Ladies- yall tryna get fit?

Options
13»

Comments

• dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ladies if you're trying to get fit, incorporate some weight training and I'm not talking about 5 pound dumbbells lol.

Doing cardio for hours on end is a waste of your time. You could spend an hour at the gym doing weights and some cardio and see faster results.
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have a question for y'all-

Have you noticed that you gain weight before you lose it? Like, if you start doing something new/ different or change up the intensity and within that first week or so, you feel heavier/ bigger than before?
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    That low carb stuff is going to drain you....... Try doing eliptical or the stair stepper for 30 minutes, then do about 15 minutes of abs, and spend another 15 working on whatever else varying from arms, to legs etc......
    That's my daily routine, I don't like to spend more than an hour in the gym.

Oh, that no carbs thing lasted a whole week if that. I don't know why I start diets. smh.

I did some squats before I went to bed and I guess I was doing them right. My butt and thighs are still sore. yay me!
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ladies if you're trying to get fit, incorporate some weight training and I'm not talking about 5 pound dumbbells lol.

Doing cardio for hours on end is a waste of your time. You could spend an hour at the gym doing weights and some cardio and see faster results.

What kind of routine would you suggest? I'm not training for a boxing match. I just want to tone.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Finally back in the gym! It feels good to work out again..trying to lose at least 20 before the end of May.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    any of you ladies jump rope? I bought one to try to mix up my cardio..i didnt last longer than 15 minutes.
    i'm reading up on it more right now..

if you do or have what were your results like?
  • ccluvsau
    ccluvsau Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    Options
    any of you ladies jump rope? I bought one to try to mix up my cardio..i didnt last longer than 15 minutes.
    i'm reading up on it more right now..

if you do or have what were your results like?

Jumping rope is HARD. I remember being a kid, jumping rope like it was nothing LOL. But it works everything, great for cardio like you said
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Split it up into rounds like boxing if you are going to jump rope. 3 minutes of jumping one minute of rest.

Use this circuit timer: http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer.html
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    props! thanks!
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I did the rope thing when I was taking the bootcamp class every morning. But she like....made us jump rope in the middle of the workout and towards the end. Never did we just jump for a long time either....it was more like circuit training.
  • ccluvsau
    ccluvsau Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I took a spinning class!!!!! It was great other than that damn bike seat. My butt was too big for it.

But I had buckets of sweat after. That was the first time I actually felt as if I had done something while working out lol
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow @ CC.....my bestie is still doin that every week and she said the sweat pours off as well lol

I did P90x today. SMH.......I am going to start again next month. I need to buy a pull up bar. I felt like i couldnt efficiently do it right without all of the proper equipment. Those pushups had me dying though.

I turned that off and did my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.....imma count this as day 1
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have a question for y'all-

Have you noticed that you gain weight before you lose it? Like, if you start doing something new/ different or change up the intensity and within that first week or so, you feel heavier/ bigger than before?

Could be you gaining muscle. Muscle mass weighs more than fat, so temporarily you could see a spike in your weight, until you shed the excess fat.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alright so I completely fell off the wagon in march. I was supposed to be losing 10 pounds by today and I'm right where I started.

What do you do to stay motivated?
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the first 3 minutes or so is a snippet of her workout regimen.
    her trainer is foine!
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Since I'm off school for months, I caved and got a gym membership, and I love the gym! I'm about 90 minutes a day atleast 4 times a week with 60 minutes cardio (either class or walking/running) and 30 min resistance training. I think even when I start school I'm going to stick with the gym though. Paying money keeps me more motivated to actually get what I'm paying for, and also there's lots of nice eye candy that I can watch while sweating, so I'm lovin it.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight and tone up myself. I had a gym membership for a while, but I was too lazy to get in there most of the time. I had the plan I would go three days a week and workout for 45min to 1 hr. I thought it would be easier if I went when I got off work. It didn't happen the way I wanted. I am one who also needs to stop drinking pop. I cut it out for 2 weeks and I felt great, but now I have to get rid of what I already have at home and go at quiting again. I have the insanity workouts and those are serious. I was going it and then fell off. I am now starting over and hoping to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of May. I lost 5 in the first week. I am pretty good at eating veggies and more fresh foods and fish. Bread and pasta and pizza is my problem. The insanity workouts have cardio, resistance, and weight training with you using your own body as the weights. I am thinking about adding on some other workouts for my butt and to help increase the weight loss.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alright, so I found a workout that incorporated weights. I must have done it right because my arms, legs and abs were sore the next day.

I planned my workout and checked off each exercise as I did it.