Why do "Independent" women be the first one's to jump the broom?

Options
2»

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why bother to pose this as a question if you already had your mind made up and just wanted to disagree with every female response anyway? Seems like you're not looking for an actual point of view, you just wanted to say what you had to say.

Anywho, I've never actually known a woman who says this. Where are you finding these women? Truthfully I didn't know anyone really took the Beyonce song seriously. So I guess I have no answer because I've got no experience with this. I'll just say that these women you speak of are entitled just like everyone else to change and evolve. Their mindset yesterday may not be their mindset today. And that's a positive thing. We should all be constantly evolving in our thoughts and cognizance of the world around us and the people in it. It speaks to growth and maturity.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Independent women need an audience of boobird friends that are Man-haters while all the while they are plotting to lock down a Man and get away from them chatty miserable ? ..lol...It's the only plausible reasoning I can see...
  • twatgetta
    Options
    Beyonce did it. Broad made a song about being Independent and ? out guys, now she's a housewife with a test tube baby...wtf??
  • twatgetta
    Options
    !Iheart_Cali It's not a matter of making up MY mind. . I just asked the question since I found out that a broad who preached Independence and "to hell with Men" told on herself when she up and got married. jus saying. Most females can be guilty of this and wonder why do females do that? can you answer that? I'm sure you have some friends like that. maybe you are/were like that. It's a valid question that none of you females can seem to answer.

Is the Man-hating bait and switch a defense mechanism to help females cope socially with other females? These are the types of issues that affect relationships overall as a whole.

Because I can tell you that dudes, when we talk, it's about how we CAN lockdown that hottie we saw on campus. NOt like females with the "All Men are Dogs" campaign.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    @kai_valya that's a valid viewpoint. that's how it SHOULD be. but unfortunately it's not in most (not all) cases.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry no I can't answer that. I'm not currently nor have I ever felt that way. If I do happen to encounter someone who does, I'll keep you posted.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Females only harp about "Independence" when ? isnt going quite how they want it to. It's their defense mechanism for an unfulfilled life.

Nobody ever says, "Oh Im not with anybody because I'm a bad person and I have ? to work on." People would rather say, "Oh Im doing me. I aint trying to have no man up under me right now." Etc etc etc and whatever else helps the hoe save face.

"On her independent shiiiit/ Trade it all for a husband and some kidssss"

-Yeezy.

A ? will put herself in chains & sell her soul when the right wallet, ? or Simp ? to help her with her kids comes along. She might even stop writing ? relationship quotes on Facebook if she ovulating.
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never thought I'd see the day when men hated on independent women. Being self reliant doesn't correlate to staying single for everyone.a smart woman that can take care of herself knows that having a man should be part of her aspirations.

Also calling yourself independent is as bad as calling yourself grown. If you are, it's recognized in you, you don't have to claim it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    There's a big difference between a self sufficient woman who holds her own and takes care of things and a self proclaimed "Independent woman" who claims she doesn't need the company of a man to bring any form happiness or fulfilment to her life.

These are the ones who have most likely been done wrong and remain in a bitter place. They're only hurting themselves by hindering their growth, a woman who is in tune with herself understands a mans place in a woman's life and remains open.

The pride of these so called "independent women" won't allow them to surrender to what a good man can bring to the table of a woman who all the while can remain goal oriented and is capable of sustaining herself, wants and appreciates his role.

These women will remain stagnant in a place which essentially will keep them from having love until they get over themselves which is where your question comes in. Love comes in and knocks them down, strips them of that pride and they become vulnerable to the mental, emotional, spiritual and physical element of union between man and woman. To really value and let a brother in, one must destroy the ego and remain open, not everyone is capable of this.

I myself am a very head strong woman who has been taking care of herself for at least a decade. Never have I relied on a man to take care of my responsibilities. With that said, a truly strong woman can be that powerful force all the while allowing a man to be a man in the relationship. Allowing him to lead in areas without questioning and nagging him.

One must surrender and submit. This does not mean one must become docile, compromise their beliefs and lose a piece of themselves, this simply means they understand the nature of balance between sexes and what love really is. To let go, let in and allow a good man to be just that.

• twatgetta
    Options
    Sorry no I can't answer that. I'm not currently nor have I ever felt that way. If I do happen to encounter someone who does, I'll keep you posted.

I find that hard to believe since you frequent a Hip Hop site and community that is guilty(by association) of having the most irresponsible women in society by the world. so How come you're so pristine? Are you here to lead the flock of those wayward females and drop the true science they need? If so, I comend you, if not, you are just like the one's I'm talking about. but I digress here. You may not be that type at all. just my observation given the forum we're in and community we share..
  • twatgetta
    Options
    Never thought I'd see the day when men hated on independent women. Being self reliant doesn't correlate to staying single for everyone.a smart woman that can take care of herself knows that having a man should be part of her aspirations.

Also calling yourself independent is as bad as calling yourself grown. If you are, it's recognized in you, you don't have to claim it.

Blame the Femminist movement, not Men.
  • twatgetta
    Options
  • BrideofKilla
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »

Blame the Femminist movement, not Men.

Are you talking about women joining the work force?
  • twatgetta
    Options
    @brideofscarface22 the Femminist movement is not just promoting women in the workplace, but also the absence of having a Man.
  • BrideofKilla
    Options
    Hmmm.... I personally think the lack of male leadership is one of the causes of the movement. How long is a woman supposed to wait for a man to step up and take care of her in the traditional household way before she decides to do so herself?

I think men are sometimes intimidated by strong women.they feel useless which is completely untrue.we still need y'all to make babies.so yeah.u got that going for you. Lol j/k
  • twatgetta
    Options
    @brideofscarface22 the Femminist movement has never promoted healthy relationships, marriage and the woman supporting her man and playing her position. Their agenda has always been about promoting the "Independent" mindframe that has corrupted a lot of women into thinking they don't need a Man in their lives in no capacity. They would prefer if you turned Lesbian and bought a cat. Which is why I wonder why females and scream "All Men are Dogs" in one breath, they can't live without on the next. It's because of Femminism.
  • BrideofKilla
    Options
    Never thought I've get insight to the male perspective from someone named twatgetta, lol.I still respectively disagree.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    @brideofscarface22 I deal with a lot of women so I know how yall talk to each other. I listen and learn..lol
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why you think ? ......... them hoes is lonely