Seahawks a+++++ Carroll couldn't have drafted any better in the first couple rounds... Golden Tate, Okung and Earl Thomas. He couldn't have drafted wiser with the pick.

yea thats a nice trio of picks. the lendale white move could be decent too if carroll can get him motivated and keep him under 450 pounds
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    Bengals B

Liked the gresham, ghee and briscoe picks.

Didnt like Dunlap, Shipley and apparently the lineman we drafted late were bad value picks but idk

Dude you trippin, dunlap was one of best defensive players drafted just wait and see what he will do....and everybody giving their teams nothing less than B lol atleast wait and see what they do on the field
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dude you trippin, dunlap was one of best defensive players drafted just wait and see what he will do....and everybody giving their teams nothing less than B lol atleast wait and see what they do on the field

lol that ? lazy and you know it. if we can get him motivated, he'll be fine but i've never thought that given a guy millions of dollars when he was playing for "free" in college, would motivate them

i hope you right though. our pass rush died last year when odom got hurt
  • Dble Deez
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea thats a nice trio of picks. the lendale white move could be decent too if carroll can get him motivated and keep him under 450 pounds

I'm more excited bout Washington.. best part of those 2 is we didn't give up a thing to gain either one.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm more excited bout Washington.. best part of those 2 is we didn't give up a thing to gain either one.

yea he's a steal if his leg if fine. justin forsetts a solid back as well. ju jones is trash
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol that ? lazy and you know it. if we can get him motivated, he'll be fine but i've never thought that given a guy millions of dollars when he was playing for "free" in college, would motivate them

i hope you right though. our pass rush died last year when odom got hurt

Yeah ya'll coach is aggressive so he'll be straight
  • Dble Deez
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea he's a steal if his leg if fine. justin forsetts a solid back as well. ju jones is trash

Jones ass better get cut.... White, Forsett and Washington got this.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jones ass better get cut.... White, Forsett and Washington got this.

yea ive never thought jones was that nice

plat push
  • Dble Deez
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea ive never thought jones was that nice

plat push

He was the #3 from Dallas brought in my Holmgreen like (gaygreen) ,was out played by Maurice Morris and Forsett . We should trade him back to the Browns like we did with Seneca which was the most help he was to us the past 3 years. No team bashing.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He was the #3 from Dallas brought in my Holmgreen like (gaygreen) ,was out played by Maurice Morris and Forsett . We should trade him back to the Browns like we did with Seneca which was the most help he was to us the past 3 years. No team bashing.

idk, the browns got jerome harrison, james davis and just drafted montario hardesty but they are the browns so you never know

why you dont like holmgren? he got yall to a SB
  • Dble Deez
    edited April 2010
    Options
    idk, the browns got jerome harrison, james davis and just drafted montario hardesty but they are the browns so you never know

why you dont like holmgren? he got yall to a SB

He made some severely bad calls that can't be justified in my mind... He had all hopes in Alexander even after he blew it his 10th time consecutive and then so much faith in Jones. Letting Steve Hutch. go was a fatal mistake as well. Mora was never my favorite either I am a huge Carrol fan he is exciting as hell to watch.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He made some severely bad calls that can't be justified in my mind... He had all hopes in Alexander even after he blew it his 10th time consecutive and then so much faith in Jones. Letting Steve Hutch. go was a fatal mistake as well. Mora was never my favorite either I am a huge Carrol fan he is exciting as hell to watch.

yea alexander was running on his fumes that last year or two. hutch got that crazy contract though. i think it was the highest paid OL at the time.

idk how carroll will do. the track record for coming from college to pros isnt very successful. maybe he learned from the last time he was in the nfl tho
  • ef cuttin2.0
    ef cuttin2.0 Members Posts: 252
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll give my Saints a B-

1st Patrick Robinson CB - Last year proved U can never have enough good corners,and he plays man,allows GW 2 get creative with the blitz packages

2nd Charles Brown - OT - Projected as a late 1st rounder...nice pickup

3rd Jimmy Graham - TE - definitely the wild card...has the most upside,could be the next Tony Gonzales/Antonio Gates

4th Al Woods - DT - Draft stock rose after good combine/pro day. The type of mobile DT coach Williams loves

5th Matt Tennet - C - Definite value pick. 2nd best center in draft behind Pouncey, plays mean and will push 31 year-old Jon Goodwin

7th Sean Canfeild QB - Smart,accurate lefty who SP calls a bigger version of Drew Brees

The only 2 OLBs that were seriously on the radar were Witherspoon and Washington. Once 'Spoon went at 19 they turned 2 their board. P-Rob was the best player available at CB so they pulled the trigger...? Minnesota off again because that was who they traded out of the round 2 get...

The bottom line is the Saints addressed issues that were most affected by injury. GW is high on Arnoux(OLB) and Vaughan(S),who basically redshirted their rookie year due 2 pre-camp injuries,as well as Dunbar(LB) and Casilas(LB) 2 build upon what the team accomplished last year... they drafted 2 fortify key positions...same formula the Pats,Steelers,and Colts use...
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ill give the Falcons a B+
    And thats only cuz we didnt have a 2nd round pick from the Tony G trade...
    But I really like Sean Witherspoon, call me crazy but I think he will be the best LB to come out of the draft this year....