World War III Playoffs: Wild Card

2»

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    Brazil would have no choice but to get involve and would seek NATO assistance because no South American country could match Venezuelas military.......I will try my best to find that article. This was the moment I lost respect for Brazil.
    interesting point, but i also see this as political posturing: if Venezuela knows that this action will provoke a NATO rather than Brazilian response, they have to ask themselves if the larger conflict is worth it.

ultimately i tend to side with the military that actually goes out and does stuff. but that is my admitted bias.

Good point but ? would get bad because Venezuela has the backing of the majority of latin America(Not that really matters , Plus China and Russia ain't MIGHT MIGHT buss thier guns. them poor flavila ? gonna give the government hell.

Plutarch wrote: »

Interesting. For a minute there, I thought you were Venezuelan and were just picking Venezuela out of mere patriotism heh. Wait, are you Venezuelan?

Na, I am Dominican(Not Dominican republic).. My country have a puppet Venezuelan government tho....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Good point but ? would get bad because Venezuela has the backing of the majority of latin America(Not that really matters , Plus China and Russia ain't MIGHT MIGHT buss thier guns. them poor flavila ? gonna give the government hell.
    well...

01. what exactly do those other nations bring to the table? meh
    02. hell, even China is largely in that "let me see them do something" category

but remember, this debate is a straight-up "Venezuela versus Brazil" question, so we can leave the allies out for now
  • MrSoutCity
    janklow wrote: »
    well...

01. what exactly do those other nations bring to the table? meh
    02. hell, even China is largely in that "let me see them do something" category

but remember, this debate is a straight-up "Venezuela versus Brazil" question, so we can leave the allies out for now

You right. I would have gone with Brazil before I read that interview
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol that war is pendin'...won't be any winner...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    You right. I would have gone with Brazil before I read that interview
    interesting tangent either way; at the very least, i think it makes one wonder about Brazil's military power if they can be so self-deprecating...
  • IC_Chupacabra
    IC_Chupacabra Members Posts: 49
    IDK but in a bid for the wild card finalists Iran and India.
  • MrSoutCity
    herbNwhite wrote: »

I would give the edge to India, the might have better equipment.
  • IC_Chupacabra
    IC_Chupacabra Members Posts: 49

I agree man, equipment and people but magicjack and vonage would suffer the war efforts.
  • MrSoutCity

I agree man, equipment and people but magicjack and vonage would suffer the war efforts.

I see what you did here...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    First off, I just want to say thread of the year is written all over this.

Second, some comments
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Wild Card (I have the United States, France, Russia, Germany, India, Pakistan, Turkey, and China generally as the top eight militaries in the world, so they get bye weeks)

1. Brazil def. Canada. I matched these two together because they’re both incredibly underrated and are probably the two most powerful nations of North America behind the United States. I have Brazil winning because of its modern and large (the largest in South and Central America) military.

Canada ftw - Brazilians would be unable to bear the cold Canadian climate and would die, word to WWII.

2. UK def. Ireland. These two obviously hate each other and have hated each other for centuries. The Troubles was a particularly violent period, and issues over Northern Ireland are still unresolved. The UK’s large and modernized military (especially navy) however is too powerful for Ireland.

Agreed

4. Mexico def. Spain. I don’t know much about either militaries besides the fact that Mexico fought and won its independence from Spain, but I figure that Spain’s power has been on a long decline and Mexico’s armed forces has long been active and tested especially with the drug cartels.

With that logic you could argue that France would lose to Haiti.