Jordan chooses Kobe over Lebron.

O.G.
O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://nba.si.com/2013/02/14/michael-jordan-kobe-bryant-lebron-james/?sct=hp_t2_a6

So by his standards Bill Russell is the GOAT and Horry is better than MJ

I always thought it was a team game.

Comments

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @peagle LOCK the thread, no body got time for feelings based on another grown man opinion
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah We already talked about it in passing . Its in the NBA Thread .
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Avi seems kinda Ironic. I see where MJ is coming from.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He also chose kwame and Morrison
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we talk about both of them at their prime, I'd choose Kobe over Lebron too. I think Lebron will ultimately be the better player, but Kobe has a "Win at all Costs" mindset that Lebron just doesn't have.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't pick kobe over him skillwwise or as the better player. He picked Bron over him currently but he said 5 rings >1.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we talk about both of them at their prime, I'd choose Kobe over Lebron too. I think Lebron will ultimately be the better player, but Kobe has a "Win at all Costs" mindset that Lebron just doesn't have.

we just going to forget about the games he had against the pistons? they both have the mindset kobe just an ? so it appears that he has that over lebron
  • The Lonious Monk

we just going to forget about the games he had against the pistons? they both have the mindset kobe just an ? so it appears that he has that over lebron

Since when did "Win at all Costs" mean "Can win a few big games." Nobody said Lebron wasn't a winner or won't put up big numbers. But there have also been games where it seems like he wilted under the pressure and fell short. The Championship series vs Dallas for instance. To me Kobe is less likely to do that. If you give them both equal teams, they will both do big things, but I think in the end you'll win more with Prime Kobe than Prime Lebron.

As far as MJ goes, of course he would pick Kobe. Kobe is the closest to him when it comes to playstyle and attitude.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years ago in an interview Jordan stated that he didnt get recognition for his accomplishments until he won multiple titles. Up to then he was always looked at as not better than Bird or Magic, thats why he gave the answer he did because hes gonna give these dudes the same treatment he got.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Years ago in an interview Jordan stated that he didnt get recognition for his accomplishments until he won multiple titles. Up to then he was always looked at as not better than Bird or Magic, thats why he gave the answer he did because hes gonna give these dudes the same treatment he got.

I still think tying team success to individual accomplishment is stupid, but it's the prevailing philosophy so what can you do.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    he's always has picked kobe over bron
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's common knowledge Jordan would pick kobe>>>>bron..
    He's like the son jordan always wanted and jordan is the dad kobe always wanted
  • MC The Rapper

When was Kobe's prime tho. The Bolded is factually incorrect.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Jordan made cop out answers for pretty much both.

"Well right now I would say LeBron" well no ? Bron in his prime at 28 Kobe is 34.

"But 5 is more than 1 every time so I say Kobe" No ? Mike that's kindergarten arithmetic.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kobe's prime was from 03-08
  • MC The Rapper
    blu197 wrote: »

Kobe's prime was from 03-08

Blu you remember those years was kobe's team winning during that time
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    blu197 wrote: »

Kobe's prime was from 03-08 '01-'10

fixed!

he avg. 28 6 and 6 in 2001 AND 27 5 n 5 in 2010
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Always seem to forget Lebron Lost in the finals Twice, & Actually got swept the 1st Time. Lebron is just Now getting real confidence.

However Shaq got Finals MVP Every year during their run, So IMO Kobe's 5 Rings wont be As significant once Lebron gets more.

I think Lebron took alot too long to develop this confidence & Will to Win (which is why he will never compare to Jordan IMO), but He does still have a Great career Left to do all that Kobe has.
This discussion has been closed.