2013-porsche-boxster-14-md.jpg

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WyVRw4JMTBU

Specs-

The new Boxster (codenamed 981) is 1.3 in. longer
    has a 2.4-in.-longer wheelbase, and has wider tracks—they grow 1.6 in. up front and 0.7 in. at the rear
    chassis is constructed using a combination of aluminum, steel and magnesium. (total weight savings of 55 lb- 77 lb)
    46 percent of the new car is made with aluminum in areas such as the doors and trunklids—and yes,
    the Boxster still has two trunks
    Overall, the base Boxster weighs in at 2888 lb.
    Sitting 0.5 in. lower, the new mid-engine Porsche rides on all-around modified strut type suspension.
    The steering system utilizes an electro-mechanical assist that takes place of the hydraulic setup used in the past.
    There are two gearboxes available, the standard 6-speed manual or the optional, redesigned 7-speed PDK,
    Porsche's own twin-clutch transmission retuned for more precise shifting.

powered by a direct-injected 2.7-liter flat-6 with VarioCam Plus that's rated at 265 bhp and 206 lb.-ft. of torque. the Boxster shows at least a 12 percent fuel economy improvement and can still launch from a standing start to 100 km/h (62 mph) in an estimated 5.5 sec. equipped with the optional Sports Chrono Package and PDK transmission.

Starting price: $49,500
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks dope, since they done the boxer spyder they really stepped up, shame its still got the boxter stigma of a hairdressers car lol cant beat the carerra c4s or turbos
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks dope, since they done the boxer spyder they really stepped up, shame its still got the boxter stigma of a hairdressers car lol cant beat the carerra c4s or turbos

Anyone who calls the Boxter a hairdresser's car doesnt have a ? clue about cars.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Miata of Porsches
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Anyone who calls the Boxter a hairdresser's car doesnt have a ? clue about cars.

i have more of a clue then your ever have, ive built cars... the porsche boxer, even though it is a great car to chuck round windy roads and tracks, is classed as a hairdressers car, your see woman and blonde spiky haired tight jean wearing ? driving them...
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i have more of a clue then your ever have, ive built cars... the porsche boxer, even though it is a great car to chuck round windy roads and tracks, is classed as a hairdressers car, your see woman and blonde spiky haired tight jean wearing ? driving them...

If you think the Boxter is a "hairdresser's" car....then you don't know ? about cars. I've seen them routinely give STis, EVOs, Monster Miatas the business at Autocross events. If you classify cars based on who drives them then once again you don't know ? about cars, because if that's the case Ferraris are "investment bankers cars" Porsches are "salespersons" cars and BMWs and Benz's are "slant" cars. Stop assuming your the only person that's built a car or that building a car gives you any sort of insight into cars.
  • water ur seeds
    edited February 2013
    Options

If you think the Boxter is a "hairdresser's" car....then you don't know ? about cars. I've seen them routinely give STis, EVOs, Monster Miatas the business at Autocross events. If you classify cars based on who drives them then once again you don't know ? about cars, because if that's the case Ferraris are "investment bankers cars" Porsches are "salespersons" cars and BMWs and Benz's are "slant" cars. Stop assuming your the only person that's built a car or that building a car gives you any sort of insight into cars.

did you not 'read' me say they are great to chuck around country roads and tracks??? they are good drivers car, but i dont know about america, but in europe, they are not cool... woman and hairdressers own them... and if you had one of the track i would get a boxer spyder or a lotus or vxr 220, or caterham type car, like what i built (tiger super 6)...

ive driven a boxer, they are fun, you can feel the road, they are a drivers car, you think your going quicker than you are, but porsche deliberately limit the performance so as to not outdo the cayman or the careera, i would sooner get a different car... the only boxer i would drive the 'spyder'... and a salesperson wouldnt afford a decent porsche c4s or a turbo lol

im a massive porsche fan, and porsche drivers, who buy a c4s or turbo are enthusiast, especially a new one, or limited or lightweight one, because they choose to spend £70,000 - £150,000 on porsche, that is less flashy but more classy than ferrari or lambo, even though they can afford one, and porsches outperform most of them to, the turbo does with ? most ferraris and lambos, 0-60 in less the 4seconds, the way the cars are set up with revs, gearing, lightweight and the handling etc they still outperforming most cars... they dont make a bad car... but like i said, i couldnt drive a boxer, unless it was the spyder... i wanna get a c4s cab for my next, they are one of my favorite cars...

and building cars does give you an insight into cars, thats the whole point of building them and racing them around tracks lol