MJJ grosses over 1 Billion Dollars 10 months after his death. And he's not the GOAT?

rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Album Sales= $315,000,000 (29 Million albums sold Worldwide sicne 6/25/2009)
DVD Sales= $60,000,000
This Is It DVD Sales= $162,000,000
This Is It Theatrical Release: $260,000,000
This Is It Broadcast Rights (MTV): $30,000,000
Digital Downloads= $22,000,000
Merchandise= $60,000,000
Music Royalties From MIJAC: $26,000,000
Music Royalties From SONY/ATV: $32,500,000
Record Deal= $200,000,000 (potential for another $50,000,000)

Current Gross Income Generated By MJ SINCE JUNE 25th: $1,167,500,000 , or 1.1675 BILLION DOLLARS

The man got the biggest record contract in History from the grave. There is no GOAT other than Michael Jackson. LOL @ Michael outselling artist careers in 10 months after he passed. To sell 30 Million of old albums in less than a year is historic and we will never see those type of sales for an artist again. LOL @ all the MJJ haters talking about how he was broke and in debt. Well, his ass ain't in debt no more. MJJ's family and kids will be set for many generations. This mans music will make more and more money in each year. The Legend of Michael Jackson is just beginning. You thought he was out of this world when he was alive. Nobody has seen anything yet. Michael will be BIGGER in Death than he ever was in Life. Legends Never Die

Michael Joseph Jackson = G.O.A.T.

Comments

• Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    it's sad mike can outsell rappers,pop singers,and country singers while dead.. now that's good for mike and his family,but sad with artists out there who been in the game,for over 10 yrs
  • Hobe cryant
    Hobe cryant Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Thats a good look.MJ always been the goat
  • Hobe cryant
    Hobe cryant Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    imager.php?id=294915 GIFSoup

This thread should be stickied man.This is great news for his mother,paris,prince and blanket his whole family will benefit.Mike been a legend and famous before anybody on this board was born.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I wonder how much of it his family will get though and I wonder if Mike planned for this in his will.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited April 2010
    Tell the haters to cry about it....
  • dimples
    dimples Members Posts: 29
    edited April 2010
    I wonder how much of it his family will get though and I wonder if Mike planned for this in his will.

Any deals or money made by MJ a good chunk goes to his estate (Katherine and the kids). They got like 90% of the This Is It money and most of the money from that new album deal. His kids are forever caked. Hope his daughter doesn't become a future Paris.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    dimples wrote: »
    Any deals or money made by MJ a good chunk goes to his estate (Katherine and the kids). They got like 90% of the This Is It money and most of the money from that new album deal. His kids are forever caked. Hope his daughter doesn't become a future Paris.

I was hoping they got the majority of it. Doesn't seem right that strangers can cake off on his money after his death.
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited April 2010
    wow. so much for the debt.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Yes the kids will be set for life but doesn't this news silence the MJJ critics once and for all? He can not be touched. His Legend is untouchable. To outsell people careers and get a record contact that big is just unreal. For a movie about his "Rehearhsal" not a show or a preformance but a Practice become the highest grossing documentary ever was insane. "Thriller" was already the highest selling album ever but it's numbers increased even more to make the mark probably not atainable for the future. Michael is the Greatest and it's crazy how sick his catalog is. You will be so surprised how many Classic songs this man has. Almost every damn time he got on a track, magic happen. I think his GOAT status is cemented. Expect every Michael album released in the future to go multi-platinum and break many sales records. Yes even from the Grave, MJJ will still be runing this music ? .
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I have Prince as my GOAT. Followed by Marvin.

MJ is perched somewhere in the top 5.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    I have Prince as my GOAT. Followed by Marvin.

MJ is perched somewhere in the top 5.

Prince and Marvin are there, no doubt. Both Legendary. But you know and I know, Michael was Michael, age 5-50. That legend is untouchable fam. He will go down as the greatest entertainer of all time. It's doubtful his legecy will be outmatched by anyone. Even the two legends you mentioned. Also Michael ruled the 80's, even Prince understands this dispite all the Classic material he dropped himself. Marvin died in the Early 80's but he was definitley going to continue to be one of the Illest ever. Both Prince and Marvin have LP's seeing Michael's all day. But their legacy's most likley won't surpass what Michael has done interms of Impact and Influenical. 1 Billion watched this man's funeral. He's not a President, or King, or Prince. He's not a head of state. He was an singer/entertainer and commanded that attention around the world. You cannot go to a single country in this world and they are not somewhat aware of Michael Jackson. They were saying something like 1 and every 5 Americans own "Thriller" and 1 and ever 100,000 WW own the album. That's crazy.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    mike will always be the GOAT
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    mj-remix-cover.jpg

ggfghhjghvhjh

Love that Photo of Mike. Here's another one:

david+Nordahl.jpg
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Record sales dont need to confirm he is G.O.A.T its and often overused acronym but Michael was...and is
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Record sales dont need to confirm he is G.O.A.T its and often overused acronym but Michael was...and is

