Lil Wayne Disrespects Emmett Till’s Family.. Update: Boycott being sought over Wayne's Lyrics...

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Just learned about Emmett Till, Medgar Evers and all them last month in a social movements course. That being said, good timing for this thread

I like the fact that he references Emmett Till, but I hate that he did nothing with the reference except elude to sex. Waste of a punchline if you ask me. That's all wayne really is though.

A talented rapper can take a powerful reference like that, make a punchline with it, and communicate a deep message with it. Lil wayne just talks about sex with it.

Then you must be White or Asian and live in Europe somewhere.

Half french, half dominican that went to school in Vancouver, Canada

Close enough though

You get a pass use Googlenext time before you admit you don't know about something as sensitive as this

I never admitted I don't know anything, fool. I opened my post by remarking that the timing for this thread is good because I just covered the civil rights movement in a political science course. Actually just wrote a midterm for it too. I see an A++ in my near future.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this mush-face, ? ass ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just learned about Emmett Till, Medgar Evers and all them last month in a social movements course. That being said, good timing for this thread

I like the fact that he references Emmett Till, but I hate that he did nothing with the reference except elude to sex. Waste of a punchline if you ask me. That's all wayne really is though.

A talented rapper can take a powerful reference like that, make a punchline with it, and communicate a deep message with it. Lil wayne just talks about sex with it.

WTF?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "To keep it real, I gotta rep for Emmitt Till" - Rick Ross "Tears Of Joy"
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ain't the first time Lil' Coke Fiend has disrespected someone of that caliber.

I do recall a few lines towards Michael Jackson that ? off people something furious, because it came out like a month after MJ died.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag /Michael Jackson is a ? / Coca Cola, 7-Up /Pepsi Cola burned him up"

Yeah. But y'all keep giving this ? monster passes, tho.

In B4 "Lil Wayne>MJ" delusional posts.

lol ? been sayin that since i was in elementary school..

but on topic, hoe azz niqqaz gon' do what hoe azz niqqaz gon' do this is no shocker to me..

on the cool, this>>>>eminem sayin black ? imo..
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

WTF?

Are Americans really so arrogant and narcissistic as to think that everyone is learning their history all the time?

My country has it's own history to cram down the throats of the students too you know.

Im surprised American schools even spoke on Emmit Till. I didn't learn about him and a lot of other truths in school. I had to research and learn independently.

• hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats ? up Wayne.....ignorance in its purest form. I don't go that hard on black history, but there is no defense for comparing ? the ? out of a girl to a young boy who took beating that no man of ANY race deserved.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The real Irony is that if he said something like "? that ? like Nicole Simpson", the record company probably wouldn't even let him put that out, they would make him edit it.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    The real Irony is that if he said something like "? that ? like Nicole Simpson", the record company probably wouldn't even let him put that out, they would make him edit it.

Wayne already said ? that ? like Nicole Simpson on a track before
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For you ? who are taking this ? lightheartedly,
    Emmett-Till-2.jpg

Still amazes me how someone could do some ? like this and get away with it. Kinda harsh, but I hope they both slowly burn in hell.

? WAYNE

Worst part was that once they were considered not guilty in court, they had an interview in some magazine admitting it. but they couldn't get charged because of the double jeopardy law, or whatever it's called
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First the Dorner movement..now this ? comparing that tragedy to beating up some ? ? Waiting to see what Universal does
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guarantee if Quentin Tarantino said this ? ? would be defending him. Yall ? some self hatin ? . Where was Jesse Jackson when they were selling django ? slave dolls? ? sick. Lil Wayne been on some ? ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guarantee if Quentin Tarantino said this ? ? would be defending him. Yall ? some self hatin ? . Where was Jesse Jackson when they were selling django ? slave dolls? ? sick. Lil Wayne been on some ? ?

.....................................................................GTFOH
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne is wrong for that line, but...

'and just imagine how my girl feel,
    On the plane scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till'
  • Therecanonlybeone
    Therecanonlybeone Members Posts: 400
    Options
    Good ? point..
    so "beat that ? like emmett till" causes some concern but no one said anything in 08 when he said "rodney king baby, beat it like a cop"?

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Wayne needs to Emmett Till his career
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt read but after reading the lyrics lmao and smh @ wayne. Only he would say some stupid ? like tht
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is shameful, even for a clown like Lil Wayne
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil wayne etherd mj
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't even a black/white thing. I'm not black and I think the Emmett Till story is just disgusting. No one should have to suffer like that over something as trivial and pointless as an alleged whistle.

Wayne should issue an apology, but he won't. To him, any publicity is good publicity, and it's ? sad that he puts out these shenanigans to keep his name in the press.

These lyrics, the tweeting he got kicked out the Miami game for nothing when he indicated that he had a gun, the deposition video that he probably leaked, the attack on that cameraman at the celebrity beach bowl, pretending he learned how to play guitar, pretending he knows how to skateboard...

It's a pathetic display for attention "by any means necessary".
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne is poison for the youth. Not to mention that he is cooning out for some ? .
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne is a ? can't say i'm surprised he would stoop this low. Corny ass ? .
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Lil Wayne is wrong for that line, but...

'and just imagine how my girl feel,
    On the plane scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till'

C'mon bruh. I know you don't really believe that the lines are comparable. They're not even in the same realm. Bad comparison.