Would you ever see a super VILLAIN movie?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dr doom came to mind when i read the title
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    A movie entirely from a villian's point of view would be great. So when the hero shows up he could be looked at as the villian. Hollywood aint capitalize on this yet. Im bout to write a screenplay and get paid

That would be dope. Show that hero or villain is just a matter of perspective. The whole movie you rooting for this guy to win just to find out in the last 10 minutes you were rooting for the villain all along.

Like how the villian robbing a bank/takin hostages and punching babies in the mouth and then watch some dude come in and fight the main character and the main character loses, goes to jail, breaks out, and does some other crazy ? and the hero pops up again eventually. (Audience would see that the hero is annoying as ? and is always stopping the main character from achieving his goals)Then villian kills hero and the end.

If done right it could be great.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i thought they was making a movie about Magneto in his younger days?

edit: just read they not making it.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luthor was just a name thrown out there cause of his popularity amongst super-villains.

Honestly, after seeing the Dark Knight, I think a Harvey Dent/Two-Face could be GOLD.

Other villains I think would make a great solo backstory (with a superhero or two mixed in)

Magento
    Mr. Freeze
    The Kingpin
    The Red Skull

Goated for the 2 face reference he was always my fav villain from batman, I was mad at how they just killed him off in the DK similar to how they did venom in spiderman 3. Venom could get his own movie and that could bring in carnage
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A movie entirely from a villian's point of view would be great. So when the hero shows up he could be looked at as the villian. Hollywood aint capitalize on this yet. Im bout to write a screenplay and get paid

That would be dope. Show that hero or villain is just a matter of perspective. The whole movie you rooting for this guy to win just to find out in the last 10 minutes you were rooting for the villain all along.

Like how the villian robbing a bank/takin hostages and punching babies in the mouth and then watch some dude come in and fight the main character and the main character loses, goes to jail, breaks out, and does some other crazy ? and the hero pops up again eventually. (Audience would see that the hero is annoying as ? and is always stopping the main character from achieving his goals)Then villian kills hero and the end.

I was thinking more along the lines of a villain doing something that seems noble the whole time until you get another perspective at the end and realize he was wrong all along. I think a Ra's Al Ghul type character would be perfect. Going in to rid a city of bad people then in the end you realize his plan never said anything about sparing the innocent. But he still beats the hero in the end and kills everyone in the city. Then you see a new thriving city almost like a utopia but feel conflicted about whether the ends justified the means.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would watch. I've been waiting for a movie where the villain wins.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was thinking more along the lines of a villain doing something that seems noble the whole time until you get another perspective at the end and realize he was wrong all along. I think a Ra's Al Ghul type character would be perfect. Going in to rid a city of bad people then in the end you realize his plan never said anything about sparing the innocent. But he still beats the hero in the end and kills everyone in the city. Then you see a new thriving city almost like a utopia but feel conflicted about whether the ends justified the means.

Isn't that what the watchmen was about?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If you can get the audience to root for the bad guy you're a bad mufucka IMO

Riddick and Scarface are the main ones I can think of right now

i'm not gonna lie i was low key rooting for Bane in the Batman movie.

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the penguin would be kick ASS

not
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't that what the watchmen was about?

Excellent point!
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was rumors that The Rock was supposed to star in a Lobo movie. seems outlandish but there is still talks about it. I dont think id trust a movie that Stars the rock to be that phenomenol.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There s a dope ass Superman comic that was written in Luthor s POV, i forgot what its called .......but simply Luthor was saying that his beef w Superman was the fact that he was an alien and etc.......im a go look that up........if done right that d be dope
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    i'd like to see supervillian movies of the horror genre. scarecrow would be about a deranged psychologist who likes to torture his patients by making them live out their worst fears via his fear gas. etrigan the demon would work the way he was snacking on human limbs in the batman widening gyre saga. two others i'd go with is Solomon grundy or bizzaro. bizzaro would be about a genetic super man clone well you know he's just backwards. everything he does is bad but he thinks he's doing good. his powers would be horrifying (heat breath ect.) and of course he would attempt to save lois at some point this is where supermans cameo would come in. his appearance would also be grotesque as he gradually deteriorate being an inferior genetic clone. also because of his powers he would harm and cause the death of many.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has been already done...sort of

Slept on movie...

http://youtu.be/i-M5Qx57_UU
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    also I would ad clayface and brainiac or possibly shadow thief to my horror genre by the way I would like to see black hand in the green lantern sequels I hate how they killed off hector Hammond soon.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup. the bad guy wins enough in real life to get a movie
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would get all the negative press it would need to start a trend due to the free advertising. The villain would have to win also. What sense would it make to see a superstar villain in his own movie saying "cobra retreat"