Insidious vs Sinister... which film was better?

the best 1
the best 1 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    havent seen Sinster but Insidious was hot garbage juice
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    havent seen Insidious but Sinister was pretty good
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    insidious sucked rabbit ? .....i dont know how the film got the go ahead and then i dont know how it gets spoken about...that ? was so terrible
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go with sinister tho I loved insidious. only problem was sinister was that cheesy part with the ghost kids running behind him playing hide and seek or whatever the hell they were doing
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinister was a much better movie. insidious wasnt terrible until they started with that go into the spirit world ?
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly...they both were ? trash
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinister is the the better movie. At first when I saw sinister I wasn't trying to like it because I thought it was an insidious copy. But then I figured out it was made by the same people lol. It was a true horror film that left me with that feeling of uneasiness that I aint felt in a minute. The violence was done really good and it was shocking without all the blood and gore. The lawnmower scene will make anybody jump, You will not see that ? coming(very well done). It hasn't been a true horror film like this in a minute. The last horror movie that gave me the feeling sinister did was "stir of echos".

Insidious had the better demon and the way they used old school creepy ass music was G.O.A.T. The story could have been better though. This weird ass song will forever be stuck in your head after watching the movie
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whats the verdict on Insidious..check it out or pass?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Sinister had the better Build up overall, suspense was good until the kids started appearing
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insidious was better imo, thats one of the last movies that actually scared me and the ? was rated pg13 lol
  • the best 1
    the best 1 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
    Insidious was better..........
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinister is the the better movie. At first when I saw sinister I wasn't trying to like it because I thought it was an insidious copy. But then I figured out it was made by the same people lol. It was a true horror film that left me with that feeling of uneasiness that I aint felt in a minute. The violence was done really good and it was shocking without all the blood and gore. The lawnmower scene will make anybody jump, You will not see that ? coming(very well done). It hasn't been a true horror film like this in a minute. The last horror movie that gave me the feeling sinister did was "stir of echos".

Insidious had the better demon and the way they used old school creepy ass music was G.O.A.T. The story could have been better though. This weird ass song will forever be stuck in your head after watching the movie

I agree with this. I love Insidious, but Sinister has a more 'scary' story line. i don't believe that Insidious is actually scary. just suspenseful as hell. But that monster in Insidious ? on Sinister.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinister with a bullet. Then again I was tryna get some chick to touch my ? the whole time I was watching Insidious.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insidious was more fun but sinister was more creepier..idk they are really similar imo.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Man insidious was way better. Insidious did what no horror movie did and that was they took you into hell and let the viewer see it. That was a risk, like a 3d movie actually doing popout effects, but it worked for me. That's why I bought it. Sinister was good but man insidious was better
  • luke1733
  • luke1733
    The fact that a lot of us have all dreamed like that kid in Insidious and entered that netherworld made it relateable, plus the ending where that old woman that appeared in all his dreams ends up possessing him makes the movie work. She was never after his son. It was the demon after the son, but that old woman in the dresss was still after that man. I still want to see what happened after she possessed him.Insidious lined up a bunch of stories and fulfilled explaining all of them (from the 2 different houses and the haunting following them, to the boy inheriting the ability to dream the way his father did, to the demon telling that old woman who was doing the exorcism it'd ? her to actually doing it, to the reason the father was in no pictures as a child and couldn't remember his childhood, to the other dead people actually entering the real world, to the father not wanting to believe the wife and staying at school). I'm a leave it alone, but Insidious was like a chess game.
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does insidious get so much hate? I loved it, especially the ending, had me a little bit shook.