Give me your Personal Top 5 DOA....

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    1. Pac - Nothing he couldnt do as an MC ...could battle do love songs,powerful songs that touched your soul,party tracks, introspective tracks, battle tracks.... etc etc .... just the epitome of an complete artist

2. Nas - The poet .... the observer .... lyrical genius the essence of what hiphop is... the kind of MC that embodies the spirt of this culture

3. Hov - Impecable lyricist .... amazing SONG MAKER ... just another guy who really understands how to appeal to a lot of different kinds of listeners

4. Ghostface Killah - Unbelievable story teller ... unbelievable lyrical imagery ... a rappers rapper... a guy who really had that flare that entertainment value in his presentation that harkens back to the days of melle mel furious five whodini

5. Kanye - Just every man tom hanks style raps ... i mean very relatable ...and has one of the most amazing catalogues in the game

Who did 2pac battle with tho? 2pac never got into a lyrical rap battle so how can you say that? The "battle" with Biggie wasn't a battle that was just him trying to destroy his character, which isn't what a battle is, that's just a diss. Nothing lyrical about that song either, it was more the shock factor that made it big cuz of the things he said. The proof is in the puddin, most people only remember/like 2pac's rant at the end and his opening line but can't name other lines in the song. Biggie never directly replied either so..

pac went at a lot of guys ... just because they didn't respond dosent make them non-battle tracks ...it just means the "battle" was one sided ... "takeover" would still be a battle record even if nas didn't respond
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really isn't an order other than Jay Nas and Pac.
    1a Nas
    1b Jay
    3 Pac
    4 Lupe
    5 Ye
    6 Big
    7 Rakim
    8 Cube
    9 Common
    10 Scarface
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of Joe Budden in the top5
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    Andre 3000
    black thought
    elzhi
    common
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Notorious BIG
    Ice Cube
    Jay Z
    Lupe Fiasco
    Del the Funky Homosapien

• CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Pac - Nothing he couldnt do as an MC ...could battle do love songs,powerful songs that touched your soul,party tracks, introspective tracks, battle tracks.... etc etc .... just the epitome of an complete artist

2. Nas - The poet .... the observer .... lyrical genius the essence of what hiphop is... the kind of MC that embodies the spirt of this culture

3. Hov - Impecable lyricist .... amazing SONG MAKER ... just another guy who really understands how to appeal to a lot of different kinds of listeners

4. Ghostface Killah - Unbelievable story teller ... unbelievable lyrical imagery ... a rappers rapper... a guy who really had that flare that entertainment value in his presentation that harkens back to the days of melle mel furious five whodini

5. Kanye - Just every man tom hanks style raps ... i mean very relatable ...and has one of the most amazing catalogues in the game

Who did 2pac battle with tho? 2pac never got into a lyrical rap battle so how can you say that? The "battle" with Biggie wasn't a battle that was just him trying to destroy his character, which isn't what a battle is, that's just a diss. Nothing lyrical about that song either, it was more the shock factor that made it big cuz of the things he said. The proof is in the puddin, most people only remember/like 2pac's rant at the end and his opening line but can't name other lines in the song. Biggie never directly replied either so..

pac went at a lot of guys ... just because they didn't respond dosent make them non-battle tracks ...it just means the "battle" was one sided ... "takeover" would still be a battle record even if nas didn't respond

LOL at you only responding to one sentence i said instead of what i said in context..yup, you're clearly wrong. 2pac was never in a battle alive, neither was he good at it. He was 50 Cent of 1996. "I'll beat you up, i'll shoot you, i ? your ? , you're ? "..i wouldn't consider that a good battler. That's basically what we say on the net to each other.
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL at you only responding to one sentence i said instead of what i said in context..yup, you're clearly wrong. 2pac was never in a battle alive, neither was he good at it. He was 50 Cent of 1996. "I'll beat you up, i'll shoot you, i ? your ? , you're ? "..i wouldn't consider that a good battler. That's basically what we say on the net to each other.

U serious bruh? 50?? C'mon b

Holla At Me >>> 50'career
  • CirocObama
    Options
    blackstarr wrote: »

I'm saying the way they dissed other artist are pretty much the same. Yeah, "Holla At Me" was such a great battle record..quote a nice battle line? We were talking about battling dog.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ur reaching so hard right now..... pac made multiple diss tracks but no one answered back so it wasn't "technically a battle"... Against all odds>>>takeover
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

I'm saying the way they dissed other artist are pretty much the same. Yeah, "Holla At Me" was such a great battle record..quote a nice battle line? We were talking about battling dog.

But u just said that Pac was never in a battle so how would you know if he was good at it or not? Pac had a few beefs released a few diss songs just because they wasnt going back n forth ala Jigga and Nas doesnt make it any less of a battle. And yes i consider Holla At Me a great diss track/battle record...just check the whole first verse
  • CirocObama
    Options

But u just said that Pac was never in a battle so how would you know if he was good at it or not? Pac had a few beefs released a few diss songs just because they wasnt going back n forth ala Jigga and Nas doesnt make it any less of a battle. And yes i consider Holla At Me a great diss track/battle record...just check the whole first verse

WTF are you talking about? When did i say he wasn't good at it? Actually you should ask @JDSTAYWITIT that question because he was the one who said that 2pac was good at battling, so if he never was how would he know that?

LOL @ a clown talking about Against All Odds..yeah dissing non rappers about how they set him up is such a great battle record. I love the record but we're talking battling, which isn't what 2pac did in those songs. He did exactly what 50 did like i said.."you're a ? , you set me up, ? you, i ? your ? , Death Row is real, MOB" and all that..basically trash talk, which isnt what battling is about. That is why people keep saying that Biggie wouldve ate 2pac cuz lyrically Biggie was ahead, but what 2pac had over Biggie was alleged dirt on him..that's all.

Y'all let the media sensation ? your brains up.
  • byrond0126
    byrond0126 Members Posts: 325
    Options
    Rakim
    Kane
    Nas
    Mos Def
    Jay Z
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    Tech N9ne
    Ludacris
    Kanye
    Hopsin
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Order
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Fashawn
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac
    Face
    Cube
    Nas
    Biggie
    honorable mention who gets overlooked (LL)
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Nas
    2. Biggie
    3. Pac
    4. Ghostface
    5. Rakim/Ice Cube

Groups

1. Atmosphere
    2. Wu Tang
    3. Public Enemy
    4. J5
    5. Outkast
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? MC: Chuck D

1. Prodigy
    2. Spice 1
    3. Ghostface Killah
    4. GZA
    5. Lil Flip
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    DMX
    2Pac
    Chuckie Akenz
    Big L
    Prodigy
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lots of GhostFace
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

alright bro....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Lots of GhostFace

tone starks da illest
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. 2pac
    2. Kanye West
    3. Eminem