Record Sales are just one aspect of Michael's GOAT status. He has 40+ years of Classic Material. He had hits in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. Michael was so sick that he covered many Classic RnB songs and did them almost better thant he original including "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Ready or Not" as well as "People make the world go around". Michael also glided through every aspect of music, including RnB, Soul, Funk, Rock, Techno, Hip Hop/Rap there was no style Michael could not do. He's the GOAT cause we will never see an artist of his caliber again. That doesn't mean their aren't other Legends cause they are. But who will be ranked ahead of Michael? I mean what Michael did for the music video alone is enough to call him the GOAT.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Cool ? , as I'm reading this now my 4 yr old is son is watching This Is It. This little dude worships MJ.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    ^ my 9 & 5 y/o love MJ too. He continues to get new fans every decade too.

Michael Jackson is the GOAT. I kinda wish he did more rock sounding songs. Give In To Me is my song right now.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010

Michael Jackson is the GOAT. I kinda wish he did more rock sounding songs. Give In To Me is my song right now.

Mike's "Rock" Catalog is PERFECT:

Beat It featring Eddie Van Halen (of Van Halen)
    ? Diana featuring Steve Stevens (Of Billy Idol's band)
    Black or White featuring Slash (of Guns and Roses)
    Give In To Me featuring Slash (of Guns and Roses)
    Whatever Happens featuring Carlos Santana

Mike bodied those Rock and Roll songs. Mike gave a lot of lead singers in Rock Bands a run for their money. He was a Rock Star.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited April 2010
    What album is Whatever Happens on?

? Diana used to make me blush when I was a kid.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    What album is Whatever Happens on?

? Diana used to make me blush when I was a kid.

LOL, "? Diana" was my ? as a kid, I was about 8 years old when it dropped and I use to love the video cause it was featured on "Moonwalker" one of my favorite movies of the 80's. The Video made Michael seem so larger than life as the crowd was huge in that video. But "Whatever Happens" is a slept on slow rock ballad Michael Did with Carlos Santana on his final studio album "Invincible" which was criminally slept on my the masses dispite selling 10 Million Worldwide. The song is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLxs1l3l4HE

Michael Jackson featuring Carlos Santana - Whatever Happens
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Mike is the greatest artist of all times.........

dude body of work is second to none...Mike music from "off the wall" - "invincible" is classic.... i won't b surprised if this ? is some special galactic music entity... dude was one of the illest vocal singers the world has ever seen, we're not even goin to discuss him as a performer... ? like mike come every century...it's just sad 2 see his how his so call fans (americans) white,& black did him in his final days....i can tell u one thing, us foreigners always showed the ? love ,europeans,africans,mexicans,west indians, indians....
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited April 2010
    LOL, "? Diana" was my ? as a kid, I was about 8 years old when it dropped and I use to love the video cause it was featured on "Moonwalker" one of my favorite movies of the 80's. The Video made Michael seem so larger than life as the crowd was huge in that video. But "Whatever Happens" is a slept on slow rock ballad Michael Did with Carlos Santana on his final studio album "Invincible" which was criminally slept on my the masses dispite selling 10 Million Worldwide. The song is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLxs1l3l4HE

Michael Jackson featuring Carlos Santana - Whatever Happens

I had that album but only really listened to Butterflies & Heaven Can Wait back then..

I'll check this vid out later. YT is blocked at work. Thanks :)

I have the Moonwalker video game on Sega Genesis. That movie never gets old.

MJ was that dude.... I bet He'd make another 10 mil if the BAD tour is released on DVD. My mom in law has it on tape but she won't let me see it to transfer it to dvd.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010

Give In To Me is flames. The whole Dangerous album is my all time fav. MJ album followed by History.

Don't get me wrong, I love the classics but they're super played out like nothing else. Especially since my son just loves Thriller and Beat It, after awhile I'm like OOOOOOOKAY TURN IT OFF.